-17 faggot

it's -13 you moron

-17 uhhhhh freakin genius man.

>This
End of thread
Thank you for participating

its 2 you fucking retards

Trollin' no' workin'

top kek you blithering imbocile, its -17, prove me wrong.

>protip; you cant

>Trollin no' workin'
Same as you

it's incomprehensible without parentheses

On this day I realized humanity is truly fucked.

PEMDSA
+1

3 - 3 x 6 + 2
3 - (3 x 6) + 2
3 - 18 + 2
left to right, addition has no priority over subtraction
3 - 18 = -15
-15 + 2 = -13

fuck this thread

lel
>icanteven.png

the answer is made of numbers
numbers in our subjective reality can't show the proportions of op's faggotry

then why the fuck do schools drill you with BEDMAS/PEDMAS/PEMDAS?

Fucking bonobo.

17 let's check on google ...
fuck, google say -13

Answer.

(me)
Ho shit, you're right.
My apologies.

Put it in a calculator ffs.
Then learn the order of operations do this doesn't happen again.

3x6=18
3-18=-15
Adding to a negative is like subtracting from a positive. Adding Two to Negative Fifteen would make it *gasp* Negative Thirteen.

Pro Tip, don't drop out of third grade.

Idiot! There are no parentheses..... because you DON'T NEED any fucking parentheses to solve it!

1+1= this post end with 2

If you want to make the addition first you have to calculate (-18+2)=(-16)

Then you go 3-16=(-13). It doesnt matter what you take which one you calculate first

If this post end with something else than a 6 that mean i am alpha as fuck. :D

It's true, but the rule is, from left to right.

Assuming your calculator works that was.

without parantheses it amounts to -13

but how could we possibly know that that is the desired answer without proper term building and context

it's definitely at least 40

i hope people get this reference and don't call me retarded

Nope. You're retarded

But 3-3 = 0 and so that times 6 is also 0. Plus 2 just makes 2.

Update your math to follow the laws of logic pls.

I just don't understand why you are confused. You don't NEED a paranthes here, the rules of maths clearly states that you do the multiplication first, and then adding and subtr from left to right.

Multiplication prioritizes over.
You multiply BEFORE anything.
Then you do the remaining operation

But there is no logical reason to do so as far as i can see.

You, sir, are completely right.

Sincerely

>as far as i can see.

Then you haven't seen much.

That is a cop out answer. If you had an answer explaining it would be simple.

Flip those burgers dude.

Come up with something better than an ad hominem to cloak that you do not have a good answer.

You don't need to see. That's how it is done, no question why.
That's the first thing you ought to learn while first learning about multiplication and divisions (both prioritize).
If your teacher didn't tell you this, sue him/her

Lets rearrange it a little bit.

x = 3 - 3 * 6 + 2
x = 3 + 2 - 3 * 6
x = 5 - 3 * 6
x = 5 - 18
x = -13

If you're a retarded nigger and do left to right

x = 3 - 3 * 6 + 2
x = 0 * 6 + 2
x = 0 + 2
x = 2

Your typical Murican

x = 3 - 3 * 6 + 2
x = 3 - 3 * 18
x = 3 - 54
x = -51

Can you Tri-force?

Look at those two then...

Rt

They did. But i disagree with anything being as it is without a good reason. Im simply wondering. Why dont you just rephrase the equation so the multiplication is simply in front. There is no reason for the prioritizing law. Unless you have a good reason for it?

That is not an answer... You cannot answer my question to a comment by referring to that same comment that does not hold the answer. My question is why there is prioritizing.

The order of operations is literal 4th grade mathematics.

The order of operations might be pointlessly structured. Can you give me a reason as to why prioritizing is needed when you could simply put the multiplication part in the front of the equation?

Pro Tip: BODMAS

google.com.au/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=lkZJWO2XNfOQ8Qeo8rrgCA&gws_rd=ssl#q=calculator

Pro Tip: Check if you're right you chubby child and don't drop out of forth grade

lmgtfy.com/?q=3-3*6+2

You still don't get it, do you?
If you put it one way, it is supposed to be solved as it is.
If you change positions, it would make a completely different thing, to be solved that way.

It's easir to let you be an idiot, than to try to explain, You clearly just don't want to accept the mathematical rules that there are, so...... be happy in your piss-world.

If you disagree with simple math, because they don't fit to your conception of logic, then you're gonna have a hard time next.
Why would you do operation from left to right? And not from right to left? Is that because of how you write? Then, what about other language writing the other way? It's not more logical that anything.

try to solve this , so far nobody has got it right

Putting the multiplication in front simply demonstrates the order that it is supposed to be done in. The prioritizing is pointless.

FB fag go back to FB fags

I do not disagree with math. Im looking for an answer. As i opened "seemingly pointless". Can you give an answer. Or shall i mark you down with the rest as "defending something he does not understand".

3-3x6+2=
3-18+2
-15+2

It's so this exact situation doesn't occur, where everybody is interpreting the equation differently, and because solving grouped expressions is often easier than just going left to right.

Holy shit dude this isn't rocket science.

An order of priority had to be choosen.
It's as arbitrary as anything.
It's a rule to follow in order to have everybody got the same result for a same operation.
It even changed through time (other priorities chosen).
It's the norm now, but there's no real reason whatsoever.

But no one would interpret it differently if it was simply at the front. You have no objection as to changing the law to "put the multiplication par in front.". Its good to have rules to save confusion. How about we change them to be less confusing.

ill refer that to

I was wrong, there is no piss in your world. All the piss is in your head.
End of story.

You know those kinds of responses only paints you as the moron right? All that states is that you disagree with me, but you have no argument to present. That simply will not do in a secular society.

To understand how the Rules for the Order of Operations came about, one has to consider polynomial expressions in algebra. Look at the following polynomial function of degree 8 with coeffcients 17, 2, 1, 0, 0, 6, 0, 3, 4:

17x8+ 2x7+x6+ 6x3+ 3x+ 4;(1)

where x is any number. The notational simplicity of this expression must be obvious to one and all, and this simplicity is the result of a common agreement that what this expression really says is:

(17(x8)) + (2(x7)) + (x6)+(6(x3))+ (3x) + 4:(2)

To be precise, the symbolic notation in (1) is free of the annoying parentheses in (2) because the convention of performing the operations in the order indicated by the parentheses in (2) is universally accepted, namely, (A) exponents first, then multiplications, then additions.

To drive home the point, the sum 17x8+ 2x7 does not mean f[(17x)8+ 2]xg7; which would be the case if the operations were uniformly performed from left to right, but rather (17(x8)) + (2(x7)) as indicated in (2).

The rule of "multiplications before additions" may sound simple, but these three words contain more than meets the eye. Because we are in the realm of algebra, "division by a (nonzero) number c" is the same as "multiplication by 1c". Moreover, "minus c" is the same as "plus (-c)." Therefore if one rewrites what is in statement (A) above in the language of arithmetic, then one would have to expand it to:

(B) exponents first, then multiplications and divisions, then additions and subtractions.

(B) is seen to be exactly the same as the Rules for the Order of Operations. It is important to note that this stipulation about from "left to right" is entirely extraneous, because the associative laws of addition and multiplication ensure that it makes no difference whatsoever in what order the additions or multiplications are carried out.

This is why polynomials continue to be written as in expression (1).

Potato.

Yes, which is why I am not going to waste my time doing this simple math problem.

3-3=0
0x6=0
0+2 = 1
=1
i geniuse

Shake is 10.
Burger is 5.
Fries are 2.

10+10+10=30
10+5+5 = 20
5+2+2=9
5+2+10=17.

There are other possibilities with negative numbers, but that's the easiest solution.

This is such a cancer on FB, people keep falling on single item that was in a pair previously for 20th time.

Hey, stop trying to make us less stupid. It hurts my thinkmeat.

Nevermind. I see my mistake.

Final equation only has a single fry.

Therefore, 5+1+10=16.

-3x6=-18
3-18=-15
-15+2=-13

Some were taught that the pairs of multiplication/division can be read like a book (Thus -13)
Some were taught that they have to be in the exact order of PEMDAS/similar
(Hence -17)
And some didn't fare so well in school
(2 and others)
Problem solved.

even if you follow PEMDAS exactly the answer is still -13

But is it 3-(3x6)+2 or 3(-3x6)+2?

Because then it's either -13 or -52

How long are we going to wait for another

"Nevermind. I see my mistake."

Buddy?

P - none
E - none
M - 3x6 = 18
The equation is now 3-18+2
D - none
A - 18+2 = 20
The equation is now 3-20
S - 3-20 = -17

What he means is that some people were taught that Multiplication comes before division and addition comes before subtraction like in the PEMDAS notation, rather than in the order that they appear and sharing the same priority.

>why do we even math

-3x6=-18
-18+2=-16
3-16=-13

Forever?

16 is the correct answer.

-17 family

You're off by about 29 m8

You are tying the negative sign to the 18 when it is between the numbers in the equation of 3-(3*6), not the 18 itself. It should only stay in that part of the equation.

5+2x10=25

Algebra nerd about to check out, any questions before I go?

it equals dubs?

yes I am, because that's correct
there are no parentheses

It doesn't matter which way you do it, the answer would be the same. Your problem is that in 3-18+2, your prioritized 18+2=20. What you need to do is 3-18=-15. And then add 2.

When dealing with only addition and subtraction, you prioritize left to right.

5+1x10
5+10

M8.