Going to purchase my first gun this weekend . I will be attending a gunshow for the first time to do so...

Going to purchase my first gun this weekend . I will be attending a gunshow for the first time to do so. I'm going to have a small budget of $500-600. I want a home/car defense weapon. My home was recently burglarized so I'm thinking it best to get a hand gun considering my home is prone to robbery and wouldn't feel good about leaving one there while I work.

I know my budget is low but I need to get one asap because my sense of security has been truly shaken by the recent break in. I hate the feeling . What guns should I be looking for this weekend? I'm leaning towards 9mm for less recoil and price but I really only have shot 40's that my friends have.

what's the middle price in murika for a gun , like colt 45 or beretta 92? you say 500-600$ is not so much , and as a french , i didnt know how much cost a gun (exept on the onionland ofc )

Gun forums exist. Why are you on Sup Forums with this question?

Glock 19, FN FNX, Beretta 92, S&W M&P. Get whatever fits the best.

Go with a smith and Wesson m&p 9mm. It should be right around 500$.

500 is a good starting point. Clocks average around 550, 1911s can go from 450 for cheap shit up to 3500 dollars for Gucci tier stuff. Beretta 92fs between 500 and 600.

Faggot
BE A MAN, USE YOUR HAND.

Just get a used 9mm Glock. Not fancy, but gets the job done.

And mags and ammo for it are very common, so when the SHTF in America (which it will), you'll be able to find extra mags and ammo with ease.

If you can find one, SigSauer SP2022 is my carry gun, I love it.

why are you here and not on /k/

9mm is good but if you want to conceal it get something thin with like a single stack mag or if you just want something cheapish with decent stoping power .38 special would work

(this is your first gun a revolver is a decent starter)

most important thing is to get somthing that your comfortable with and suits your needs get a few boxs of ammo (doesnt have to all be at once) and put in a couple of hours range time with it also get used to dcoa'ing it

okay , seem quite expensive (but affordable) . a friend of mine have found an ak-47 for 250€ in algeria , but i know it's not really the same thing.

Thanks for the replies. I've been thinking the m&p good to see it recommended

HK VP9, shoots more accurately than a Glock and feels better in the hand.

It said my IP was banned or some shit. Even though I've never posted inn it before

Your budget is enough to get a 9mm Glock 19 gen 3/4

Literally the best possible handgun for a complete noob.

What makes it so good?

size and reliability. Its a workhorse type.

you mean like /k/

You don't happen to be going to the gun show in Medina, Ohio, are you?

Nah . I'm in the south .

How's the recoil ?

This guy knows what's up. Hk is good. De-cocker on hks are super nice. The slide is super easy to pull back

Couldn't post on there. Said my IP was blocked or some shit

It is reasonable and manageable but ergonomics could be better out of the box.

How does that work? Don't know about guns but don't you have to wait 72 hours for paperwork? You have to go to the gun show, wait 3 days, then go back?

My favorite gun as well. Great stock trigger pull as is.

glock 19

go to a range and rent some to feel what works best

go to /k/

also get a S&W Governor

Nah you can buy one here no regulations at all. Background checks aren't even required. However the gun show I'm going to does require background checks

not all states have those nonsense wait limits and shit

feels good not living in libtard states with fucked up gun laws

Springfield XD

EAA Witness made by Tangfolio in .45 ACP.

Classic, Italian made, Czech and Browning design.

Hard to go wrong here

Don't let anyone convince you into a Glock. It's true, they're work horses, but they don't have a safety, which for a first time gun buyer might be a little treacherous unless you wanna invest in a really good duty holster. That being said, i agree with the guy on the Wesson M&P

This is good advice.

I would go to a range where you could rent both n Glock 19 or Smith & Wesson M&P9.

Run enough rounds through each of them going back and forth between the two, and buy which ever feels the best and is most accurate for you.

I own both of these and have run both in competitions. I appreciate each one and use them for different purposes, but I'm more consistently accurate with the M&P. You may be more consistent with the Glock.

I most often carry the Glock or my Kahr.

Glock and Kahr pictured.

Here's the M&P next to my primary.

I didn't even know that was a possibility. Unfortunately I'm not going to have time to do that so I guess I'll do a hand test and go from there . My gut says m&p because the m&p shield 40 I shot a week ago was pretty nice

You can pick up a Norinco 1911 clone for fairly cheap and .45ACP is going to stop any mother fucker really quick.

If you want something that is a little more reliable go for a revolver, .38 snub would get the job done, since their is no spring magazine with a revolver their is less of a chance for the magazine to jam/fail if it sits loaded for a while. The springs on a magazine fed firearm can jam if they sit for a while loaded.

You can't go wrong with that decision. The M&P grip just fits my hand better.

Glock in the caliber of your choice. My first pistol was a Glock 19, and it's still one of my favorites in my arsenal. If you're looking used, look for a Gen 3 Glock 19. (Gen 4 will say so on the slide. They had spring issues early on, so I would be wary about buying a used Gen 4 unless you can be sure it is one of the redesigns.)

If you get a Glock 19 get a Hogue Handall for it. Fit's my hand PERFECTLY. Like a glove.

Walther PPQ is my choice, the trigger is incredible.
S&W shield if you want smaller. I highly recommend an apex trigger.
Not a big fan of my baretta 92fs but it looks cool.

Don't get a Norinco. If you want a cheap workhorse 1911, get a Rock Island Armory. Great quality for the price. Several thousand shots through mine and have yet to have a single hiccup of any kind.

1911's are hard to come by in Canada, Norinco and Colt is all we got fam and as much as I would love to shell out $1,800 for the real thing the Norinco is affordable for my poor ass. I will have to check out RIA though.

Damn, that's unfortunate. Definitely check out a RIA if you can.

I'm going to go to a gun show on Saturday. I don't think I'm gonna buy anything though

Buy a katana, Musashi is a good budget brand for beginners they start at 60 dollars but if your not a kike you should pick there 1060 carbon steel beaters for 120,huge difference in quality. Don't worry about styles,best way for practice is to cut water bottles and jugs,focus on your edge allainment first, then you can start studying techniques,
>I suggest hiten mitsurugi ,very efficient style
Pic related, from the 1060 carbon steel line, very nice blade for the price

glock 19

Jericho 941 all day

My personal choice is the Beretta 92fs you could find a used for about $400-$500 or if you find that one too big anything Ruger, Colt, Sig or S&W will do id also suggest a 9mm for your first gun. I love .45's but 9mm is just better for a first gun. The ammo is cheap, has little recoil and I prefer having more rounds as opposed to a bigger bullet. If you ever need to pull it out it's going to be stressful and your more than likely going to miss a couple of shots if it's more than a couple of meters so having more rounds is IMO much more important.

Thanks I'm going to save that as a guide !

seconding this. get a 92a1 so you can put a tacticool light and/or laser on it.

Get a ruger LCR, if you want painful power get the .357 model that bitch will hurt to shoot if you put full load .357 in that little bees nest. But it will fire +P and .38 special no problem finding cheap ranger rounds, also if you can get the laser grip do it! Also super light weight and hammer less so nothing to snag on if you need to pull it from a pocket.

heres my little bit of advice
If you are looking to have less recoil (and better accuracy at farther distance) get the full size of any manufacturer you choose.
I hear everyone saying Glock 19, but I like the 17 because it a little bit heavier which cuts down on recoil a little bit, plus the barrel is longer which increases accuracy.
Same with the M&P, I would get the FS instead of the compact.
The only reason to get the compacts or subcompacts are if you are going to conceal carry the gun, which doesn't sound like you are.

For that price and non shit quality get a glock

9mm for a first gun is a mistake, especially with that budget.

The ideal weapon you want is a Ruger LCR, either a .38 special or .357.

If you want to splurge, still get that gun and get a grip laser (around $200-300).

5 for sure > 9mm for ccw.

Sincerely,
a /k/ommrad

If you want to save money,get the armscor m200 its very reliable work horse at a price that can't really be beaten at 250 USD maybe even 200 if your lucky. It's a revolver so I'd pretty straight forward to use and the size is perfect , small enough for easy carry,but still big enough to feel confident and threatening in the hand ( which lets be honest, that's what's ideally going to happen, scare your attacker) not too mention at 38special it has decent stopping power, look into hollow points. Al so if you still want some thing extra fur your home, you'll still have room in your budget for a decent shotgun. Getting two for the price of one, you can always get nicer guns later when you have actual experience and know what you want in firearm

oh and when or if you choose to hit a local range to try out some different pistols, ask if any of their rental guns are for sale. I got a used Glock 17 gen3 for 280 bucks, it came with 2 mags, the case and all the little bullshit brushes, loader and manual. The gun was just really dirty and had a few scratches on the slide that rubbed out, its a great gun for the cost.

a revolver is a good idea for someone who has never owned a gun before, but a semi auto is so much fun.
If the gun is going to sit in a drawer waiting for a bad guy to break in, a revolver does the job. A semi auto could fail to fire or fail to feed or have some other problem if its not cleaned.

GO TO /k/

Dude! FNX-45. You get a FULL 15 round magaine full of 45!

He said he's banned you faggot, some proxy tard probably shit posted using his ip

sometimes going to /k/ is like going to your mom and pop gun shop where the fat guy behind the counter is such a blow hard and know it all it makes you rage.
No thanks

A budget of $600 is actually really good and will get you a really good used gun depending on what you want

This. Anyone who says otherwise is providing shit advice.

Hmmmm

hate to say it, but most guys who HAVE to own a 45 or 40 are the same guys who HAVE to own a Bigfoot type pick up... know what I mean? :)

Seriously, gui. Just find what feels like is made for you. Find what quality of fit and finish is right for your mindset.

I would very much recommend 9MM. When you start to really get into shooting, you can make the decision if you want to go up in caliber or not. 9MM is cheap to shoot and will easily defend you.

Here are a few handguns to consider, all 9MM. I actually picked up the Beretta at a gun show for $320, total deal. They are incredibly smooth guns.

My full size M&P is a Pro Series. About $540 at a local gun shop brand new and my very near favorite behind the 34.

Glock 34, amazing fucking weapon system. You can't go wrong with any Glock. The 34 is expensive at over $660 most places.

Lastly, I carry a Shield. Night sights and Talon grips really improved it for me. S&W is putting out amazing quality lately.

Anything Glock, S&W, HK, FN, CZ, is going to be great quality and reliable.

I have shot a few 1911s, and while they are amazing to shoot, I can't get over the poor single stack capacity.

Also remember, dealers hate gun shows because they don't make any money on their shit. Haggle them and at a MINIMUM they should take any taxes off of your purchase price. Good luck.

Yeah but they are kinda ugly tho, I want something pretty like a 1911

this, shotgun is the best home defense weapon

why the snub nose? Hes not going to conceal carry. Snub nose just means it going to have increased recoil and he'll have problems acquiring the target for the second and third shot

Also, Murica.

>shotgun is the best home defense weapon
that is until you are trying to turn corners and get around object in the house and the long barrel fucks you over.
Most people who get shotguns for home defense are just going for the "scary effect"

1911's are nice. I just hate the low capacity mags...

And no. I'm not one of them. I drive a Nissan Rogue, and my favorite band is The Strokes. I'm just super paranoid about someone breaking into my house. So I keep one of these under my pillow...

Get this, anything else and your a fag

So buying used is reliable for the most part ? I'm definitely not above buying used , I actually prefer it to save money

You're joking right?
They sell pink guns now, maybe you can find one that's Galaxy colored (faggot)

Pick up one of these. Pietta 1851 Navy .44. Steel frame version, only. Fill the cylinder up completely with 777, forget the wad, and push in a .454" ball. Fucker kicks harder than a .44mag and the lead balls tear shit up. Fuckers won't know what hit em. If you want to put a hole from here to china, use slightly less powder and load the cylinder with 230gr conicals.

Xds 9mm 3.3

Buying used is fine, just check for basic function. Not much can break on a gun unless it's a HiPoint, has had thousands of rounds through it, or has been thoroughly abused or sat in a humid environment unoiled. Check for rust and check the rifling of the barrel. Rifling will be the biggest teller. And remember rifling wears from the center of the barrel out.

Forgot pic

Also the whole break in issue. I guess I could keep it in the trunk though

if your allowed to test fire the gun, yeah. Its hard to fuck a pistol over unless you really really try... or its a shitty Hi Point

Carrying a loaded long gun in a vehicle is illegal in most states, and if a gun isn't loaded and ready to go, it's useless in a defensive situation.

>Get whatever fits the best.
This

>rifling wears from the center of the barrel out.
why does it start from the center?

It's legal here I believe .( Tennessee ). Not sure about long guns though

Have you actually fired a gun? If the answer is no, go to a range.

Most ranges will have pretty cheap gun rentals. The one I go to is $12 to try all the guns I want, I just need to pay for ammo.

I was pretty much set on getting a glock 19. I knew I wanted something small enough to CC but also reliable. I knew immediately after putting a magazine threw it that it was too small, so I tried a glock 17 and that felt a little better.

After those I tried a Beretta 92fs. I knew right away that I liked the feeling of a metal gun over polymer, and I would be willing to sacrifice concealability for it. The recoil felt a lot better and I was more accurate with it.

Then I wanted to try something with a bigger round, so naturally I tried a Springfield 1911. By far the most fun gun I shot. Way bigger, so CCing wasn't really an option. .45acp was a lot more fun than 9mm but also a lot more expensive and a little more unruly.

I also tried a revolver with .38special and .44magnum. Also a lot of fun, and way easier to shoot at a range because you don't have to dick around with magazines.

Fun factor is going to be a factor here that you probably aren't considering. You say you want it for home defense, but we both know you're going to want to bring it to a range every now and then. While the Glocks were nice, they are the definition of pragmatism. Ultra reliable, no bullshit, does it job, not much else. Not much fun at a range. I REALLY recommend going to a range and actually shooting some guns first before you buy something. You'll know right away what feels good and have a much better idea of what sort of gun you'll want.

>live in country where you cant carry a gun without a justified reason
Ehhhhhhhhh

Awesome advice thanks

Google barrel harmonics.

Also, is glock a good first baby's weapon?

then get a good lawyer
because if the bad guy survives you are going to court

Glock 23 or glock 40

Glocks are guns for people who don't care about guns.

Taurus Judge public defender. A bit of a kick (not bad), but at least you won't have to worry about missing.

Solid advice, shoot first.

You are the faggot here