At what age did you grow out of the Beatles?

At what age did you grow out of the Beatles?

>“I realized I was actually going to kill him… I just saw it like a screen. If I hit him once more, that’s really going to be it. I really got shocked and for the first time thought: ‘I can kill this guy." - John Lennon on beating his friend for joking he might be gay

damn

Today

The opposite. I used to be a fedora tipping "le beatles were just one direction for old people" cunt but then I actually listened to their albums, and discovered the likes of Tomorrow Never Knows, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Strawberry Fields Forever, Rain, etc. That was about age 18, which is pretty late, I know. I'm now 23 and know their discography pretty much by heart. Hard to pick any artist ahead of them as my favourite of all time.

this

Never

Yep. I never listened to em growing up but later on I came to appreciate them. To me, hating on The Beatles is just Sup Forums being edgy, akin to Sup Forums shitting on Kubrick or something.

THE

Grow out of The Beatles?
The Beatles are GOAT and if you can't get your head around that then you have no life!

grew up on the beatles, never considered them the greatest band of all time but still enjoy their music today for what it is. good music

this. The only reason you could grow out of The Beatles is if you overplayed them. I've gone back to some of their albums (esp. The White Album) and found them to be largely medicore, but that'll probably change in time.

Never found the appeal in their music to be honest. I really liked Beach Boys, specifically Pet Sounds, but for some reason I have just never heard a Beatle's song that has striked me as amazing.

pic related me irl when I use to listen to pet sounds and sgt peppers (which I kinda liked at the time because it was different and cool). my favorite band at this time was probably slowdive.

I've never liked the beatles. Always found their sound to be creepy and culty.

>culty
What does this mean?

Didn't (((their manager))) give John a blowie. Also, the Hoffman bio said he liked Thai boys.

Yesterday

fantastic bait

while theyre not my favourite, i will agree that for albums like MMT, Sgt Pepper and revolver in your discography its very hard to shit om them.

kek

this

I don't know, maybe 20? It's certainly been a few years by now

google search 'Helter Skelter'

Hitler Skulitor ?

Why are you posting this?

It wasn't his friend, it was just some dude in a club I thought.

The Beatles are not Kubrick. Maybe more like Spielberg or something.

Spielberg is great, so that's fine.
You'll grow back into them at 24.

13 or 14? i used to really love them

Never grew into them in the first place.

Yeah, you're still a fedora-tipping cunt.

>le beetles r a shit pop band, i only like le heavy metal and rap
>calling others fedora

>>everyone who doesn't like this massively overrated band only likes these two genres I deem unacceptable
Yeah, sorry, you're the only fedora-tipping cunt here, hate to break it to you.

Spielberg produces overtly sentimental schlock.

I thought i grew out of them when i was 26 but now I'm 30 and just relistened to all their albums and am blown away again

Never. I grew up with their music and it's always been a treat to revisit their discography as I get older and approach it from an evolving perspective.

Oh, well then I suppose that comparison is wrong, and Kubric is more appropriate

When I was 5 years old I realized the wiggles were more intellectual than the beatles.

It would make sense that a toddler would make a clueless assertion about music

kek

9 years old

Their music is un-listenable for me. I went into revolver and peppers with an open mind. Couldn't sit through it.

childhood is thinking you're unique for not liking the beatles

adulthood is realizing the beatles are unironically good

never liked them
they are not bad at all, but they have no personality

Harrison is bet Beatle BTW

do they shit on kubrick? thats pretty rich, every time i visit Sup Forums all their talking about is blockbuster franchises

Well show us the notes you were taking while you were listening. We'll show you what you are doing wrong.

i wanna fuck you in the ass

>it's a "pretend to hate the Beatles to look cool" thread

Those jew genes really did her wrong.

I get not liking the Beatles but compared to most of their contemporaries they experimented more despite their fangirl meme success, which is admirable. Like compare them to the Kinks or something and they're in another league.

After listening Magical Mystery Tour one too many times. Haven't listened to them in years.

Though if you randomly play any of their songs to me, I'll probably be able name it instantly.

i didn't grow out of the Beatles so much as i grew into Frank Zappa.

this occurred around middle school i think?

yeah fuck having any opinion that deviates from rollingstone's top 500 albums of all time

The part that triggered me the most in Scaruffi's analysis was when he called George Harrison a pathetic guitarist and vocalist

This my dudes

exactly this
In middle school/high school, most of my friends loved the Beatles, and at the time i never saw the appeal and thought it was old overrated pop music, i was way more into The Doors or Hendrix at the time

Now i'm the biggest Beatlefag ever and not even ashamed, i love them

cringeworthy user

you are the only one wearing a hat, trust me

not the point

your opinion is bad without regard to rolling stone

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

No argument, I see. Typical for a Beatles-listening fedora tipper.

I actually didn't like them growing up. I was really into Zeppelin and The Doors. Now that I'm older I enjoy them a lot more.

I've always liked them, don't think I'll ever stop. The one thing I'll bag on them for is the ridiculous amount of singles they released.

The Beatles aren't bad at all. They are actually a pretty good pop band from the 60s. Their songs are different and it's interesting to listen to their progression from British Rock n Roll to a myriad of music styles. They had a natural talent for wrtiting appealing melodies that reflects their popularity, but at the same time, they chose to experiment on top of that to create a sound that was not only easy to listen to but opened the listeners mind to what music could be, and not what it should be. They used different chord progressions and never settled on one distinct sound they could recycle over and over again. They set the bar for experimental pop music that many musicians look back on for inspiration. So, like them or not, they were very influencial in their time and still continue to inspire many artists.

Are The Beatles the greatest band ever? Absolutely not. But are they good? Of course. They are far from being horrible or bad, and their music still proves to be successful in their emotional intents. The only people who unironically think the Beatles are the worst band ever are closed minded fucks who never listen to anything outisde their musical genre bubble.

I almost didnt knew who the beatles were, until it was too late to like them, since I already knew many underground bands.