Was punk originated in the united states?

was punk originated in the united states?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtv.com/news/2696469/lenny-kaye-patti-smith-suzanna-vega-corin-tucker/
youtube.com/watch?v=0tF14gqGOOo
youtu.be/axGsg3fPm84
youtu.be/yPRJ53xEV1A
youtu.be/8JqlIGS3Hdk
youtube.com/watch?v=ugo7ai-CgTs
youtube.com/watch?v=mgQg4ze1_KU
youtube.com/watch?v=3EH7QMVnSRI
youtube.com/watch?v=594WLzzb3JI
youtube.com/watch?v=jQEGoSSya8s
youtube.com/watch?v=DCb0TsSIqI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes although it wasn't until 1972 when they recorded their demo of I Got A Right

And technically that was the 2nd punk song and the first was actually Beatles 2.0 in 1970 with Lennon, Ring and Yoko

Go back even earlier. Punk began in the 60's.

Garage =/= punk
Power chords =/= punk

I Got A Right is literally the blueprint

Actually it originated in Prussia.

>Garage
A name slapped on decades later.
Like it or not, it's where it all began.

Why because they use power chords? Gonna take more than that. Gonna take drums.

mtv.com/news/2696469/lenny-kaye-patti-smith-suzanna-vega-corin-tucker/

What is your point instead of taking me to some rambling article on a horrible site

Read the article and educate yourself.
You might learn something.

lmao you're retarded

Germany actually, listen to Black Monk Time

Maybe later but I doubt I'll change my mind that it took drums to invent punk. Otherwise it took psycho Beatles 2.0 guitars to do it No Wave style ten years before the fact.

well they were still american

The sonics came before them and were from seattle. But imho the first punk album (not proto punk) was the dictator's go girl crazy, and it was USA too

Maybe but The Ramones were already playing full albums worth live the year before. There's video from CBGb in 1974

yes, and anybody who says otherwise is a mouth breathing, usda inspected, grade A fucking retard of the highest rarity

Australia, actually
youtube.com/watch?v=0tF14gqGOOo

stooges - i got a right (heavy liquid - track #1)
youtu.be/axGsg3fPm84
Recorded July 1972

GONN 1966 Keokuk Iowa

youtu.be/yPRJ53xEV1A
youtu.be/8JqlIGS3Hdk

Imagine being a corn farmer and hearing this at the county fair.

Started in Peru

>I'm Stranded, Released Sept. 1976
>Blitzkreig Bop, Released February 1976

Punk was just lofi rock n roll so yes

>I just read wiki

>I'm Stranded, first known performance early 1974
>Ramones, first live performance September 1974
Saying when they were released as singles is like saying Smile ripped off Neo-Psych because it came out in 2011

Didn't know, thanks for the fact

My pleasure, and by full album I just mean enough to qualify for an album like over 20 minutes of material

I knew that ramones had a lot of songs before their s/t but didn't know they had so much already lol. Do you know other very early punk/protopunk bands? I'm really into shit like this lately but you know I feel there are the big legendary names like new york dolls, monks, stooges, etc or bands like rocket from the tombs and radio birdman that are really not known

See
That's all I know other than Lennon, Ringo and Yoko in 1970 but that's No Wave style of punk

And Death apparently copied that Stooges song's style but I'm not sure of the first date they recorded or performed one of these specifics songs although I assume it wasnt before 1974 but maybe.

Cool, thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=ugo7ai-CgTs

This song from 1969 is pretty punk. Even the lyrics.

pretty cool

I Got A Right is pretty much exactly what punk eventually became, but i'd say that Raw Power (the whole album) made that message much more clear and was probably more widely available for young people who became punks.

Right but apparently they are playing it that way live or ot got out somehow and that's how Death got their sound. It's too much of a coincidence that they're from the same city. In addition to whoever else may have heard it. Unless I'm confused about when Death write similar songs. I'm not very familiar with them at all except when I heard all their stuff many many years ago when I decided they simple copycats and moved on. Not that there's anything wrong with that but they're compositions aren't historically important.

Fucking autocorrect I swear

were playing

what's this about Lennon, Ringo and Yoko doing no-wave in 1970? I've never heard about anything like that

Just turn it off dude, it's so fucking pointless honestly. Half the time it corrects into words i don't even want. I turned that shit off years ago

How does anyone buy this popularly spouted opinion

its not very fast or energetic at all

its more of a soul or RnB groove of a song than punk

youtube.com/watch?v=mgQg4ze1_KU

this is more punk and was way earlier, probably the first song with power chord riffing

Well No-Wave in its most extreme like I think they were called Stretchheads and they paved the way for Melt Banana to move way past that. Plastic Ono Band (Beatles 2.0) did that in 1970 with the song Why

Yeah I should at least try it

youtube.com/watch?v=3EH7QMVnSRI

youtube.com/watch?v=594WLzzb3JI

these are way more punk than louie louie

youtube.com/watch?v=jQEGoSSya8s

another candidate

youtube.com/watch?v=DCb0TsSIqI0

Oh boy, this is some shit right here. Yoko fucking losing it in the background of course. The song is cool but her dumb voice kinda ruins it for me. Could totally be a Devo or B-52 song without the insanity that is Yoko singing.

Here are the facts: Rock and roll originated in the U.S. and since punk is an off shoot of rock and roll then the logical answer is that yes punk originated in the U.S. End of discussion. End of thread!

rock and roll came from africa

Post links to prove your point and further your argument.

Came here to post this

Rock n Roll came from blacks
Blacks came from Africa
Therefore Rock n Roll came from Africa