Sup Forums here, what's this board's consensus on alt-J?

Sup Forums here, what's this board's consensus on alt-J?

Just found their new song on Youtube's trending page and thought it was absolute trash but all of the comments are praising it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bDUUOt30TGA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rlBskd3IaNw
youtube.com/watch?v=bDUUOt30TGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lead singer sounds like an actual 5 year old trying to sing. 0/10

Check out An Awesome Wave, it's generally considered their best and also a pretty damn good indie album. You'll know if you love it or hate it.

I don't know how to feel about this. I don't enjoy it but I don't hate it.

I kind of liked that until the guy singing from inside a cardboard box came in.

it started off interesting but degraded into generic pop soon after. but not totally bad.

>58 likes

their first album was pretty good, their second was mildly interesting, so I'm not anticipating this one

New concept is led by the drummer trying to edgy mysterious cool Japanese inspired something something

what is it 2BIG4u?? haha

HOLY SHIT THIS IS LITERALLY GAMEPLAY FROM LSD DREAM EMULATOR

That sounds like a current 93 sample at the beginning. it's okay overall
and yeah that's that LSD videogame

nah this is faggy.

especially once the vocals come in. want to punch them.

oh, and looky here. here's what they look like, surprise surprise.

Sup Forums hates alt-J. I like their first album a lot, the new song is pretty cool. This new album so far looks promising

The first album was incredible, the second album had a few good songs but was a little too generic for my tastes, this new single is butts.

Just the name Alt-J really put me off. Really suspect. Enough from keeping me to ever inquiring to listen to them until now. My instincts were correct.

PUT IT IN MY BUTT NOW

Well, Something Good is my shit.

And that's it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rlBskd3IaNw

>muse
what did you expect, that he would say something intelligent?

Actually it's written alt-J, which is even worse.

they're terrible hipster shit. listen to loveless instead

"listen to loveless instead"

If you want to be like captain fagbeard here then start enjoying it

>youtube.com/watch?v=bDUUOt30TGA

haha, that's so pussy-ish

they might as well call themselves 'lowercase D'

it's good music

Their lead singer sounds like Adam Sandler doing his little Nicky voice

The song was good. Anyone who said otherwise is wrong, from a purely objective standpoint.

they're called that due to the triangle symbol that is typed when you press alt and j buttons on a mac

When I first heard alt-J online I shrugged it off, I didn't listen to the radio so I thought they were just going to be an indie in-joke for a year and a half. Years later I realized they were top 40 and had big radio play, I had no idea. I'm like "oh hey I know these guys" and the person I was listening to the radio with was like "no shit"

Anyways their first album is good and I was surprised

correct, is there best, but still trash

pls avoid them if you care about the health of your ears

The instrumental part is pretty wack. I like ambient music but it sounds too faux-oriental and goes on too long. Once the vocals kick in though it sounds like Erasure, you know, the Rainbow Unicorn Attack band, that's pretty sweet actually

holy fuck thats cringey

I expect this in every Alt-J thread. Not disappointed.

idk man, I've been really digging this track since it came out

Why did you put your home board in your post? Do you think anybody cares that you browse Sup Forums but for television? What does it add the post as a whole?

I listened to An Awesome Wave and it wasn't good. The band had some good ideas and an interesting rhythm section but the construction was so half-baked and uneven. Also, the a cappella sections made me want to jam pencils into my ears. That being said, I might enjoy their next album more from what I've heard.

I like it but I also want to hate it because it sounds like they're trying to sound avante garde. Same reason I like but also dislike Radiohead. Which this sounds a lot like. Anybody feel this feel? Am I just hating it because of the fan base which is all "holy shit so deep and amazing" and also they're mainstream?

>smell of sex
Dropped
>good like burning wood
FUCKING DROPPED

>Mainstream artists talking about sex
Dropped harder than anything ever

That's a fucking delta baka this band is DUMB

bad. tryhard. maybe had somethin goin in the beginning, but they lost that realhard

I liked An Awesome Wave a lot, there's not a song on there that doesn't still hold up to me. 2nd album was a letdown but it had a few standout tracks (gospel of john hurt). I like the atmosphere of the new track. Excited to see where they go from here, but keeping my expectations tempered.

i like it

nailed it

>scared of sex
dropped

>I liked An Awesome Wave a lot
dropped

That is so incredibly spot on desu