Is anyone else extremely obsessive about their coffee?

Is anyone else extremely obsessive about their coffee?

Let me explain, this specifically applies to homemade coffee for me. I absolutely refuse to drink coffee if someone else makes it. It just tastes "off" to me.

There are exceptions to this with some people that I know, they actually seem to make coffee "correctly". Sadly, my roomie is not one of these people. I also assume that he may feel the same way, because he hardly ever touches coffee that I make.

So I wonder, Sup Forums, anyone else here like me? Or am I just an autist?

pic unrelated

you are not alone.

>haha I le drink coffee and an le anal about it xD

Fuck off cancer memes back to buzzfeed

When you say correctly you should probably say preferably. Otherwise you come off as pretty autismo. This falls under aesthetics which I think is extremely subjective. I don't drink coffee but I can relate in my preferences.

yes there are people like you
and yes they're all autists aswell

glad to know

you sound like someone who makes shitty coffee

fair points

I swear these captchas are trying to screw with my head

you want to drink coffee out of my anus?

I roast my own beans.

have access to a keurig at work has spoiled me.
I find it hard to enjoy pot coffee.

Just for fun can you explain with some flavor-related adjectives what you like about your coffee and didn't like about others?

>I've become conditioned to enjoy shit-water from overpriced gimmick packets

I see where you're coming from, but with me it's more of a difference in brewing methods. I have an espresso machine with customizable grind and blend options, so I have my own perfect settings. Coffee from other espresso machines is perfectly drinkable, but still doesn't satisfy like my own does. Unless it's like fancy italian or portuguese espresso, which is heaven.

When it comes to coffee other people make, it's usually drip, coffee pads(dutchfag) or made in a cafetiere. Drip and pads are utterly disgusting, no matter what people do to make it enjoyable. Cafetiere is just.. Ok I guess. Still doesn't beat freshly ground beans in an espresso machine.

Then there's the shit Americans drink. Folgers and shit. Any type of grains that dissolve in hot water. Disgusting. Vomit inducing level disgusting.

sure kid.

I've spent so much money modding and tweaking my espresso machine I sometimes look back at it with shame, and some pride, but mostly shame.
What a waste of time and money just to make "the perfect shot".

implying all.

Loling at you.

I own and operate one of NYC longest established coffee roasters. I seek green and roasted. You guys are halarious, you come in and try to act like you know everything about coffee. I bet you use a Nesco roaster. Or maybe a Hokey 2500. Loling at you.

>I gave up trying to make my own coffee before even trying. But it's okay because everyone else does it too.

Why did you just buy a synesso instead of spending mad moolah

Specifically with the coffee that my roomie makes, it tastes very bitter to me. Now this shouldn't even be a thing, because I know for a fact that we both use the same amount of the same type of coffee grinds while making it.

Any difference of taste that I percieve, I blame on improper washing out of the coffee maker beforehand... but it can't make that much of a difference.

I spend a good 5-10 minutes washing out each part, and he just rinses out the coffee pot.

As for other peoples coffees, same thing, too bitter. Some extremely so, and others not so much.

Get a room you faggots.

sorry to hear you're such a failure at life. I mean its coffee not rocket science.

No, I work at Drop Coffee roasters.
There are literally no good and respected coffee roasters based in NYC.

Do they get their water from the toilet or something? And it's not even about steeping time like with a French press, huh?

Something to do I guess. Little bit of mechanical engineering and finessing with the actual machinery.
Then onto trying to get the best shot by fiddling around with different beans, grind coarseness, time, tamp pressure, levels of preinfusions etc etc.
Was more of a hobby I guess than anything else.

nice

I've heard both good and bad things about keurigs

end result is good though, right?

I've thought this before myself.

I honestly think it's more of a placebo effect type of thing... but I frankly wouldn't be surprised to learn that he uses toilet water.

calm down you faggot

Mad folgers drinkers detected.

not that guy, but I may as well take you up on that offer... my roomie made the coffee this morning before I got the chance to, so this might be an improvement.

how I imagine my roomie when he gets to the coffee maker before me

Litterally who?
Show me your ny times write up and your letters from the mayor.

You are really dumb if you think that. I bet you have never even been to a farm. Let alone purchased containers. I bet your one of the faggots who goes to the trade shows in t shirts and ogles all the stuff you can't afford.

Lol
>since 2009
My company has been around longer than your life bruh.

Finest coffee and teas since 1907

You're not alone but coffee addiction is real an it fucks you up. While I've gotten a lot better recently I still have OAB, sleeping disorders, caffeine/sugar addiction. All from drinking a pot and a half sometimes more each day for 3 years. And let me tell you having OAB at 19 really kills social life.

Side note. The best coffee you could make is with a hand press pot with water just before boiling. The temperature of the water is ideal for flavour and keeping heat, and you also mix the grounds in the water instead of the drip method of conventional coffee pots

Damn, sorry to hear that. I've had sleep disorders since before coffee, though.. not too worried about it now. Funny thing is, I've found I'm actually able to sleep more often after having coffee.

I don't think coffee does what you think it does.

nigga what the fuck do you expect when you drink a pot and a half a day lol