youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/40742245
nowtoronto.com/music/features/grimes-gets-the-classical-treatment/
instagram.com/p/BOgxClXgyAJ/
instagram.com/p/BIRmmaOgu5V/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fucking discusting

You make it hard for me to take your opinion seriously when you can't even spell disgusting.

In 2017 with a spell checker...

>only 1.1 million views

lmfao

talk about crashing and burning

DIS
CUST
IGN

I know right, considering she's such the mainstream corporate shill musician you keep saying she is.
What she is, is actual underground music. Which is probably why you hate her so much. Now go fire on your Taylor Swift album and shake it off.

no she's actually just a failed pop star

mfw grimes is so white a 256 bmp conversion sets her face as one color

Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better about the crap you probably listen to daily.

Since February 9th

dead career.

Actual underground music. It's ok though, if you enjoy listening to the same generic garbage on the radio every hour for nine months straight.
Who am I to judge you?

too popular to be underground
too boring to become mainstream

she's caught in musical purgatory

career = over.

You seem bitter. Why?

right. I'm the one who is bitter. not the guy whose feelings are hurt when other people insult someone he doesn't even know.

listen buddy Grimes fucking sucks.

i'm having a hard time deciding who's uglier

guess this is why grimeth made this collab

Janelle monae's face is more punchable but Grimes doesn't shave her body hair
she is much uglier.

Lmao the fact that we're just hearing about this now shows how little grimesfags actually care about her music

>Comments are disabled for this video.

lmfao

That has more to do with the composition of the video.

My feelings aren't hurt, I actually understand that music is subjective. What I can't understand is why there seems to be a concerted effort here to stop people from listening to Grimes themselves, and making the decision about whether they like her or not themselves.

It's so sustained, and pathetic.

Better than lana del ray getting shit views on a new single. Art angels came out last year and everyone is still buzzing about it.

huh? lana del rey's video has been out for weeks and has more views than all of grimes art angels videos combined.

also no one was ever buzzing about art angels you just spend too much time on Sup Forums lol.

lmao this

I like Lana and Grimes. Fuck I even like some stuff Carly Rae did.
What drives me crazy is the money machine behind "artists" like pic related, that keep anything innovative off the radio.
But I guess most people want to hear Hannah Montana on the radio every 45 minutes, or Rihanna Montana or Sia Montana...ect ect

Dude I honestly don't care about who's more popular or more ugly or whatever. The bottom line is that Grimes makes good music and I'm gonna listen to it as long as I still enjoy it.

thats fine

This video wouldn't look out of place from Zoolander

fucking REKT

Music video of the year so far!

please someone makes gifs of grimes playing the drums i'm rofl'ing

How is that REKT? Lana is one of the few artists that deserves the success she has. At lest 2000 of those views came from me. Why do I only have to like Lana and hate Grimes?
Closed minded much?

honestly this

they are disabled for all her new videos

E x c e p t i o n a l

Grimes did it again.

Bullshit. Not only the video lost momentum due to 1 week Tidal exclusivity but it's also the last single from the AA era, released OVER 1 years after the album. Also 1 mil views for an indie song is very good.

See You idiot deserve special treatment: how the are you comparing a huge mainstream popstar with an indie artist? Are you fucking insane?

Hey moron, the video was posted on many /grimes/ threads. Shut the fuck up, ignorant.

>listen buddy Grimes fucking sucks.
That says something about your plebby music taste. Get some taste, n00b!

lana is indie tho

>career = over.
See you when you'll whine that half of the Sup Forums's catalog is full with the cover of her next album when it will be released.

in retrospect i think Art Angels was too artistic

Visions had 2 videos. fucking 2

Nobody cares about your retarded views regarding beauty. Discuss music or fuck off.

your opinions are indie

>Art angels came out last year
Not even last year, but in November 2015.

what did he mean by this

Lana was Indie. I don't think she can really be considered Indie anymore, even though most radio still refuses to play her music.
Lana is Lana, she's def her own thing now.

>also no one was ever buzzing about art angels you just spend too much time on Sup Forums lol.
>being so delusional
lurk more

"too artistic" I don't tell people to kill themselves, that's hateful.

Please just punch yourself in the face five times. Thanks.

you've hurt me enough

Not as long she's signed to a big labels (Polydor, Interscope). She's second tier mainstream (the first tier are those really huge popstars like Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Britney, Rihanna, Gaga, and so on).

Sorry, my bad. HUGS. I can be a little hurtful sometimes. That's my problem, not yours. I'm sure you're a very nice person.

Man, it's a shame. I actually like this song a bit, but you faggots have made it unbearable to even think of listening to her for like five seconds.

People arguing about about a dead career, because this or that or she's indie or whatever. Honestly, it's like said. It's so much underground buzz, and you faggots have made it so insufferable that it killed it because we think it's bigger than it is and are so sick of it we don't even bother.

tl;dr: You killed your waifu. Congratulations.

>Visions had 2 videos. fucking 2
3. Nightmusic had a video too vimeo.com/40742245

Unfortunately a video for Be a Body was cancelled.

>we
Speak for yourself
>tl;dr: You killed your waifu. Congratulations.
She's alive and well. If you're complaining now, just wait when her next album will be out.

"Second tier mainstream"? So not mainstream them. She has the following she has because her fans love her to a fault.
I have a feeling Grimes will be like that someday. She just needs her summertime sadness to push it there.
Cedric Gervais ft Grimes... could you imagine!

Haters BTFO. Good job, user!

>So not mainstream them.
Mainstream has more levels. Second tier mainstream still means a lot of popularity.

Just to see the difference between Grimes and Lana: the former has barely 1 million followers on Facebook, while the latter has 12 million followers. The difference is big.

This

1m followers is still mainstream then

It's not. Just the upper levels of indie. To put things into perspective, Lana has 12x more "official" followers than Grimes. 12 times!

>right. I'm the one who is bitter.
Why yes. Yes you are. Why?

>too popular to be underground
Unironically yes.
>too boring to become mainstream
Too interesting to become mainstream, actually.

Here's the thing. Since the very beginnings of her career her goal have always been to establish a place for herself in the music world by mixing elements of mainstream commercial success with underground artistic appeal - i.e. EXACTLY what she is successfully doing right now.

In terms of what Claire Boucher set out to achieve, Grimes is a HUGE success in every way imaginable.

hmm sure

>have made it unbearable to even think of listening to her for like five seconds.
user, don't go around blaming anonymous people on the internet for your inability to listen to music with an open mind.

grimes is an outcast

>Here's the thing. Since the very beginnings of her career her goal have always been to establish a place for herself in the music world by mixing elements of mainstream commercial success with underground artistic appeal - i.e. EXACTLY what she is successfully doing right now.
EXACTLY.

>"To become the world's weirdest pop-star and be respected for having a strong, experimental body of work that represents something new in music and that is considered to be 'important' rather than 'popular'."

Did she achieve that? I'd say yes.

>Grimes's 2012 album Visions is getting the classical treatment from Montreal-based ensemble Plumes.

>The group, which includes singer/guitarist Veronica Charnley (of Flotilla), composer and multi-instrumentalist Geof Holbrook and harpist Éveline Grégoire-Rousseau, commissioned composers to rework tracks to take Grimes’s subversion of pop traditions even further down the road of deconstruction. Composers include Nicole Lizée, Marielle Groven, Cassandra Miller, Emilie LeBel and Toronto-based Monica Pearce.

>It’s fitting that Pearce should find herself tackling a composition based on the music of Grimes, a left-field pop star who’s been outspoken about the lack of recognition for female producers and technical talents. The issue of gender equity in classical music is one Pearce has continually pushed, as former general manager of the Canadian League of Composers and now as executive director at the Music Gallery.

[...]

>What is it about Visions that lends itself to this sort of reimagining?
>It’s really rich musically. The melodic aspects of the tracks are amazing. Veronica, Plumes singer, has this incredible voice but is very different from Grimes. It’s going to be quite different from the album, which I think will be really exciting.

nowtoronto.com/music/features/grimes-gets-the-classical-treatment/

Fwiw speaking as a total newcomer to all things LDR (had my very first listen to her entire discography just last week) imo she's one of the most alternative-sounding artists I've heard in years - if not decades.

Which imo might explain why her career still causes so much controversy. Based on my reading of her history/listening to her music she started out as indie with her self-titled debut, but didn't get anywhere with it. Next she hooked up with industry big-wigs, who of course decided to dress her up as the next big bland, commercially successful mainstream pop act - which she clearly isn't. Her music is too specifically focused for that. She's an alternative artist in the truest sense of the term.

It's a pity that she's destined to be forever remembered as having failed to achieve professional expectations that her music was clearly never suited to achieve. But that's just what happens to lots of people who let the music industry push them around too much when they're young.

Yes, but she started out that way. In terms of how she relates to the rest of the music industry she is what is known as a left fielder.

bump

she looks like she eats yellow snow lmao

what are your thoughts, /grimes/?

thoughts on what?

instagram.com/p/BOgxClXgyAJ/
instagram.com/p/BIRmmaOgu5V/

what does this mean

lmfao

thanks

idk what kind of reply you want

it's just Sup Forums. you can speak for yourself here

suck my dick!
suck my dick!!

Just be prepared to have 700 trolls jump on your face because you see/hear/appreciate something they don't.
But who cares, they're just fucking trolls ultimately. Fuck em'

like when she fakes a smile and a ton of idiots gang up and try to excuse it away or pretend it didn't happen?

Not everyone is as socially perfect as you user. Congratulations, you're awesome!

Miley hasn't done anything of note for like 4 years, she also seems like a nice person so stfu

Love

Lana obviously falls under the indie music umbrella term

For a pop song this is pretty forgettable

What's the big deal?

Why is there so much fighting between Lanafags and Grimesfags lately? Do they not realize that both Lana and Grimes like each other?

there is just for some reason an increased overall amount of lana shilling this week

grimes is constantly being compared with a random new artist every week

it's just the most random, unnerving thing

cringed

Your theory had big flaws:

>A smile is a facial expression formed primarily by flexing the muscles at the sides of the mouth.[1] SOME smiles include a contraction of the muscles at the corner of the eyes, an action known as a "Duchenne smile". Smiles performed without the eye contraction can be perceived as "fake".

Can be perceived =/= it's definitely a fake smile.

there's exists an image where she looks happy

Lana's pretty awesome. What I still don't get is the I can't like Grimes if.......................shit.
You are allowed to like more than one musician. Even if Sup Forums says you can't, you can.

It's more electronic than pop. As for the forgettable part, speak for yourself.

This. You could like more than one artist. Also Lana and Grimes like each other and even toured together.

see

>so much fighting
It was actually just one moronic anti-semitism-obsessed Sup Forumstard / LDR shill making an ass of himself on /mu. Your guess is as good as mine as to why.

Btw using retarded meme terms like "Lanafags" and "Grimesfags" will get you nowhere in this conversation.

>citing wikipedia