Post a group of albums that you would consider to be the "best", as in, the absolute masterpieces of music as a medium...

Post a group of albums that you would consider to be the "best", as in, the absolute masterpieces of music as a medium. Try to be as objective as possible.

Then rate each others lists.

Never got the love for Joanna. Pet Sounds, Blonde On Blonde and the Gojira album (can't remember the name now) are excellent. Loveless and Aja are pretty good.

You do realize how hilariously naive you sound making lists like these? Without mentioning classical music, or even jazz?

Read more if you want to be "objective", you insecure fag

Aja is jazz though.

>objective

I don't want to be a dick to you, but please don't say that ever again.

Op here. Before everyone gets triggered over the use of the word "objective" please note I just said to TRY to be as objective as possible. Obviously it's an impossible idea but it's something you can strive for and attempt to achieve by changing the way you think about albums, even if you will always come up short of true objectivity (if such a thing could even be said to exist).

Well, it is more rock (and pop) than jazz tbqh.

im not even joking, these are my top favorite albums objectively, thought about it for 10 minutes

>Art of Fugue
>9th
>Beethoven's late string quartets
>Can's Future Days
>Kind Of Blue

I'd probably throw in a bunch of blues/folk into it too

No.

dude lsd lmao

(those some of my favorites too) (checked)

> my top favorite albums objectively

why quads why

>my top favorite albums
>objectively
What does that even means?

OkiDoker boyz I hope U lick ym objetcvittivy.

Right, the only thing that it shares with jazz are some guitar chords

I hope you do now

eh, i wouldn't call sung tongs objectively good, with whaddit i done and visiting friends (even though i like those songs)

these are the albums i would consider objectively good, from a music theory standpoint

Holy shit that's bad

How can something be "better" or "worse" from a "music theory standpoint"? Music theory says nothing about the relative quality of a piece of music, unless you're saying complexity=quality.

>Pulp

A N G E R Y

literally please just fuck off liam

This is rich coming from the man who thinks Pulp ever made anything that can even compete with Oasis' first 4 albums whatsoever.

please Gallagher brothers just fucking leave me alone