Any alcohol dependent faggots tonight? I'd love to hear about your day. Any other drugs you do?

Any alcohol dependent faggots tonight? I'd love to hear about your day. Any other drugs you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

aa.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just stick to norco, it relaxes me. I become a bit more social, I guess.

I get high on life

I'm happy for you. Although this thread ain't for you.

Yo my man. It's noon here. Skipping out on work cos I got too drunk last night. Gonna go to a pub now because I have to stay away from home till at least five. What's good?

Let's see, I woke up around 6am, started to browse the internet/look for jobs. Made myself breakfast of Hash browns and fried eggs with just a bit of cheddar. Continued to job hunt/browse the web till about noon time. Then I went out to scrounge together the cheapest food items available to make a chicken and rice soup. When that was all done I continued to contemplate on spectacular failure as a human being. Gave up job hunting yet again with out finding anything, Started drinking cheap ass vodka with a water chaser. Played call of duty blitzed while chanting that one line in the song from the movie Good Burger 'I'm a dude, he's a dude, shes a dude, we're all dudes hey!' with my chat headset. Got too drunk to even play and then I passed out probably around 8pm. It's currently 5am where I am not and I'm just gearing up for another long day of the exact same thing.
I'm patiently waiting for just enough courage to kill myself.
HOW WAS YOUR DAY OP?

It's a fine day though so it ain't too bad.

Hi Hi HIYA
Yes indeed. I like me Vodka or Bourbon.
Cheap works, but I appreciate a fine liquor; no matter what kind.
I've ruined my (social) life and might benefit from having done so. idk lol

That breakfast sounds good.

Drank a bunch of cheap-ass vodka. Vomited on the lawn. Toning it down a bit so that I can keep food in my belly. Seriously thinking about your breakfast in a few hours. It's 2a.m. here...

I quit alcohol and am in aa now. The hard part is I used it to help me sleep and forget about very bad experiences. Now that I quit sleep it's challenging...

Sounds like troll bait, but sleep deprivation is extremely dangerous. more than alcohol.

Hang in there man. Life sucks horribly sometimes but its not a excuse to an hero. Just keep working every day to better yourself and get off the booze.

>warm wishes from an alcoholic who has been to the bottom and back up again

Why do you drink OP?

Quit alcohol. Typo.

Alcohol causes a lot of heart palpitations the next day if i drink too much. In a way this is a good thing because it mostly keeps me from drinking a lot. However, i do go to the bar and have two or three beers almost every night. I love alcohol. It takes the edge off. If it wasnt for the way it affected me, id probably be drunk all the time.

I fuckin hate myself and my life.

AA scares the fuck out of me. I get that I drink too much, but I don't want to stop. I like not caring about shit. Downers get me on a level I never want to leave.

Dude, I get you with the sleep aspect.
I tried the AA route but it didn't stick.
I found more solace in listening to things like Dr. Drew Pinskey's podcasts and radio shows and what-not... Although he's a hugh advocate of the 12-step programs.

I honestly don't think that's troll bait...
At least the part about getting to sleep via being in a passed-out/inebriated state.

I only go to sleep once I finish a fifth of bourbon

It did for me as well, especially since I'm atheist. But it was actually not a downer and hopeful for the most part. I gave it a try because I was desperate and was going to die if I didn't find something that worked. Aa has been good for me so far

Anyway, today i woke up at like 9am, but being exhausted from constant lack of sleep (i get nightmares almost every night, and even when i dont i sleep shallowly and wake up in the middle of the night) and deciding that there wasnt shit for me to do anyways, i went back to bed not too long after waking up. Woke up at 4pm, went to the library to check out Ancillary Justice, got a medication refilled, went home and fucked around on the net for awhile, then went to the bar.

AA isn't that bad.
It was daunting for me initially walking into one of those meetings but then you realize that's it just a bunch fuck-tards like yourself and you go, "Oh, O.K." and that's it. It's mostly about networking with other folks who are in the same boat.

At least where I live.
I have heard of some pretty Hell-Fire-&-Brimstone groups. Avoid those.

How do you go about finding AA meetings? Do you just sort of show up to one one day or do you contact someone and arrange it?

I'd be more inclined if I could quietly show up to a random meeting.

What you're feeling is the initial withdrawal/hangover. The really bad withdrawal starts on day three. It can make a hangover seem like a mild cold

>It was daunting for me initially walking into one of those meetings
why on earth would you think that about a bunch of rock bottom losers in aa

Just showed up at a random meeting. Aa meetings are run locally So you'll have to look up that ones at your specific city. There are also afew different types of meetings. I highly encourage going to one that is a open meeting and not one where they are doing the 12 step study.

1st meeting was a little weird but they were very welcoming :)

This guy knows what he's talking about.
That part sucks if you get to that state.

Just look 'em up online a find a meeting near where you live. It's a world-wide organization so it's shouldn't be too much of a problem. And yeah, just show up and sit quietly in the back and listen.

The saying goes, "Take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth."

aa.org/

admitting that I had a problem with something that I didn't really know how to control

I've met homeless people and multi millionaires in the same meeting. The thing about aa is that alcoholism puts you all on equal footing.

I've been keeping an eye out for one in my local craigslist community tab but I've never seen one and ive never cared enough to really look beyond that.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Everyone's got their problems and I'm glad you shared yours. I have a real love, hate with booze, butIi love it more than my family.

It generally won't be listed in Craigslist. You'll have to go to your local aa website. For example the one for my city has a listing of the timesand locations of most meetings every day of the week. It also has a number to call to get info on meeting locations and times.

It's a great program / organization.

But I do try to steer clear of the Bible-Thumpers as they are pure evil.

Oh, don't get me wrong; I still love booze... I just can't ingest it properly, anymore.

Which sucks because my father's a vinter and I can't / won't try his new wines. But I can smell them and read about them.

But I hear ya...

Got a buzz at 8 AM. Went to work at HR for EMC Insurance, cause I love to write emails to people telling them that they fucked up instead of me. Carry 2 pocket flasks all day with good ol' Jim Beam keeping me company. Maintain constant buzz, as most days do not require any contact with co-workers. Drop buzz to drive home because I ain't a fuck that is gonna ruin someone else's life by drunk driving, get home at 5 so i can sink into an alcohol induced sleep until 11. Eat a frozen pizza as dinner, then get wasted on the cheapest vodka I can find. This is mostly a daily routine.