KPOP GENERAL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N8Pwejfz0rI
youtube.com/watch?v=13qCrRVFkk8
youtube.com/watch?v=QtsnD_op6v4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SNSD, for a group with a long 10 year history they don't really have any outstanding musical masterpieces that would have arisen from their maturity. They had many of public hits, but if you take out Gee has there been anything more 'iconic' than what many other groups release in the past and present?
If you put Red Velvet's two year old discography next to that of SNSD's best, Red Velvet will come out very comparable or even surpass them with a few of these gems: Cool Hot Sweet Love, Body Talk, Automatic, Ice Cream Cake, Cool World, Dumb Dumb, Oh Boy, Little Little, etc. In other words, RV is on it's way to overshadow SNSD in way of musicality. But have SNSD fans ever written dissertations on what SM has been doing to SNSD with musical stagnation? Probably just a small afterthought, at the most. The simple truth may be that when a group is at the top the fans don't really care about much musicality because the means to an end has already been achieved, and punt

gflop

looks like king farquaad lmao

tl;dr?

gonna have to word that post

why am I so in love with krystal this is getting depressing

is this...cub?

yeri

imagine krystal with an even remotely feminine face

igab is the most iconic kpop song of all time

does Arin think about sex?

omoo this photoset gets me every time it's posted

that would be sica

someday i'll post my copypasta too

he's terrified of an snsd comeback trivializing his nugu waifu

gee was snsd only good title track

guys let's get this going. maybe in a year we'll actually get a show about it.

아린

cub is hibernating

We need new targets, this one has run its course

I don't find this type of internet script to be funny

you don't have to imagine reality

any kpop songs about being a warrior?

this is true, dongdong seems big
but it's only because the majority of AOA is smol

happy choa birthday day choa happy day birthday today choa

id be depressed to if krystal was my waifu

official gg popularity ranking is out

1 TWICE
2 BLACKPINK
3 Red Velvet
4 AOA
5 WJSN
6 A Pink
7 I.O.I
8 Lovelyz
9 SNSD
10 Mamamoo

why is mina so angry here?

Those are great song choices to be immortalized in pasta

that was my only slugmin pic but i posted it too many times and it's not funny anymore

Wheres gfriend?

write kim sae ron as the prey of mrj...

Based twice

Why? Because she's perfect wife material and you'll never get to be with her or even just be her friend?

Need a Mimi gf desu

>bitchy manface edgelord
>wife material
kek

who?

1 TWICE
2 BLACKPINK
3 Red Velvet

Our girls.

uglyz shouldn't even be on that list

there's most likely a power gap between the first three and the rest
red velvet is muuch more popular than aoa and they're getting more fame while aoa seems like they've been in decline ever since the good luck era

not sure if you're fishing for this dbh
youtube.com/watch?v=N8Pwejfz0rI

>shook

k girls that tall are probably a statistical outlier. seems equivalent to a woman being 5'11 in the west

shes just aggressively happy about this ellesse photoshoot

dbh aoa is probably going to disband in a few years

igab was ambitious and iconic whether you like it personally
since then, i guess snsd's job has been celebrities more than singers though

Luna~

애정

don't you dare bring that up

>more than 4 years since igab
hul

post her legs!

you slow down
then you speed up

What sets this album apart from most other K-pop albums, in my opinion, is the fact that it is so dynamic. The arrangements on all the songs use the now standard 'Loud, quiet, Loud' formula of song writing perfected by alternative rock acts in the late 80s/early 90s. It is also lush with melody on top of counter-melody (multi-layered vocals+instrumental). The harmonies are seriously infectious and you can hear what sounds like sincere excitement in the girls' voices despite how nonsensical or disingenuous the lyrics may be(these are more or less irrelevant most of the time when it comes to this kind of music). The range of sounds to be heard on this record from claps and snaps to funky basslines and bubbling synthesizers to xylophones and horns is exuberant.
Not just the girls, but the instruments also, seem to be clambering over each other to be heard, not in a competitive way, but in perfect synergy, they know if they give their all individually they will spur each other on and it will meld together, with the help of some production magic, to make something beautiful that none of them could match on their own. Each member knows when to pull back when another has the spotlight and when to add texture with harmony. The array of instruments transforms when transitioning between each section of each song creating different moods with the help of different volumes to complement the vocal delivery whether that be infatuated harmonies or ecstatic shrieks. This album brings the consistency that the Ice Cream Cake mini-album failed to delivery despite its amazing title track. Red Velvet have created a front-to-back effervescent tour de force that is a marvel to hear in the world of pop music and I would say this was the best pop album I heard in 2015 (not just K-pop) and it makes me look forward to hearing Red Velvet's next release.

>ioi
i thought they were dead

wtf you cant like all 3. pick a side

here we go again

chatting with other krystal bros was nice while it lasted

mr.J as the main villain also matthew's younger brother

hul...

i know where you got this from. disgusting

why is wjsn so high? this is awesome

our girls

their contracts end may 2019
there's still a few more comebacks left

modern day bohemian rhapsody amirite..? XD

i don't think so. remember when we thought aoa was about to disband last year because of controversies? i think they're playing safe now to avoid it.

youtube.com/watch?v=13qCrRVFkk8
shannon is competing against these lol

has it really been that long? Christ.

mijoo

oh?

mr. douma has a younger brother? interesting. he could be like hank from breaking bad. i like where this is going guys...

word

who's the official twice visual?

no jyp copouts saying they're all visuals

>less popular than a dead group
lol ok

i wish it never existed

Do you guys even like the music?

Like if all the girls turn super ugly would you even care about kpop?

they have no visuals

tfw no funny jungyeon gf...

Full album when?

Chewy, Mina, Sana, Twiceboy.

yes, im already an once~

we'll know the answer to who leaves and who stays in may 12, 2019
save the date

mina is the prettiest idol right now

koreans love tzuyu, nayeon, and mina so them i guess

yeah I like the music

slug is the cutest

s____ t__

(You)

that's the best you got?

lmfao

members are fun to meme about but i don't look at groups most of the time i'm listening
also (You)

yep

sana

it's chewy. if you look at all their cfs shes always center, gets most of the screen time. id say thats an indicator of what the official visual is

youtube.com/watch?v=QtsnD_op6v4

>mina is the second ugliest idol in twice right now
word

scaredy thot