When you audio nerds upgrade to good, high end headphones from shitty earbuds? What was it like?

When you audio nerds upgrade to good, high end headphones from shitty earbuds? What was it like?

better sounds for a week. then my ears got used to it

It's a must. You shouldn't die without experiencing great audio.

> Work in audio store
> Used to my shitty Shure SE215
> One day some salesman from Final Audio comes into the shop
> Get to try the $4000 Lab II
> Literally cant hear a difference on some hi res classical music piece
> Pretend its amazing

Would've been funny if you told him how it was shit.

are skullcandy the patricians choice?

Really good at first then I got used to it. Tried to use apple again to see, couldnt stand it even though I had used it for years before.

i cant use ear-in earphone type shit so i stick to those garbage apple things cuz in-ear stuff makes my ears hurt : ' (

the same cheap trash coloured brightly

when i got my mk5s by they hurt for a good while, been a few years, don't even notice they're there. you just need to get used to them

but theres a noticeable increase in quality, a lot more bass too. compared to apple ones anyway, and that newer design is shit and amplifies the sound out of your ears too much

don't know about the new ones, but much of anything is better than apple, most commercial or popular are geared towards bass, if you really care for precise sound wouldn't recommend either

would upgrading to spotify premium make a big difference in sound quality?

depends on the bitrate provided, streaming is gross anyways

i was only memeing about them being patrician, they never last long either but they have good sound and pretty good value too. i dont like to invest much in earphones

they're made towards mass production & appeal, if a majority of the public are listening to bassboosteddancecomp2014.mp3 they're going to make then for that. there's always great budget/value iems out there, look into brainwavz & soundmagic

I've never experienced high end audio but I have had plenty of on-ear and in-ear phones in the $40-150 price range and they all blow apple and drugstore earphones out of the water.

Sup Forums seems to hate them but I love etymotic hf5 earphones.

>etymotic hf5 earphones

reddit: the earphones

buy a cheap dac/amp for your desktop or mobile, it makes the experience a whole lot better. also min 320kbps bitrate doesn't hurt

I still have yet to try """""high end""""" headphones but I recently bought a pair of Senn HD201s and they were a massive improvement over the shite Samsung earbuds that came with my phone

>IEMS

Why would anybody -- EVER -- spend more than 40 dollars ever on iems?

Spend money on headphones you wear at home, not ones you wear around constant background noise in public.

i can't hear that much of a difference in quality but it is fun hearing how a new set of headphones emphasizes different details in the music.
my ears are kinda fucked from years of live concerts so not rly worth the extra $$$$ for me.

a point to buying expensive iems is for better sound isolation

I bought a pair of headphones 4 years ago and they still work perfectly.
They're JVC and it has a thick cable ( that's why it's not broken i think ).
if this one breaks i'll get a Sennhauser or something.