What's wrong with being alcoholic/junkie...

what's wrong with being alcoholic/junkie? let's consider self-harm (health) doesn't count: what makes being alcoholic/junkie this much wrong and disastrous?

for example: i do shitloads of drugs; drink every fuckin day; i care for my parents; show respect to people; treat them right; love kids; don't harm anyone; earn money myself.

and there's some asshole who doesn't even smoke cigarettes but does things absolutely vice-versa.

if it's the case, why do people still disrespect me more than that jerk who is one to be actually blamed?

keep in mind that i am not talking about self-harm.

The fact you are a massive drain of resources.
Police resources having to deal with your lunacy.
Social welfare eesources because you are constantly broke
No tax revenue for the state.
Essentially just a selfish leach that expects everyone else to carry. A real degenerate

>No tax revenue for the state.
Well, this one's their own fault.

Forgot to mention hospitals when you are rushed to ER for fucking yourself up, or giving yourself cancer due to horrible health and life choices, probably other diseases through the use of needles

exactly my thought. I went the other day to a presentation in my workplace and got told, that alcohol/drugs are bad, and that I inevitably make myself and others unhappy. What a bullshit.

because the stigma around junkies and alcoholics is really bad and people tend to stereotype them and they are 80% of the time right. junkies are unreliable and lying people who will turn back to you regardless of how long youve been mates with.

doing drugs at the weekends is more socially accepted than doing everyday as is alcohol at the weekends, just some people tend to release week stress with drugs on weekends. some alcohol. and nobody is addicted. everyone are functional

what if i keep being functional even if i drink every day?

bump

I havent seen addicts that are functional when they do the drug everyday, maybe for some weeks, months youre fine. have job etc but its a rabbit hole. one day work and everything will start to disturb ur drug use or simply get fired. addicts arent productive people and your job quality will drop significantly

Over the long term good luck with that.

because most people aren't how you describe. I'm pretty sure you are full of shit. once you get strung out it is a totally different fucking game.

society has a right to:

1) protect itself from unhealthy behaviors of the few
2) discourage future people from being alh/addicts

actually job is the last thing to go, since money is so important.

Who is the one to be actually blamed?
HINT: It's not anyone else

its the first thing to go, money can be found somewhere else than having a job and more easier way to support ur addiction

Its all in how you play it, i come from a family of functional drunks and my parents never skipped work or other responsibilities. I do kratom and smoke weed everyday but drinking gives me the worst hangovers these days so i do that only occasionally.. If youre wasted 24/7 youre only doing yourself harm and people see that as weakness... people hate weakness

Our society is all based on efficientcy now. They dont want the people doin nothing so they make sure theyre all a bunch of sober tight asses with ignorant minds.

OP. Come on, guy. Self-harm does count, ya dummy. You obviously have a problem, and you can't argue your way out of it.

You're destroying your body. But if you're too pathetic to even admit it's wrong, then whatever, kill yourself slowly, you drunk moron.

you destroy the lives of those around you.

I really dont give a shit about people harming them selves,

BUT junkies are 99,9% annoying fucks who deserve to get beaten

some people choose to burn their lives with drugs than sit sober 247 and talk shit like you do. we all die one day thats a fact, so do something about it. your decision if you go out sooner or later. im not justifying drinking alcohol every day but drug use in general.

living in a routine, sleep work home sleep isnt living a fulfill life :D in an addicts life their one hour is 365 days of your life. theyre living life their choice their path

drink, do drugs whatever
that's just a cost/benefit about your health and finances

but being a junkie is a usage pattern

signs a drug user is a junkie
>compulsive/spontaneous use
>uses drugs to cope with normal life
>anti-social user
>drug binges
>drugs becoming more important than family, work
>crime to further use

the stigma is because people are afraid someone they know will beome a junkie; it's not like they care if you do drugs per-ce

a excommunicated several friends who started doing drugs
one stole from friends, not to buy drugs; but to pay his bills after buying drugs
one became violent and psychotic, threatened people
one would try to turn everything we did into an opportunity to get high

Because ive never known a heroin junkie who hasnt stolen every valuable thing in someones house. Then they go off and rob every store in sight to get more money for heroin. Doing herion is fine as lomg as you dont steal from other people. But you ARE going to steal from other people cause your a heroin junkie and dont give a shit. Alcoholics.....well every alcoholic ive known is a pissed off asshole. Go ahead be drunk all the time just dont be a dickwagon all the time cause your dick dont work amd your too tipsy to stand. Thats your problem cuntnugget deal with it. Oh you cant?then stay on the fucking floor then.. ohh HO HO dont get me started om the crack heads. Damn fucktards camt goov5 seconds 5 GODDAMN SECONDS withoit taking a hit. Just get an iv drip of the stuff ifyou cant put the pipe away for 1 single motherfucking minute.

haha you seem drunk AND upset

This;
>compulsive/spontaneous use
>uses drugs to cope with normal life
>anti-social user
>drug binges
>drugs becoming more important than family, work
>crime to further use

I drank a lot, but was functioning alcoholic. But, I NEEDED to drink. It was self-medicating crutch. Over time stress built up (Work, Marriage), I had to drink more, I got insomnia, so, I drank through the night and never sobered up.

Got fired, now I'm getting a divorce. So, enjoy it while it lasts, recovery is a monumental bitch. 2 years sober now, but it took longer than that to start sobriety.

Cheers.

Not drunk yet. Soon though