Thoughts?

Thoughts?
What would you change?

I didn't make it past the first row and my easiest fix would be to change to the most recent dfa which I insist is better and more relevant

its counter productive to give shitty pop bands back to the "all pop sucks" argument

the glow pt 2 is my favorite album, but the only song that really has 'good' lyrics is the moon.

these horrendous charts are the reason why 9gag and reddit is leaking to mu
also even dadrock like Queen or AC/DC is 1000 times better than the garbage on this chart

>dadrock
>better than boards of canada
?????

man i regret contributing to this fucking embarrassing chart

What's wrong with it?

If someone said they didn't like modulated vocals then idk why you would recommend James Blake

incredibly condescending attitude, nothing particularly interesting on the chart. There's not even a clear definition of "modern".
its function would be pretty well served by just having someone browse p4k lists, srs

Put Arca in electronic music.

also it includes those cringey ass keaton henson and listener albums as examples of lyrical depth, yikes

no
everyone forgot that album came out a month after it did
the second album also made everyone forget their first one

i remember this chart. it's a curious document of a different time in Sup Forums's history during the height of the cross-traffic with /r/lwg.

obviously the biggest priority should be updating the memes, then we can focus on the music.

Kendrick Lamar should be added to the all rap sucks section. He is THE leading white person converter rapper.

t. White person who didn't enjoy rap before listening to GKMC.

What would be your idea of an 'interesting' album

it was the wrong word to use
my point is that one would encounter lists with all of these albums as well as people actually explaining why they were important by reading entry level music journalism so i dont really see the point of throwing it into a condescending Sup Forums meme

Wouldn't that be Em for anyone who was born in the 90s/early 2000s?

kdot is absolutely the new em yes

Damn can't believe this is an actual Sup Forums creation smfhtbfhfamalamadam

I dunno. I mean for starters, their music is completely different and Em was more controversial for being a honky.

>all this unlistenable hipster garbage
No dadrocker would ever be impressed by AC's or BMSR's chaotic noise, and it's a similar story for the other categories.

i wouldnt call their music "completely" different. Kdot's flows borrow heavily from em's, especially on his more showboat-y tracks like backseat freestyle (or i could compare u to kim). And kdot isn't controversial for exactly the same reasons as em but he did generate all that negative fox news press last year (lol). But I was primarily referring to them being the main rapper who serves as an entry point for white listeners (or at least the main one who actually fits into the larger hip-hop culture, I'm discounting people like macklemore here)

Oh, OK. I misunderstood you, my bad.

>all 7 of those metal band choices

t. glamshitter

That music is dadrock at this point, ask any aging brooklyn Hipster what music he likes.

that you, gene simmons?

>dadrock
>better than electrodad

lots of good stuff on there

Most metal heads are Nerds or oddballs. Non of ya'll are billy badasses, listening to darker heavyer shit won't change that fyi.

Fuck off, Stoner Metal and Boris is good.

>Doom, Black, Thrash, Death and even Noise all on the list.

So what isn't nu-male metal?

t. glamshitter

>dadrock like Queen or AC/DC is 1000 times better than the garbage on this chart
so fucking wrong my god

Get rid of almost everything and start from scratch.
Most the music on that chart is awful.

Especially Tegay and Sara

ffs stop feeding into this garbage meme

Wat I'm sayin is tru doe, in my experience metal heads are kinda lame.

im not disagreeing, it's just that any response encourages that kid to keep making these worthless b8 posts

>Is This It?
>2001
>"Modern"

Idk man, i think b8ing and stupid arguments is like half the fun. Especially when its completely retarded and derails the thread.

fair enough, not like this thread is even close to worth saving

Most of that is at least a decade old

>High On Fire
>nu-male

nah you're talking out yer ass

>Electronic music
>Examples of blunder that is nu-jazz, jazz-hop and EDM

This is why this chart is shit, there shouldn't be a single album on a modern chart old enough to have a fucking anniversary reprinting of it

While i disagree with the criticism of muh nu male metal, the metal section could use different recommandations according to the quote you're answering. And come on half of the albums are stoner metal or hybrids.

One mastodon album is probably a good idea, and the last arkona could fit. I'd like to put also dead congregation or idk spawn of possession but it's probably too hard-hitting for the kind of people who say that.

I don't like that much the pop choices desu of "all pop sucks" desu the next line has better pop albums.

iirc we made this chart in like 2012 but even then you're right

that chart is definitely one of the most consistently triggering

Are you denying that their most recent is the most rockin? Trust me I know rock and I know dad rock and dfa did not spend an entire decade sitting on their hands. And it shows.

I'd say for an album to be "modern" it has to have been released within the past five years.

No-one was calling Nevermind or Ten "modern" in 2007.

There are maybe 1, 2 good albums on there?

remove Tame Impala

lol what are they

>What would you change?
well I would add a 9gag watermark

Put Grimes somewhere in that chart.

Untrue and Lift yr skinny fists

Decent I guess, could probably use an update given that most of this is ~10 years old now

Most metals are kind of lame, too. Palladium? Psh. Weak shit. Technetium? More like WRETCH-netium.

1/2 of there m8.

Untrue and Rounds are the only good albums there.

this + The Mantle

>recommending faggy ass indie rock for people who like dadrock
great idea!