Why is Disney fat shaming Polynesians?

Why is Disney fat shaming Polynesians?

yahoo.com/style/critics-are-calling-out-disney-1460766368210998.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Māui_(Hawaiian_mythology)
worldatlas.com/articles/29-most-obese-countries-in-the-world.html
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358371/American-Samoas-battle-obesity-95-cent-nation-declared-overweight.html
youtube.com/watch?v=f6WKfhj1lE0
youtube.com/watch?v=hszzs8BwqLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FREE MARKETING

seems legit.

All three men are steroid users, not exactly a representative sample pool.

And do they care about all the fat polonesians who now have a role model to look up too, why does it matter if the character is fat if he is proud of his image?

All three men are steroid users, not exactly a representative sample pool.

Recent research suggests that weight stigma precipitates weight gain and increased calorie intake as well as other psychological correlates, such as lower self-esteem and depression.

Samoans are some of the fattest people on earth

>Roman Reigns

LOL. And what the fuck, Rock's dad is black!

I refuse to believe that any Polynesians are mad about this.

1) they're way too chill
2) they're all fat as hell

>Roman Reigns
>hollywood

Roman has a belly too. He has to wrestle with a vest on to hide it.

>one character is fat
>for some reason this means every Polynesian is fat

not every character is a statement about a population, sometimes a character is just a character.

it would be just as dumb to say that if he was skinny they are making the statement that every Polynesian is skinny.

It's not racist to give characters negative attributes, it's realistic.

>Hollywood should use representative sample pools

Then they should stop hiring actors after they get thin or fit and only let them lead when they're beach balls.

If they made him skinny, people would just be complaining there were no fat characters.

Go find something else to complain about you hyper-sensitive faggots.

i'm from nz and can confirm that polynesians are fat fucks

>fat shaming
He's clearly strongfat. That is to say, actually built like the strongest men on earth; not Hollywood actors.

He's supposed to be a shapeshifting demigod, he can be as fat as he fucking wants.

That guy looks like could wrestle a great white shark and win. The fuck are they complaining about?

They do know the Polynesian man in the middle is voicing him right? He's ok with it, why should they be upset?

I also I think its clear he's supposed to be big cause he's strong not fat, maybe they don't like how he looks but nothing in the trailer was like "lol look at this fat guy!" he's supposed to be a god, he's strong.

>wall e
>every white person is morbidly obese

hey look it happened to us too guess you Kalua niggers can call off the race war now

Wat, I thought SJW's wanted more fat characters in movies and shows without being pushed as negative?

Agreed fellow kiwibro, let's shout these critics a holiday to Otara

I saw the screening event for Moana at annecy and let me tell you: that character looks fucking good, shaming polynesians my ass, his face has lots of expresivity, his tattoos are 2D animations, he's strong as 10 Rocks.

You wish you were that demigod, broseph.

No, people are fat shaming the character.

The character is based on an actual guy.

No idea who the dude on the left is, but the Rock and Drogo are for sure on steroids

why doesnt this clickbait shit ever have comments enabled

It's women making these claims. In general women don't know shit about muscle or fitness of any kind. Guys are the ones who know/care about the difference between strong, fat, and strongfat.

>two literally who's and the rock
>handsome

AS A WESTERN WHITE MALE I FIND THIS INCREDIBLY OFFENSIVE AND DEMAND THAT WE BOYCOTT DISNEY FOR THIS RACIST DEPICTION #BOYCOTTMICKEY

Idiots saying this aren't the problem. There are morons everywhere. The media are the problem for reporting trivial shit like this.

Is he just supposed to be generic Polynesian, or from Hawaii or Samoa?

Not giving him a distinct ethnicity seems like thee thing that people would be getting mad about, like with Aladdin.

Aside from that though isn't the Rock doing his voice? That's the guy in the middle of that picture no?

So what the hell they're "hot Polynesian man" is totally cool with it but they think they can say no this is wrong? Pretty ridiculous.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Māui_(Hawaiian_mythology)

1. Pacific Islanders are some of the fattest people on Earth

2. The Rock and Roman Reigns were born in America (not sure who the other guy is)

3. The Rock had titty surgery in 2003 because he was developing fatty man breasts

Polynesians that were raised in American and in some cases not even full Polynesian. They're obviously cherry picking too. 90% the Rock and Roman's relatives are fucking huge dudes. They're the outliers.

Apparently he's not only from Hawaii, user, he's in the mythology of many other islands.

So he's supposed to be the Hawaiian Superman?

I always figured from his build and tattoos that he was supposed to be Samoan.

>Reigns
>hollywood
Did I miss something?

>critics/sjws not considering he's fat which means even when people shame him, he doesn't let it get to him

Get a fucking spine you pussy willows.

iknowrite?

Miz>Reigns

>It's simple...we eat the iRex.

From what they told us at the Annecy screening, he's supposed to be a legend from all around the Polynesia, changing from total hero to trickster/hero depending on the place.

I'm 100% sure it's not only based on Hawaii by any means.

I don't think I've ever seen a Polynesian in real life that wasn't obese, including their children

In the same trailer there are other characters showed, they aren't all fat.
Another non-issue blew up by the media.

Who is Rikishi?

Samoans are extremely fat, many polynesians are, we have huge family dinners several times a year, food is a big part of the culture and you eat a lot of it. People like the Rock and the other guys in that image are extremely rare. And would these people call the character fat and ugly if it was a female instead? Or would they applaude the studio instead?

I honestly thought that was all muscle not fat. Am I the only one that thought that?

I'd still fuck her
Also leave Chris Phat alone!

worldatlas.com/articles/29-most-obese-countries-in-the-world.html

Hmmmm. I wonder why they made him obese.

Most Hawaiians aren't obese, and many are actually really attractive. It used to be considered a sign of wealth and nobility in Hawaiian culture to be obese, but it's not the norm.

polynesian/pacific islander is the largest distributed ethnicity in the world. Anthropologists agree they pretty much invented navigation by stars back when everyone else was busy re-inhabiting Europe and Asia. All of Polynesia is pretty much one cultural continuum.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358371/American-Samoas-battle-obesity-95-cent-nation-declared-overweight.html

>95% obese

Huh, I wonder why they'd depict a polynesian as fat.

>mfw people think he's fat when he's clearly just cultivating mass

nzfag here.

can also confirm that polynesians are fat fucks. polynesian families have been known to put buffet style restaurants out of business.

christ the woman isn't fat and the rock character is just builtfat, and what the fuck happened to fat acceptance. Whatever, I would actually be glad about this controversy if it hurt disney in any way which it won't

He has a good, interesting design.

When you put him side by side with other characters in the movie you can also tell that he's not all the way there on the human side, he's kinda massive. The rest of the people shown in the movie are way more fit than actual polynesians, I'd bet.

Polynesians are thick af.

youtube.com/watch?v=f6WKfhj1lE0

where was the controversy here?

Steroids don't make you thin

it's true. Even fucking Somoans know this. I literally saw a dude wearing some fucking Polynesian clothing line and apparently their mascot is a silhouette of a dude with triple neck-back chin. I can't find the picture but I swear to God, these people are proud of their fatness.

It was like that in pretty much every culture in the world, because it used to be that only rich people could get fat.

These days being fat is a sign of being poor and stupid.

They do tho

Or at least, significantly increase your fat burn percentage, instead of muscle

God pacific islanders are the most eternally assblasted race in existence. Not even niggers are this sensitive.

Chris Pratt went from being a chubby 2-bit actor in a TV show to a cut A-lister. He literally does not need some NEET defending him online. He's fucking supermodels, right now.

>eternally assblasted
>live in literal paradise and are know for being laid back as fuck

What are you on about now?

i never even considered the character as fat until i saw this thread. thought he was just some big fucker. whatevs.

It's white suburbanite womyn getting offended, as per usual.

>paradise

all the good land is full of hotels and tourist shit. The actual natives live on the crap land

also everything is expensive because they live on an island and have to import everything

>roman reins
>hollywood
Bit of a stretch

I'm guessing the "leave ______ alone !" Meme is a little before your time.
And Pratt is probably fuckin his wife right now, considering his strong family values.

>According to New Zealand politician Jenny Salesa, the body shape of Maui is cause for concern.
>New Zealand politician

oh, for fuck's sake, this country is so embarrassing.

I grew up in Hawaii, and while everything you said is true, it's still paradise, unless maybe you live in some Honolulu ghetto.

>hawaiian people don't live on beach front property so it must be crap land

Only 1% of people live right on the ocean.

I'm guessing a white person made this image right? Do they know that Samoan men are big as fuck?

I can pretty much guarantee you that there are about five actual Polynesians who give a fuck about this

that fucking hairline is for concern.

she looks like a boring fuck.

Retarded tumblr whales don't know what strongfat looks like. This dude has magic powers, but even without them he'll fuck your shit up.

have you seen Hawaiians in real life? The obesity epidemic is far worse among native Americans.

Native Americans are the original niggers. They were in the ghetto way before niggers were. It's no surprise they have terrible health.

>So he's supposed to be the Hawaiian Superman?

Exactly.

I'll be slightly pissed if this song isn't in the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=hszzs8BwqLc

>do a film about one of the smallest populations on Earth
>people still complain

I'm going to have a good laugh when he knocks out Lesnar.

I don't get what the problem is if he's literally supposed to be a strong god character. Of course he's going to eat a big boy portion of poi and not give a fuck what anybody thinks.

Reminder al Pacific islanders get fat because they were supposed to starve in the winter and fatten up in summer. I'd hate it if my metabolism was like that

Of course not. It's patronizing white people who are getting offended on their behalf.

I live in south auckland and Disney's pretty accurate

Fucking this. How stupid is the internet (this board included) in continuing to further this irrelevant shit under the pretense of having their SJW/Anti-SJW circlejerk.
AND THEY'RE DOING IT FOR FREE!
Morons.

Reminder that next to maybe Eddie Aikau this guy is considered one of the top heroes and cultural treasures to modern Hawaiians.

Screencapped

You'll be wrong

it was actually a polynesian woman making the complaint.

His grandfather was from Samoa (he's also in You Only Live Twice and fights James Bond).

pretty much this

>His grandfather was from Samoa

all niggers are the same.

Polynesians are chill as fuck, it's white and blacks who are getting mad about this.

This. I imagine most actual Pacific Islanders watching this and going [*in pidgen*] "ha ha! dat fat fukka look jus like my cuisine keole!"

Racism can be construed from basically anything if someone is looking for examples of racism. If Disney were to somehow downplay the existence of the character in the OP, another Polynesian could look at that and conclude that the racists at Disney are trying to ignore the existence of Polynesians. Is it any wonder that racism appears to be everywhere when this is your world?

We need to begin by smashing the premise: The fact that you feel that you're being discriminated against and can build some scenario in your head that involves racism does not make it true, or even tip the scales in favor of it being true. You cannot see into the heads of the people around you. "Listen and believe" is robbing the target that you're accusing of anything resembling a voice. This is why the only fair, non-hypocritical way to approach the problem of racism is with objectivity and evidence.

Of course, that would basically destroy all of the foundations of the far left establishment, who rely on running from objectivity to keep building their power. People who aren't scared and ignorant also aren't as profitable as those who are, which is a big concern for these profit-oriented public speakers and article writers who drive the far left. That's why they're never going to leave of their own free will, and why we need to throw them out by force.

>3 Hottest men in Hollywood
You mean The Rock and his two nobody cousins?

Maybe Moana gets a boyfriend that represents those 3 dudes.

It's Disney tradition to have a big bellied, comedic relief sidekick. This movie is only an issue because it's already a stereotype that Pacific Islanders look like that.