Am i balding??

am i balding??

im 23 btw

Depends. Did you change anything about your hairstyle recently (within past 6 months).

yes

good luck

No

>using Sup Forums for advice

computer science

looks like your hairline is just started to recede, but its hard to tell from the picture

just a widows peak, most men have it. no need to worry. hair genetics come from your mothers side, not your fathers side. so if your moms dad is bald, then you can expect to be at some point in time.

bullshit

That's where it starts. 23? A little on the young side but you're still ok for a while.

You have that M hairline going on and the hairline itself is producing shit follicles causing it to behave like that.

You probably have another 4-6 years before you need to start considering options. When it starts to get bad and someone else other than yourself notices, do one of the following options:

1) Wear a hat all the time. Find a good one that fits your style. That's now your identity.

2) Buzz cut your hair really short or shave it completely AND work out a lot. Get buff, fit and muscular. Bald fit guys are still attractive to women. The Rock, Vin Diesel etc.

This is the route I'm going down because I'm 26 and the hair on the top of my head is considerably thinner than what's on the sides. No one noticed yet I'm just preparing. I haven't shaved my head yet but I'm working out a lot so when I do, I can pull it off. No one likes skinny bald guys or fat bald guys.

Really isn't. My dad/his dad/his dad all have had rather amazing hair and me and my brother are both bald as fuck same as my mums dad and his dad. Also hats etc do affect it but it is mainly genetics

>My dad/his dad/his dad
Wtf are you trying to say?

for real ?

oh god, tell me it's bullshit

Yes, you are already developing a widows peak. See those smaller thinner hairs right at the front of your hairline? They are terminal hairs, they are thinner because the follicle is shrinking, they used to be as thick as any other. You are very early on so taking Propecia tablets will have a great saving effect on you, preventing any future hair loss

eh...I started going bald at 24, shaved head at 30. It happens. You won't miss getting haircuts, or needing to carry a comb.

nope. sadly its true.

his father and grandfather on his dads side have great hair, but he and his brother are bald because it comes from his moms side. understand now?

the only one in my family being bald as far i could figur out is my grand-father in my mom's side.
source

it can skip generations, so you might be fine

Where did you learn that ? i need source.

Please.

My father's a creepy bald fat bastard. I'd rather die than turn out like him.

just google hair genetics, comes from x chromosome.

I'm balding at 24. My uncle is bald as fuck and my mom told me I was born with the same hair as said uncle. Not entirely sure what that means, but Im going bald where I want hair and growing hair where I want to be bald now. Think I got maybe 2-3 years left

yeah if your moms brothers are going bald, then you most likely will as well. genetics suck

Well only one is. The other older brother still had most of his up until 55

my hair is starting to thin at 23, and all of my moms side had great hair. her dad is 50% blackfoot indian, and died with a full head of jet black hair at 82.

Don't think I have a 50/50 shot though. I'm def balding.
Good news are that my childhood friends are balder than me now, not alone and not the worst. Feels a bit better at least

Yes! If you're asking yourself the question you are. Start on rogaine asap. I've already lost a half inch from my hairline because I "wasn't sure" whether or not it was happening.

yep, slowly but surely.

Damn. Dealt some shitty cards there. Maybe you get the George carlin special, just jet black.. That would be something

Receding hairline happens to basically everyone, you might also slowly be balding tho. You're 23, so I mean, it's not that bad.

This is a misconception. Genetics for hair loss come from both sides of the family. But even if both your grandfathers were bald, it doesn't necessarily mean you will be.

The biggest predictor of hair loss is thickness. If you grew up with naturally thick hair, chances are you'll hang on to it for quite awhile.

This is fucking grade 7 or 8 science we learned from x and y genes
People are asking if this is true are you fucking retarded?
Google you fucking smegmanites

Weird then since my hair was thick as fuck till around 18-19 then it all fell apart, rip hair