Overrated artist?

Overrated artist?

underrated*

Underpublictransit

swans and everyone here knows it

this ugly bitch

who is overrating him?

What do people see in his music? I've tried but most of his stuff is repetitive jazz loops with backing drums. The rapping features are really poor too. Not trying to be a dick, just wonder the appeal the fans find in his stuff

Weeaboos

Don't worry i don't get it either

He's mediocre at his best, many other unknown artists play the same tunes. Guess he gains bonus hipster points for being a dead nip

death grips

Uyama hiroto and ta-ku are a little more interesting, but I really enjoy the style.

Yes.

There are better Japanese producers such as pic related.

i think he just fills that "smooth jazz beat" producer. I personally don't like his music at all. I don't get why people compare him to dilla since dilla was way more versatile and didn't just stick to one style.

Animal collective

>uyama hiroto
thanks for this, found a mega from the archives and this is some really good stuff

Animal Collective

overrated by who?

Underrated by the general public, overrated by people who actually listen to instrumental jazz hip hop or whatever you want to call it, who thinks Nujabes is the only artist who makes music like this.

Sampling isn't art

basically hipster elevator music

>loop the same 8 second sample for 3 minutes
>slap a basic hip hop beat on it
>???
>profit

>every hip-hop music ever

>gigi masin - clouds
>add a generic beat
>???
>profit

i don't like nujabes.

Not trying to be "that guy," but I discovered Nujabes on Myspace a couple years before he died. I liked it, but it wasn't anything mindblowing or groundbreaking to me. After he died, hype for his music really built up, and on top of that, his music was now framed by his early death, so it became "melancholy" and "deeper" by association with the sadness of an artist dying young.

Not trying to say I think he's "overrated," just that perceptions changed as a result of his death. I think nearly any musician/artist who dies young gets a de facto bump of interest and recognition.

>Rap features are poor

Nigga what? People like Shing02 and Cise Starr are GOAT underground rappers

nothing, people made "homework study" playlists on youtube and acted like he was on the same level of Dilla. Nujabes - Feather is a great song though.

t. rockist

Your music taste is shit, though.