How can the human race stop or reverse manmade global warming/cooling caused by burning fossil fuels?

how can the human race stop or reverse manmade global warming/cooling caused by burning fossil fuels?

Other urls found in this thread:

climatecentral.org/news/world-passes-400-ppm-threshold-permanently-20738
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

burn jews instead

Time travel

I, milqtoast Mustang Mike, frown upon this thread and all who jerk their wanks.

Rub oil on me

>manmade global warming/cooling

you mean what real men used to call the fucking weather?

you can't faggot, you just dress for it.

It's going to be 100 times harder now that Trump is going to be president.

Coal, baby! Burn, burn, burn! Ching, ching, ching!

You don't.

Working together and leaving the personal interests to solve all or social problems and use our resources to develop sustainable "clean" energy.

We can't. We passed the point of no return around the late 80s / early 90s. Our only hope now is to build our economy as aggressively as possible and use the funds to adapt to the new normal. China is already doing it while the Western world sticks its head in the sand.

Pure fiction. The weather goes through cycles. None of the alarmist predictions have come true. None of the climate trends from the last 40 years fit the model. The world has been warming than it is now in the past few hundred years and colder as well. This is all a statist /Marxist power grab and it depends on ignorant dupes like yourself.

Just wait for the next Ice Age
we get one every 10,000 years and its been nearly 10,000 since the last

By giving hundreds of millions of dollars to developing countries, like Africa, to create alternate energy innovations and solutions.

I see all the shills in Congress (and elsewhere) who are lavishly paid by the oil companies have had the desired effect on you.

Step 1: Stop burning fossil fuels
There is no step 2

>The weather goes through cycles

Thank you demonstrating how poorly informed you are on anything related to this topic

We can't. We are doomed.

Not possible. I mean theoretical possible but in real life it is in fact not possible.

It's too late.

We are going to go extinct. Electing Trump is proof of this.

The next 200 years will be the systematic plundering and rape of the Earth and society until you're either eliminated or learn how to become an Exploiter yourself.

AGW is real, but it's not what it's presented to be. CO2 does cause warming, but that warming is logarithmic, not exponential. For each doubling of atmospheric CO2, we will see 1.65 degrees C of warming, eventually. So, with the diminishing returns on warming per PPM of CO2, we will never see runaway global warming. It's not physically possible. Consider this:
>most of the history of Earth had CO2 in the thousands of PPM
>most of the history of Earth was only slightly warmer
>half of the history of Earth had life similar to what we have now
Mammals existed and thrived when there was 3000 PPM of CO2. And we are not capable of creating even these high concentrations of CO2, even if we burned every bit of fossil fuel in existence.

So, can we reverse the warming that we've seen? Sure, by cutting emissions and creating carbon sinks. But there's no reason to. We should focus instead on farm runoff that's killing ocean life in droves, and any types of dangerous emissions that cause epidemic levels of asthma and such. You know, things with proven causal relationships and disastrous results.

they already have working co2 pumps. so just make more of those.

Stop burning hydrocarbons
Carbon scrubbers

This shows how we don't give a shit about our owb extinction.
I hope AI gets developed and spreads life throughout the universe,.

>durr libs r still rong about global warming
faggot

that guy has nothing to do with this thread
stop being a faggot

>durr libs
Who said anything about liberals? Or politics at all? I'm a liberal. I'm just also a scientist.

wedgewood_facepalm.png

Good. Maybe you belong in a gulag.

This, its fact. Its too late, if we turned it around 100 percent completely, right now, NO BS from any countries we MIGHT have a chance. But the way things are going its over no matter what.

nope.
We crossed the non-return-point of carbon dioxyde 3 months ago. currently over 400 parts per million and will not come down. trump can fuck this up as much as he fucking wants now. its already over.

climatecentral.org/news/world-passes-400-ppm-threshold-permanently-20738

God I hate the liberals in my country

Because you are deliberately contradicting what 99% of science is saying. You are not the expert here, they are, and they have made their recommendations. You are trying to shift the problem to something that has nothing to do with climate change, and you're being a faggot.

why the fuck do you have that shit saved on your computer faggot

Because liberals are totally doing this

faggot

Who cares he's bumping the thread.

Me too bud.

stop posting that guy you autistic faggot fuck

For Travis threads.

fuck you
the liberals in this country at least believe in climate change and are trying to do something about it

It is already too late. Welcome to the holocene.

Why do we want to?

Also the risky, untested means for removing carbon dioxide from our atmosphere will likely be the thing that destroys all life on this planet.

you are an autistic
faggot fuck
rape yourself

faggot

Kek

>driving less cars is too risky

kek

GODDAMMIT STOP SPAMMING THIS THREAD YOU AUTISTIC FAGGOT FUCK
FUCK YOU

do you fap to that shit?

kek

Step 1 kill all the white people (Asians too)

Step 2 with all white people gone, in a few generations the Troglodyte races will have forgotten how to extract, refine and use fossil fuels.

Step 3 Things turn to normal

Step 4 Wait for Ice age

Step 5 With the Harsh environment of an ice age needing Higher Intelligence to plan and survive the people that don't fleet to the equator become white people again.

Step 6 This time don't fanny about trying to uplift them and finish the job of killing the Troggs and jungle people.

Step 7 ???

Step 8 Profit!

Make me

>Step 7 ???

fap hard to Maisie's tight body

so that's a yes
you imagine that fat fuck nuzzling your tiny cock
who knew?

From the fact we're all still alive yeah I'd say we CAN but we won't because there's far too much money in it and almost everyone has a petrol/diesel car, and I don't see them shelling out for a new one when the problem won't affect them in their lifetime.

Kek

white pine absorbs almost 100% of its growth rate in the first 20 years of its life
so if we grow massive forests of white pine
chop them down after 20 years
and bury all the trees in air tight vaults
then replant the forests for another cycle
we will remove carbon from the atmosphere
the only thing we really need to do is calculate the amount of carbon we put into the atmosphere and balance our forests to pull that much out every year

you are so incredibly austic user
kys
for the love of god

faggot

faggot

faggot

>and bury all the trees in air tight vaults

silly goy, them pines sound like a great sauce, we could sell them as green fuel!

>Because you are deliberately contradicting what 99% of science is saying.
Science does not function on consensus. There is no directory of scientists who were asked to submit opinions on AGW. And the studies that claim a 99% consensus are deeply flawed (Cook et al. in particular). There is no Senate of Science. One person can be right while the rest of the world can be wrong. And it has happened many times before.

>You are not the expert here
I am, I work in the field

>they are
Scientists work in specialization, and they tend to defer to the opinions of other scientists when not talking about their own specialization. Which allows educational institutions and politicians to basically determine what the "general scientific opinion" is. It is a bad cycle in any area of science that can be politicized.

>and they have made their recommendations
The IPCC made their recommendations. But they are not a scientific organization-- they are a political organization. And they are wrong.

>You are trying to shift the problem to something that has nothing to do with climate change
No, I'm pointing out the inherent problems in the bullshit narrative about CO2. Guy Callendar's model is still virtually unimproved, which shows that the relationship between CO2 and warming is logarithmic. No other model has made more accurate predictions, and no other model can accurately predict these relationships both far in the past (millions of years) and in the short term future (200 years).

It can't. The threshold for reversibility was that emissions had to peak in 2015 and start going down.

We're fucked.

OR MARIJUANA!

>they are a political organization. And they are wrong.

haha no

you are

science is not saying any of the shit you're posting here
some lib must have schooled your fucking ass

Pine trees need acidic soils that drain freely irrc. Sad part about this is we are killing off more soil through agriculture which means lesd space for trees and yes agriculture.

People always harp on about cutting down trees and co2 emissions but its bollocks. Humanity is going to run out of fertile soil before it runs out of air. No one gives a fuck about soil.

>/late night arb rant

faggot

We put fucking solar panels on everyone\s roof to make room on our existing electrical grid for everyone to have a fucking electric car. We stop burning coal and we leave the rest of the fucking oil IN THE FUCKING GROUND!!!

If there were more people trying to make the solar energy reliable we could be saved.