Why is everyone anti-college these days? Like what the fuck is there to do without college...

Why is everyone anti-college these days? Like what the fuck is there to do without college? You won't get far without a degree folks. Let me warn you.

too much work, money and stress, def not worth to have a office job.

dropped out at 14

Most college degrees won't get you very far, either.

Overrated i make more money on a food truck selling organic food and making craftbeer.

>Good Goy surround yourself with third worlders and communists for an expensive piece of paper.

No degree is better than a degree for some sort of social science or art.

I'd say all in all, it depends on what you want to do in life (when it comes to going to college or not).

Like, I was considering majoring in animation.

But, looking at the pros and cons, it'd be best to get a degree in like engineering or computer science to establish some sort of career while doing art/animations on the side.

>Degrees aren't worth what they used to be
>4 years, tens of thousands in debt
>Don't want to major in STEM or Marketing
>Most college kids work shitty desk jobs for mediocre pay
>Many ways to make money without a degree
>Other ways to get an education
But it's worth it to live with three other guys in a cramped apartment, right?

Name some of the ways then.

Honestly, I'm glad. There will be far less competition when I'm looking for a job with all these Liberals getting useless degrees or dropping out.

This. Nobody here can even name good alternatives.

too many people going to college, most of which aren't actually cut out for real shit like STEM, which leads to useless meme degrees

ROV pilot here I make $400/day highschool diploma.

Remember this as you pay off your student loan cancer for your humanities degree.

Plumber $50/hour and they pay $20 for an apprentice plumber. Not sexy but makes more than most with no debt to learn valuable skill that will always be around.

Doubt it. Food trucks don't go more than 50k a yr if you are lucky.

a basic AA is really recommenced for anything nowadays, its the BA that's not as popular.

Where are you from? I'm planning to apply for college to become a plumber in May. Can I ask you some questions? I'm up in Canada

If you get a good degree. Problem is that 95% of degrees are worthless in the real world and almost no one figures that out until they have graduated and have $100K in student loan debt.

troll bait 3/10

Lucky me because medical student here.

lel. yes go to school and college and become a good robot

because in the US, people are idiots are major in History or Pyschology, or "Women's Studies" (which shouldn't be a degree but different point)... so their earning power is 1/10th of what their degree costs... so people get salty that they're 100,000+ in debt with no way out b/c they majored in "English" and don't want to teach

Wait what? Maybe I phrased it wrong, it's 3:42 AM here. I meant, I'm planning to start a course called "Plumbing Techniques" for 2 semesters at a local college near me and then try and get an apprenticeship.

>No degree is better than a degree for some sort of social science or art

I really hope you're being sarcastic. Arts degrees are fucking worthless

Cuck

nobody wants to study engineering, computer science, veterinary science, etc... things that actual will earn you money... because they're academically difficult so they complain

Fuck yeah...

31 years old, ten years now as a Class I Railroad Conductor in CA. $40-$60/hour depending on your specific craft, making $100-$130K annually. Have high school diploma and a few semesters Jr college electives. Own my own home now as well... what is student debt? Lol...

Fuck you silly jew. Trying to jew me into not going to college.

Was the application process difficult? I'm pre-med and I just wanna know what I should expect/do to prepare.

you have a job that requires hard work and long hours, occasionally physical labor

americans don't do that silly boy

see &

Yeah but I bet you lonely without a wife.

There are plenty of routes to success without college, and there are plenty of routes to failure with college... With that said, even a 2-year certificate of completion from a community college will open FAR more doors for you than only a HSD/GED will... Welders, electricians, auto mechanics and body, etc. all pay decently, but you're gonna REALLY want that 2-year bullshit certificate if you wanna make anything more than minimum wage... However, 6 years and a Ph. D. in gender studies is gonna get you nowhere...

Really, it depends on the person, their skills, their upbringing, and their ambitions... Me, I chose college, after a good long stint in the general unskilled labor field...

>pic unrelated

Don't know about leaf land but sounds like a worthwhile class....down here the baby boomers are all old and retiring so lots of openings union and non union.

It's difficult until you get in. Most of it is clinical. What are you trying to get in for? That should say a lot.

2 year college you chose?

Yeah, hard work sitting on my ass playing phone games in a locomotive for 8 hours, 5 days a week... life is rough.

fine, you don't have a job that 20 year olds brag about to other fucking 20 year olds

> the system is broken, man

Hoping to specialize in interventional radiology. As for why, lost too many relaitves to cancer and I want to help more people win their fight.

For now. Highly considering continuing to a 4-year degree, granted I can work out the funding....

Thanks user, just wanted a second opinion

Don't get me wrong, I realize there are seriously fundamental flaws with the American work force mentality... it's funny, yeah I hired out at a younger than average with the railroad... now when new hires join in their early 30s and they see me, I ask them, where the heck they were 10 years earlier? Typical answer is either military, or some random dead end $10-$20/hour job... sad that they could have gotten a serious kick start to their professional careers at a much earlier age than they realized.

I think you might have read that wrong. I took it to mean that not having a degree is better than having a shitty art or social sciences degree.

>social science or art

10/10 fucking kek'd

because colleges valued on exclusivity, not whether they offer any real value, you can't state "you won't get far without a degree" without contention from many people who have become successful without attending uni

i quit that shit because it actually made it more difficult for me to learn what i wanted to and prepare for my career

i know just one person i went to school with who makes more emone than i do, he's 5 years my senior and pharmacist.

The bottom line is that people who are poised to do well will do well with or without college, it's just more likely that people with the required traits and positions to become successful are more likely to attend college, not that college makes them successful.

People who are too dumb to get what they need are dumb enough to convince themselves they don't need it.

>Bachelors of arts
>required for law school
>70k+ salary to start
>debt paid off very quickly

Feels good man

Its ok though you can just weed lawns or something around the neighbourhood I'm sure you'll move out someday

So, how'd you get started?

But the earning potential with those who have a degree is high compared to those who don't.

Stop trying to talk like Donald Trump you cuck. Didn't think anybody would notice? Pathetic.

I'm sure you will be a great plumber or car mechanic. But it's nice to come to some company and get a manager seat too. You won't have that without uni, user.

Sure there's ton of people without jobs after uni. That's all the Chads and furryvidya fags. Just study well, pick trade, economics or management, you will be fine.

and is it because they went to school or is it because people who go to school have what it takes to earn more in the first place?

i know plenty of poor stupid people with degrees, and they're all still poor and stupid.

okay but what's the point of "getting far" in life?

To have nice vacations, a nice home, etc.

The lack of reading comprehension is hilarious lmfao

You can be a plumber troy

Trades? Become an electrician or a machinist and join a union.

Why is this not a good idea? Better than getting a liberal arts degree, anyway...

Yea too bad this exact concept will fly directly over everyone's heads further solidifying the problem at large. Read the other replies to this.

but what if that stuff doesn't bring me happiness?

I mean. A little security shouldn't hurt.

Dude, Donald trump talked about plumbers and mechanics and how some students aren't cut out for college. You probably don't even go to college you fat delusional cuck. Seriously are you mental? Why are you people feeding this lunatic?

Going to trade school for autos. It's expected that within the next 10 years (or something like that) all the baby boomers are going to be retiring, opening up more jobs in the auto industry alone that would make us going to trade school a prime choice when it comes to hiring.