What are Sup Forumss opinion on the big four?

What are Sup Forumss opinion on the big four?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S35HesWIXug
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Awesome. The four.

Until 91, they(re all litterally awesome. Then, they evolved to come back to thrash again in the 2000's. And now, I think Metallica is the best in the 2010's

Testament, Exodus, Slayer, and Venom is a better line up in my opinion.

Heard of Metallica and Slayer. The others sound like cancer.

Actually Megadeth is pretty awesomr. Anthrax are thrash/punk/rap commies.

B8

Testament and Exodus came some years late. The big four was the big four because they were the first to release thrash metal, and to do it good. Other bands are good, for sure. (Artillery for example)

No match for the Teutonic Big Four.

Kreator, Sodom, Destruction & Tankard.

megadeth is like metallic with a more varied sound/vocals.i like both. no idea about anthrax though

kek

Teutonic thrash is too hard for me ;) I never liked it and i don't even know why

Metallica are corporate sell outs. The others are fine, but not significant in the long run.

Mustaine should've gotten a singer. Anthrax is barely in big anything. Metallica should stop making metal. Slayer needs Satan.

Pantera> Anthrax

megadeth > slayer > metallica > anthrax

Not in the Big 4, but one of my favorite album ever

Not sure if you are a troll but exodus came before metallica. Kirk hammett is from exodus :)

Annihilator, Artillery, Coroner, Exodus, Flotsam and Jetsam, Heathen, Overkill, Pantera, Testament. That's all I know, they all made good albums but the Big 4 still are the best bands of thrash in the long run as for me.

I knew it but their album came out in 1985. Big 4 released their first album in 1983-1984. That's all ;)

Slayer and anthrax have some great songs but don't mix it up enough. Raining blood is great but 90% of the rest of their songs are just generic open string chugging that sounds like the rest. Megadeth was great but started to become dull after youthanasia. Metallica in the 80s was king. 90s kind of sucked but wasn't as bad as every elitist would have you think. Death magnetic and st anger sucked. I think their new album is ducking awesome ( though they should have just stuck with the first cd with spit out the bone added at the end)

>anthrax
>not pantera

Almost same opinion on Hardwired. The first CD is top tier and Spit out the bone. I'd just add Murder One and Lords Of Summer (bonus track on CD3).

This

I grew up with these bands, here's my tldr opinion

Metallica - awesome, yes even the albums after the first 4 (I've only listened up to St. Anger)
Megadeth - Lots of great songs, not as many as Metallica, insane guitar work, not a huge fan of Mustaines voice
Slayer - Many songs with awesome evil riffs and crazy drums, but guitar solos often feel very messy and I don't like that
Antrahx - Haven't listened a lot to them to be honest, I never felt like they were at the same level as the other 3 bands, and I really dislike the fact that they joined up with Public Enemy at some point doing some rap stuff, felt weird

I don't really listen to much of any of these bands anymore, maybe some Metallica/Megadeth some times, but mostly I look for other bands from the same/earlier era doing speed/thrash metal, lots of great underrated bands out there

have a look to the 18:20 post. Some great stuff right there

Anthrax and Megadeth suck
Kill em All is the best album ever imo but after that they slowly went downhill
Slayer is ok i guess, if you like slayer check out Hellbringer they got some insane riffs
youtube.com/watch?v=S35HesWIXug

Exactly, and that would put it at the perfect running time. I almost felt like hardwired was too long

They were awesome when I was an underage faggot. Now im an older faggot and they're all shitty and cancerous. AX7 is where it's at

78mn on the CD1+2. Same default as all their album since Load.

"A CD can be 80mn long ?"
"Let's fill it !"

>EDGY

My four favorite bands. Learned guitar playing along to Metallica. Its a great time when all of the big 4 have great albums out. Anthrax's For All Kings is the most fun album of the year, Megadeth's Dystopia is the most musical and bst played. Slayer and Metallica released solid efforts.

Also, outside the big 4 Testament, Kreator, Overkill, Exodus all have good shit going on. All have new cds ... well Overkill soon.

I say, more metal, more gooder. Dream Theater certainly fills cds too.

Seriously. really the only rock bands that should be consistently filling CDs is prog metal imo

Nice bait. That being said I do like megadeth, Metallica, and avenged. Moth into the flames chorus sounds like something avenged would have made that was inspired by Metallica. Trippie

>Metallica is the best in the 2010's
>Worship Music
>For All Kings

Get Anthrax out and put something better

>Testament, Kreator, Overkill, Exodus all have good shit going on
I liked all of these albums more than the big 4 releases

Slayer are the only ones even worth listening to. Kill em All was okay, but Metallica is still absolute shit compared to other decent thrash bands like Sodom and Kreator.
Thrash is a fucking meme genre with a fuckload of shitty musicians praised for their "originality"...
>not saying Slayer, Kreator or Sodom are very original
>but they do their shtick well

This.
Music should be treated like the art form it is, not some product meant to fill a CD with. If anyone honestly thinks it's supposed to be packed for the sake of it, they have no fucking clue about artistic expression.

You're all a bunch of faggots, swallowing the most readily available shit and then proceeds to hit yourselves across the chest with your shit tier individualism.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Metallicas new album.

> slayer is the only band worth listening to

LOL are you kidding me. All the other bands listed are not only more talented but actually know how to do something besides chug open E, bark like a 8th grader at a talent show trying to scream, and do a solo by rubbing testicles across the fret board. I like some slayer songs but elitists need to admit that they are not that great... they just made some
Heavy shit that not many bands had done before

fuck off pussy, slayer rules. not even the guy you responded to, dont care.

0-00-0-0-0- name that slayer song neckbeard lol lol they blow

go to bed cunt

I agree

It's 3:21pm and I am at work. You probably wouldn't know since you are in your momma's dark basement writing comments on YouTube and ultimate guitar proclaiming only slayer and sabbath are true metal

Destruction and Sodom...never really got into much of the other two

Never heard of them, they sound good...thanks user

>Metallica
I mean, duh, they are Metallica
>Slayer
Awesome, personal fav of big 4
>Megadeth
Don't listen too much
>Anthrax
Don't listen much but S.O.D. is one of my favorite thrash bands if that counts.

They're all part of the big four for a reason

There can only be one.
The rest is Pop-Metal garbage.

>more talented
Suck a dick, you fat faggot.

Anthrax and Megadeth, yes.
Metallica and Slayer, meh.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Lol sucks. Pop and slayer both have bad repatitive music that all sounds the same lol

These guys know what's up

Pantera is better than them all, but not considered the big 4 of thrash.

These fags suck and are gay lol maybe worse than slayer

Yea, their first lead singer was into all that glam shit for sure. Luckily Phil came through and saved the world

Megadeth is far better than them all in terms of musicianship and lyrics/song subjects. Mustaine has been a genius all throughout.

Best lineup was with Nick Menza and Marty Friedman. Youthanasia and Countdown were just brilliant.

I hear you man. Testament is the bestof the year in thrash but of the big 4 its still a toss up between Anthrax and Megadeth.

/end thread

Slayer is definitely the worst. It's for edgy faggots that are top stupid to realize that every song slayer makes sounds exactly the same

As someone who was into metal in the 80s I I rate anthrax especially fist full of metal and time, slayer and megadeth r 1 trick ponys, while metallicas first 4 albums are classics

The answer to that is the slayer discography, too easy

Fuck you all

This is the dumbest and most uneducated post in this whole thread.

Ha pantera first albums were hair metal

I bet the one on the right at the body of the one that got shot lol

yeah, but they got rid of that cancer quick

They have the same problem slayer has. Barky shit vocals and sloppy guitar. Pantera atleast mixes it up with shitty 80s love ballad choruses

Mainstream poser shit

Sloppy guitar? Now you're just trolling

eh...peace sells line-up was good too...there's some good work on there

toss out anthrax and add exodus, that is the REAL big four of thrash imo

Yeaahhhhh. Younger I used to think this. Then..."Hey Metallica. Would you like to make multi millions of dollars in publishing, licensing, product merchandise, concerts, etc. Or, stick to your traditional metal roots and tour small clubs and carnivals into your 50's?

Jesus fuck, what a dumb title track. lame.

I've been honored to be in the pit for Slayer and Anthrax twice in the last few years, once just a few months ago, and they've still got it. I actually only like Anthrax live, the mp3s don't do them justice. They embrace they're old sound and rock the hell out of it, mad props to them.

And a Slayer pit is an amazing place to be. Best times of my life were spent in that pit. Lamb of God is a very close second, but Slayer takes the cake on pits.

I saw Megadeth once. They were on after In Flames and Children of Bodom, I only really wanted to see those two, so I just left when Mustaine came out to avoid the traffic getting out of there. No regrets, Dave's voice blows.

And Metallica will always be the pioneers and the grandpa's of metal, but I just can't take James' vocals seriously anymore. This new album is better than anger and magnetic, but once he opens his mouth, the song just looses its badassery.

best mega albums are killing is my business, peace sells and rust in peace.

though i have to agree that rip era had the best line-up. Poland and Gar close second.

Cemetery gates had a awesome riff but the rest of the song was just crap filler. And cmon his playing as not clean at all

Are there 40-somethings moshing at the concerts?
yikes.

Why wouldn't there be? Takes a little longer to recover, but a 40 year old is not a fucking geriatric.

You have no idea what you're talking about, you idiot.

all four suck and are gay.
slayer's been fuck awful for about 10 years now.
metallica and megadeth have sucked for 20.
anthrax was never good.

I'm 28