Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MStmrPtlnR0
youtube.com/watch?v=S1HyOz-y8UI
frankmontag.com/editors.htm
youtu.be/37ECJWbHjoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7CrSdJPZLss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

thinline tele is the perfect guitar

logically speaking its .10 - .46 due to the wider availability and economic advantages of such. For standard tuning it is the standard. Though what you're asking is a rather stupid question as its down to personal preference and outside requirements such as tuning.

punk music is the most physically difficult genre of music to play on the guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=MStmrPtlnR0

>it is literally impossible to argue otherwise

e|----------1--------------------------|
B|---------1------3------------------|
G|---------1-----2------------------|
D|---------1-------3--------------|
A|---------1-------------------|
E|---------------------------|
Could someone please tell me what this chord is called? Hopefully this comes out right

thats an a major variant that appears to be barred a half step up

why does it matter what its called may i ask?

Just curious

youtube.com/watch?v=S1HyOz-y8UI
Does anyone have a tab for this? The only ones I've found are incomplete.

Bbmaj7 fampai

Yeah, I kind confirmed it in a party last weekend.

thank you

1st chord is Bb9sus4
2nd chord is F6

The chord that you tried to write but fucked up is a Bbmaj7

Yup its bbmaj7. Was supposed to be one chord

I'm not a guitarist, but I dabbled when I was younger. I'm doing an experimental project with a buddy that requires only power chords.

What tuning, for the first three strings, can I use for the widest variety of power chords?

I'm guessing you mean the bottom three strings

DAD

that's a tuning, I'm not calling you dad

eb seems to be standard for rock, I'm talking out my ass so i'm not entirely sure what has the widest variety

any old dropped tuning. what genre?

try messing around with DADGAD or Open D

Post your's
Other user's judge the person's favorite genre and personality

>his guitar isnt a sword

might buy this

CGDGBE

it will blow your mind my dude

>a 43 year old uncle bought that for 5000 to play at his 16 year old nephews birthday party thinking it would make them laugh

EBEBEB

just bar every string and strum

>7 strings

metal fag

I thought that pointy headstock or gaudy body design would've given it away first

>Being this ignorant
I guess you've never played one because of your little "hands" right?

You're a mature Djent babby

Prog Metal/Rocker who secretly listens to the beatles

Spot on my man.

you seem to be missing some knobs there m8

frankmontag.com/editors.htm

post your custom
pic related mine

>Believing the Jewish tone knob agenda

why have an s-sized humbucker on a custom guitar? aren't they just a compromise for not having to change out the pickguard/routing on an existing guitar?

How long do you think it would take to regret the gold hardware/pickups?

Late-20's, possibly bi-sexual, definitely liberal, has greater than 5 beanies

You don't get laid, probably tried guitar but it was too hard

You write totally "experimental" music too make up for the fact you have no technical guitar skills

>active pickups
>experimental
I play metal m8

>so big of a pleb that he never uses tone knobs
God damn janglecucks and mealfags

it looked good

You have a car that is less than 30,000 dollars with custom paint and rims

gg
such a boring samefag circlejerk as usual

>Late-20's
yes

>possibly bi-sexual
i wish

>definitely liberal
libertarian idiot, not too far off

>has greater than 5 beanies
yes actually

not bad

I mean't socially so same thing pretty much

>car that is less than 30,000 dollars
yes
>with custom paint and rims
Nope

Fuck off pete

then post a sweet guitar or a clyp or something. fuck, even a youtube link.

The Halo guitar shit threads are the fucking best fuck off, It's either cool designs or funny as hell meme machines.

Yo you get the best tone out of Marshall Code Combos. Never gotta buy a pedal again

Guaranteed samefag Pete/Roman

duly noted

When do you change out strings? Also which strings do you buy? I'm thinking regular Ernie Ball 9-42

Post rigs

I either change them when I want after they rust to hell or a string breaks. Usually 9-42 Ernie Ball

Does having 50-110 strings on my bass put the neck at risk for bowing? It's not been setup for heavier gauges.

Also post circlejerk

When one breaks or before a show. Which is generally once or twice a month. D'Addario 11-49

are you downtuning?
if so, then it might need only a little adjustment
if not, then your neck is probably a goddamn bow

something with death metal influence but not regular death metal
"prog" metal
Whatever kind of music twinks listen to
pop rock with semi-intricate guitar parts but nothing too flashy
No idea, it's just ugly as fuck
solo artist shredder

From 1 to 10 how hard is this song actually?

youtu.be/37ECJWbHjoQ

This or a rickenbacker 360 desu

Is half-step down okay?
I don't want to go back to guitar center to get new strings put on a month after getting these ones put on

I play daddario nyxl 10-52 on the 6s and 09-80 on the 8 strings
I change from monthly to weekly, depending how much I play

4 until the middle mark then it skyrockets to an 8

A month? How often do you change your strings?

I tried out flatwounds for a minute but didn't like them, figured I'd try out a heavier gauge but hadn't considered the bowing

A 4? FUCK I've been playing for 2 years and i can't play up until the second solo

People your age think your a fucking loser creep, probably wear a fedora or some other meme hat, but you have a group of 40-50+ men who you get together to jam with and they accept you but talk shit about you behind your back

ehh I'd still take a look at the neck relief and the action just to be sure
not that big a deal, but it will save possible long term neck warping if you just ignore it

Is caged the best way to learn scales

>2 years
well no shit, most people can barely play the pentatonic scale at that point

anyways its slow tempo, the only real scary part is the sweeps but they are only three or 4 strings so it's not even hard.

nice meme m8

Thamk

so jeejee, ive been playing for a good bit over a year. i can play pentatonic, harmonic minor, some mixolydian, and with decent fluidity. where should i be? am i on track? thanks breaus!!!!!! lol keep rawkin out haha!!!!!!!!!!!!#

h-harmonic minorz? m-mixowydian? I never heards of my ole boy Jimi usin dat scale. Betta just forget dem ole devil scales and make room for those HOT LICKS. Rawk on brutha

but 4 string

redpill me on short scale bass guitars

I always laugh when I see some dumb 19 year old buying a guitar. It's like why, you dumb fuck? Why waste your time and money? You don't know guitar based music is deader than horse shit? What the fuck do you think's going to happen? Why do you think everybody in their late 20s and early 30s stops playing in bands? Go take a look at the lineups of all the popular music festivals these days. What's the average age of most of those bands? Why do you think that is? I'll tell you why: because being poor as shit is only fun when you're a stupid ass kid. Just as soon as your peer group moves on to adult pursuits you look fucking retarded playing the "cool kid who plays in a band". Trust me, when all your family and friends have stable jobs, kids, and nice houses your "artistic poverty" playing shitshows out of an old dilapidated rust covered van won't measure up anymore. It's like.. think about what your doing, you dumb little shit. What are you trying to achieve? Do you really think you'll be one of the lucky few who'll wins the lottery and has a successful career in music? I mean, really? Do you really think you're talented and smart enough to succeed in the music industry? Are you fucking stupid?

And don't give me all that "I do it for myself" bullshit either. lol, no fuck you don't. You're doing it in the hopes that one day it'll garner you some peer recognition, you're hoping it'll help you climb up socially one day. You do it because you're a fucking loser who wants to desperately escape the societal pecking order you feel has marginalized you. Name a famous guitarist who started off wealthy. Oh, you can't? That's who you think you are, loser. You want that same success and you know it. Only problem with your plan is noone cares because guitar music doesn't matter anymore

Go to school, get a real job, and stop wasting your time trying to score "cool points" with other impressionable moron kids like you. You ain't gonna make it, you fucking idiot

Get a fucking clue

are... are you okay?

youtube.com/watch?v=7CrSdJPZLss

what can i use to get the kind of sound the guy at 1:37 has?

>if its not popular its not good

Cant beat this

im pretty sure this is pasta but if not

what is: taking up an instrument for fun?

How is "never being better than mediocre" considered fun?

i know this might be hard to believe but some people enjoy playing music solely because they love playing music.

i have a hard time understanding people who want to play music just to be better than the people around them and that's it.

oy gevalt

you'll never know the feeling of playing acoustic on your porch alone for no one, having a blast. Or opening for one of your favorite bands to a packed house. Because your attitude is too pessimistic. I feel bad for you.

Would a pair of JBL LSR308 handle both bass and guitar for practice volumes? I really want to get the juice out of Guitar rig

Their Dragon Dildo body was the worst. I guess they don't offer it anymore

Did I touch a nerve? You're assuming too much by thinking I see music as a competition. I don't, but what do you do? Probably nothing more complex than playing around with scales or a pedal board, it's no more than doing the same crossword puzzle over and over.

>you'll never know the feeling of playing acoustic
You're right, I'm not a faggot
>on your porch alone
You're right, I'm not a loner who can't relate to people. People actually come over to my house without fear of getting locked into my basement rape room.

Near-field monitors are not going to be able to compete with a drummer. If you want to use guitar-rig like that, you should get a PA system and hook it up to that

>downpicking everything
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nope