I just beat Dark Souls 3 today, and I picked up Dark souls 1. I will be starting it later today...

I just beat Dark Souls 3 today, and I picked up Dark souls 1. I will be starting it later today, and I know that it will have many differences.

Any advice? Thoughts? also general Dark Souls thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/522723
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

parying in dark souls 1 is much easier than dark souls 3, but ive played dark souls 1 for 600 hours while ive only played dark souls 3 for maybe 30. The bosses are easier in dark souls 1, it seams that everything is easier and that dark souls 3 was more challenging more hardern vetrans of the series

i am german so i cant spell properly, sorry for my english in advance

Really? I thought dark souls 3 was a cakewalk, beat most bosses without dying

3 combines the gameplay of 1 and bloodbourne and in pracice it didnt work well and was worse than both so prepare for much more refined gameplay though you might not like the slower less spammy pace. Not that 3 was terrible for what it was i guess

I enjoy taking things slow in 3, and was disapointed by the level design in many places
looking forward to more "refined " gameplay

Died a lot to some bosses, but hey, first DS game

I've heard 1 is really tricky for new players, should be fun

get demon souls , never come back to /b

Thanks, I am terrible at parrying in 3, maybe things will go better this time

yea, i guess its just because parrying is harder

Dark souls 1 is great.
No idea why you would play the third game in a series before playing the first one though, that's retarded.
As for advice, endurance is OP, don't go into the catacombs before getting a divine weapon, and the final boss can be parried. GLHF!

pure would have been a better word than refined

Only played 2 and 3 myself, need to get the 1st to feel like I completed the series so far.
Literally never parried and didn't bother, since before playing either one I was playing Bloodborne.

My dodgerolls were spot on the whole time playing DarkSouls2+3.

DarkSouls2 felt more challenging, since the enemies were more humansized most of the time and moved more, and the world seemed much bigger.

DarkSouls3 shat on Poise and promoted quick builds offline with some exceptions.

I haaaated the catacombs and Cathedral areas since faggot maggots inflicted bleed so much and those fucking jailkeepers screaming at you and sapping HP so fast.

Estus options were so cash though.

Res is a useless stat

Play Demon's Souls you fag, pathetic excuse for a gamer.

do these games have coop multiplayer?

im one of those add fags that has difficulty concentrating when there aren't other people to play with

make sure to fight the assbag by in the fire in firelink shrine asap
100% worth it

Get the ninja ring. It's worth it. Also, Zweihander.
Also, priase the sun

this

You can play coop. But you're a faggot if you do it before you've beaten the game at least once.

Dark Souls 1 is far more difficult than Dark Souls 3, and if it isnt, let me just note that it is far more time consuming mainly because you cannot fast travel until the second half of the game.

3 was a joke. A bonfire matter every 50 steps.

im a faggot so i probably will

how many ppl can play coop? are there mics?

Come on, OP is a fag, he started with 3 with bonfires every corner, surely he likes coop for cheesing the shit out of it. Prove whatever honor you retain with soloing Dark1 or Demon of corpse.

>faggot maggots
Thag fits more of those larva guys in the cathedral itself, you're probablytalking about the leeches. Either way, yeah, fuck the cathedral and catacombs.

Swamp was total shit, with those giant shaman things.

3 people at once, unless you use a certain item, but it also causes you to be able to be invaded by more than one red phantom.

If you're playing on PC be sure to use DSfix and also DSCM.
Other than that, git gud.

This isn't your kind of game faggot, go back playing to multi player on LOL.

It's fine to play the Dark Souls games out of order, because the story isn't connected. All the recurring characters from 1 in 3 are mostly fanservice.

>coop Darksouls 3ZPZ
Scrrrrruuuuuuuuub

This user knows whats up. Better build cancer for multiplayer, you're gonna need all the lube you can get

>no parrying
Were you just not able to do something so easy? Literally the easiest way to speedrun bosses.

poise is a real stat that is good in this game where as in dark souls 3 it doesnt do anything thanks to a programming error/.

before the first boss if you go down instead of up there is a hard enemy. he drops like the best ring in the game.

your goal is to ring the bells at the start

to get to the lower bell you have to go through the starting zone then then the depths then blight town then quelaggs domain.

google the location of the fire keeper in the area with all the spider eggs

try not to be dissapointed by the last boss.

help seigland and his duaghter.

Did I hear someone doesn't praise it?!

>LoL
>not WoW or Dota2

The story is completely connectd throughout all games in every way. Don't you notice how Anor Londo and Lothric are literally 3 ft. away from each other? It just takes place over many years.

The claymore is your friend

Bitches love that Sunny Dee

I actually like the way Dark Souls tells it's story. The Universe is actually pretty fleshed out for all the mystery in game.

The point is, there's no overarching story to follow that you need to play the games in order to understand. Unlike Mass Effect.

I played darksouls 3 first and thought that it was much, much, harder than dark souls 1 from as objective a postion as I can take. Most of the people that I lnow who have played a lot of dark souls say 3 is much harder particularly after the abyss watchers.

Im currently playing darksouls 2 for the first time and I honestly cant reccomend it.

its slower than the other games, the zones feel like they were all designed to be good darksouls levels that were then skinned to look like they might belong in a game darksouls.

also its just so much slower.

also the healing in that game is fucking retarded.

It's actually pretty well explained through Dark Souls 1 but you need to pay attention and recieve every piece of detail from every NPC. The narration within the opening cutscene fairs well.

I came from ds1 as well. parry timing in 3 threw me off so i died a lot to that. lack of poise makes r1 spam rewarding, unlike in ds1.

1 is a good deal better imo, just make sure you get dscm and pvp watchdog so online actually works.

Dark souls 3 is so easy though, im a souls vet and I think it only really started getting hard after NG5.

Also, the slower combat is more realistic and less punishing for fucking up once and getting hit thrice. Also, the rolls weren't fucking OP, the frames could get freaky but they werent near as bad.

felt that way about dark souls one. most of the bosses I kind of just walked up on (almost blind playthough) most of the bosses and killed them. Sif was a joke, Gwyn I literllly walked up to and beat to death with my sword never had to heal even.

Ive never used a shield in dark souls ever though so my perspective may be biased.

You're going to notice a significant difference in convenience and varying difficulty. Also, weapon upgrades and infusions are much more puzzling in DS (one blacksmith cannot do everything). There are fewer bonfires and fast traveling is not something that is immediately available. If you want a good weapon early work on dex and upgrade a bow to shoot the tail off of the red dragon. Get ready for a good time, especially if you got "Prepare to Die" edition (dlc).

DS is still my favorite entry in the series. Played fighting games almost exclusovely for the longest time, DS reminded how good an adventure game can be.

quick tips:

endurance is best
keep equip load below 25% and max poise
shields OP, git gud at parrying
backstabs
dex/str scaling is shit for pvp
str weapons are best

Is there some overarching consensus among the games? As someone who is about to pick up dark souls I don't know which one to play

First

Bloodborne(PS4 only)>Dark Souls>Dark Souls2>Demon's Souls>Dark Souls3

First is an absolute masterpiece until fatty and beanpole. then it becomes "deeat the elite four and challenge the champion". rushed design process becpmes quite apparent.

If you hold a torch in your offhand it burns the maggots on you, thus causing your bleed build up to go down and you're fine

thats not relevant though. It still wont makes you misunderstand they story if you play the game in the wrong order.

the game itself doesnt even have a proper since of time and talks about it many times. the only times that "X" happened before, or after, "Y" matters is when the game puts it in that context. the rest of the time sequencing is basicallt irrelevant.

pint being you wont ditrract from the game by playing it in the "wrong" order.

telling someone not play the third game first is like telling them not to go to blight town first "because its wrong" but this is dark souls and you can play however you like.

same, I'd say ds2 was the hardest of the three, especially with some bosses that had very weird mechanics

here you go
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/522723

Bro do you know how to fix ds1 on pc regarding mouse? if so help a fellow faggot out I'd much appreciate it. I know about the dsfix I've gotten that to work already but I can't get a mouse to work.

let me go out and by a Ps3 and call it my "demon souls machine"

NOT WORTH

The good tip no one here is giving: Don't read any fucking guides. Consult non-faggot friends if you're really THAT confused about something.

Id say just the start is slower. I think that among people who stream really badass dark souls gameplay and stuff the consensus is that darksouls 3 is much harder but feels less grooling thanks to TP

When you go down to New Londo make sure you have a fuckload of transient curses. You dont want to get caught down there without them when youre too deep.

When you go into the Darkroot gardens and see a door that needs the 10000 soul crest to open, go to the wall to the left of it and hit it for a bonfire.

When you meet Ceaseless Discharge, run away.

Hit the bridge dragons tail either with arrows or your sword for a good early game 1h sword.

Dont go through the graveyard till late game, unless youre going for kindling right out of the gate.

Thats all I have right off the top of my head.

this describes my feels having played dark souls3, then one, and now 2.

>63 / 11 / 29 / 5
Idk, I just felt like DS3 was easy and Dark souls 1 was super difficult. I started with Ds2

16 str for two hand CB, thorns for backstab cancels, MoM for 180 extra HP, Bandit K for criticals, even poise break at 36, 10 attunement for a black flame which is more optimal than great combustion comsidering it does physical damage 60 poise damage and an additional 100 fire damage, with this set up you have an optioin of using hornet or flip ring which i recommend bc Flip Chaos Blade is probably the strongest build in the game

I never used a shield in any of the games so that might affect my feelings on the game but I found dark souls 3 much harder. dark souls 1 was just such a cake walk of beating up whatever is in your path.

shields are for scrubs faggot.

Before that the game just has no direction really though.

no. you're fucked. its a bad port go use a controller.

Level up resistance.

I'm sure having hundred of hours of darksouls XP by the time you played 3 didn't make it feel that way and you are trying to be objective.

dark souls 2 was the easiest game ive ever played...i crushed that game..

not saying im the best im not..i just found a way to beat the programming then it was simple.

Doc's orders

aww fuck :( thanks for the heads up

Am i faggot if i think that Dark souls 2: scholar of the first sin was massively better than 1 or 3?
(can't make a ruling on bloodborne, havent played it)

forgot the picture

I liked some of the mechanics in 2. I wish some of them had been brought into 3. Same as with 1 and Demon Souls. I wish some things were different and brought into 3.

Bloodborne was it's own game. Fun and enjoyable so I suggest getting it when you can. It's fun and has a faster pace than the soul games.

All in all, if I had it my way, 3 would be an amalgamation of DeS, DS, DS2 and BB. And I would be a major faggot about it in every way, shape and form.

In dark souls 1, you swing a bit slower and get a lot less rolls from the stamina bar.

I suggest playing more patiently and with a sheild for mobs and 2hand for bosses.

I bet as soon as you get to Anor Londo, the game will get much easier for you than anything in Dark Souls 3, besides the painted world of ariamis.

And something that really ruined DS3 for me was how little stamina rolling costs. You can just spam it and have no consequence. I liked actually being good at rolling meaning something in DS2

1 Torch swing stuns the maggot dudes for a good 3+ seconds and the torch prevents all maggots from building up bleed.

starting gift
master key
always master key
fuck the depths
fuck blight town

Never level resistance, it's worthless.
You'll meet a man wearing gold armor in a cell. His plotline is vaguely similar to Hawkwood? You can kill him for the best ring in the game, it's a lot easier if you kill him in Firelink instead of the 'normal' location.
I personally like polearm type weapons. The slower combat makes range more beneficial, imo.
If you plan to use a shield, you can get away with mid-rolling. If you're going to two hand, you'll really want to be fast rolling.

maybe as you already honed your skills on the earlier games

Ds3 was easy as fuck by far the easiest. In ds1 get a great sycthe then it make the game a cake walk

Blight Town is an essential part of the 1st playthrough, don't skip it. Skip it the rest of your playthroughs if you like, but do it the first time.

At least you could play DS and DS2 with whatever you liked. DS3 was play the meta or die. I have a faith luck build that gets the shit wrecked out of me because my AR doesn't even come close to theirs.

Get used to midrolling after doing the first quarter of the game with fastrolling. Being able to be heavy and not having to stay under 25% opens up your options considerably, especially without Havel's ring.

dont use walkthrough or guides or anything figure everything out on your own, you'll enjoy the game way more and appreciate everything you learn and achieve

Blighttown is one of my favorite areas.
>extreme vertical descent
>variety of enemies
>really teaches you that the map is also an enemy
>teaches you to balance rolls and blocking
>has a boss that is just challenging enough to be fun

Its sort of like an unwelcoming purgatory to make sure you know what the fuck you're doing before you get too far into the game.

Dude...
Any 100% physical shield
Gargoyle halberd
Black iron set
Incredibly easy mode if you can do a decent dodge half thr time. Beat the entire ng before lvl70 on my first ever dark souls run.