Have you ever seen this film without skipping a single frame...

Have you ever seen this film without skipping a single frame, and without pausing it for longer than it would take to take a leak? I mean including the first 3 min of black screen with background music. Answer honestly, for the sake of statistics.

Yes several times.

Why can you not do it? There are films MUCH slower than 2001, so heads up.

yes but I wasn't suckled on the teet of MTV and reality television.

It's my favorite movie. Sorry if it was 2deepUUUU.

Examples please. I've seen Satantango without skipping a frame, but I did it in 3 days as it was in 3 parts. Aside from that 2001 is the slowest I could think of.

My god.... its full of cucks

Multiple times. Although first time I thought the dvd was broken in the first blank screen.

I watched it over the course of 3 weeks tbqh

yeah, but i watch films properly
(ie not in the background at 1.25x speed while shitposting simultaneously)

Hmm I never thought about that... thanks for the idea m8

I do that for LOTR every summer (extended editions.) 2001 is easy.

I saw it in the cinema last summer.

It's a fucking pretentious snoozefest with some good visuals for the time.

Solaris, The Mirror, Dogville, werkmeister harmonies, Gerry

There are a ton more russian films that move slow as shit but I have trouble remembering them. It's what you get when you don't have to pander to the lowest common denominator.

I never watch the credits.

I skip the conference thing when rewatching.

Not counting credits.

Yes it is not that hard.

yes, rather easily.

Yeah.

that's funny, LOTR is more of a christmas thing for me

Many times. With other people as well.

>without skipping a single frame
Do kids these days really do this? reminds me of those fat landwhales who skip chunks of their genre fiction trash to get to the bits that excite them.

>I mean including the first 3 min of black screen with background music. Answer honestly, for the sake of statistics.
You make it sound like watching a film that is longer than 2 hours is an impossible task that requires great strength and stamina in order to endure. Holy fucking shit, answer honestly do you have ADHD?

Russians have already been mentioned, but there are tons of slow films in Chinese and Taiwanese as well. Filipino too (Lav Diaz may be slower than them all).

2001 is a cakewalk

I fell asleep 2001 seconds after it started haha

I'm not diagnosed but I might, who knows. I love many old slow films like Tokyo Story, and I continue watching more older films, but I can never endure the whole thing without pausing it a lot. 2 hours film takes like 5-6 hours to watch for me.

+1

I watched this film 3 times a day for a whole week.

not even bathroom breaks.

All the time

>including the first 3 min of black screen

You can't even sit still for 3 fucking minutes? You have fucking problems man.

Sure.
But then again, i watched the entire starwars trilogy in one sitting

I did. I don't think there are any unnecessary frames in the film, worth every moment.

Saw it with a live orchestra a couple years back, but I think they had an intermission.