Is there a God, Sup Forums ?

Is there a God, Sup Forums ?

If there was, he/she,it,them etc would post the maisie williams leaked pics.

Possibly, but there's not only is there no proof but there isn't even evidence to support it either. Sure, the absence of evidence isn't the proof of absence, but the burden of proof ought to lie on the claimant. If you're telling me a God exists, prove it; I need not prove it doesn't.

I wrote that in two segments and didn't proof read, my bad.

First sentence should read, "Possibly, but there's not only no proof, but there isn't even evidence to support it."

More than likely not

Black holes or stars(our sun) are the closest things to gods that we know for sure exist.

the universe in its unfathomable totality might be god but who knows. IMO things repeat endlessly forever, there isn't really a need for a single "god" entity. Obviously this stuff is over our heads so why worry about it too much.

If things repeat endlessly forever, then this is some old copy pasta.

You won't find your answer here. Look into yourself. Read. Meditate. Pray. To think God can be contained within language is your first misstep. I don't claim to know to absolute truth. I was agnostic for a long time. It's a necessary step, but if you truly want to know the answer to your question, just don't stop seeking.

Yes, how could you look at the world around you and think this is all just a happy accident?

so god is actually a gigantic douchebag who purposely designed everything fucked up to fuck with sentient life? Right...

Existentially the universe being a happy accident is a much better reality.

Then what created God? If nothing, how do you conclude that an omnipotent being having always existed being far more feasible than matter/energy in its most basic forms having always existed?

But doesn't it being an accident imply a deviation from an intended goal?

What's the difference?

thats intending there was a goal to begin with.

Correct.

A common misconception about God is that most people think God's job is to sit back and make sure humans have a perfect happy life. God doesn't serve humans it's supposed to be the other way around. Humans should serve God. God doesn't promise your life will be a cake walk that smells like roses and feel like bliss. On the contrary God says we would suffer for our own sins and that Christians would be martyred in a world that hates them. But if you hold true to your faith and do God's will you will receive your reward in the after life.

I personally believe that God existed before the creation of our universe and everything we can conceive of within it. I do not believe it's possible to know anything beyond that that point in time.

So basically if I don't buy into your specific sky god all the shit that happened to me is actually intended shit? I'm not expecting god to wipe my ass but you really cannot explain human suffering the way you are trying to.

I am god.

I am a Christian. I believe that God created a perfect world that included humans with free will. Those humans with free will made some bad decisions and continued to make bad decisions that leads us to the messed up place we live today.

so if god created a perfect world why did he create free will for humanity and every other sentient species and why haven't they fallen from grace the same way we have. The notion that the world is perfect is completely abhorrently untrue and a complete lie, you should know this just from being an active member of reality and being attentive to your surroundings. I just don't think that is really up for arguing whatsoever.

everyone and everything is god.
is there some dude/committee beyond or in some ethereal corner of the universe dictating what happens? perhaps but who knows.

Of course. I know this, because my parents and grandparents told me so, and they've never been wrong about anything ever.

Probably not. Sorry dude.

No one knows.
Any other answer is based on faith.

If humans make decisions based on lust, greed, hate, and worse then that slowly builds a world that reflects those decisions. If, on the other hand, every single human made every single decision out of love for everyone else then we would have a very different world. So in short, yes humans build a world of pain and suffering out of the decisions they make. I'm not saying you as a single person pays for your own sins. But human kind pays for the decisions of human kind. (However, I also believe that because we are so imperfect, there is no way to make up for our sinful actions. If you don't except Jesus to save you then at some point you will pay for your sins.)

I believe God created a perfect world. It's not perfect now. It's all messed up from sin. God created beings to have free will so that God wasn't loved and served by robots. Who's to say God didn't already create other beings that had no free will and God just got bored or frustrated of that? I'm not saying it's what happened but it's conceivable.

so if god makes someone a psychopath its his fault for being that way? Once again you are not really rooted in reality and are kind of just making grandiose existential claims. The intention is correct but the framework is all wrong. I used to be christian but after having had to actually confront death/been through actual life threatening pain its just impossible to buy into it anymore. Its extremely shallow compared to the actuality, its a fucking fantasy.

why would a perfect being need an emotion or even have emotions to begin with, this construct of god is so human its silly.

This god sounds really self-serving and childish. "Let's make humans the way they are so that they actually have free will instead of serving me like robots"
Some time later:
"How dare they not serve me!!!!!!1111"

don't forget its a perfect entity

Not the user you're talking to (I'm actually agnostic) but you're being childish.
A) Without free will, the test is meaningless and the test may very well be necessary and not something God enjoys or wants.
B) A perfect being is beyond your criticism. To pretend otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

You are placing the blame in the wrong place:
> god makes someone a psychopath
God doesn't make someone a psychopath. There are still events that happen that God doesn't control. You could be walking and slip and fall and kill yourself. It's because of that accident. God didn't cause you to trip and fall. It just happened. I've found that usually when someone is confronted by something traumatic (doesn't matter what it is.) That trauma will either bring you closer to God or push you away from God. I'm sorry for what ever happened to you that caused you to feel anger or whatever towards God. But I assure you it's not God that does the evil.

I prayed for god, asking him to give me a cute gf and I'm still awaiting reply. What gives?

but reality is perfect and so is god? How is any imperfection possible if you are not contradicting your earlier statement?

The only thing perfect in this world is how imperfect it is.

>There are still events that happen that God doesn't control.
Then He is not omnipotent. So he's not God.
God is, we are told, omnipotent. That's one of the specific features of God.

No contradiction. God made perfection. Humans made perfection imperfect. The world and reality is no longer perfect. That means we now live in a imperfect world. What are you not getting?

exactly, reality isn't about perfection its about novelty. The chaos is the point.

If this user understands it
then a hypothetical God surely would.
Stop making moral judgments on God when debating religion. It's embarrassing.

Yep, and it's malevolent.

okay you've completely lost me, you are talking nonsense at this point.

the fact that you could morally judge god at all I think points to how silly your concept of god is, that is exactly the point you are shutting out.

You are God user, we all are.

I said doesn't control. Not doesn't have the power to control. God is not a hand moving us around like dolls from another dimension.

Think of God as a comic book character.
one of his stated powers is that he's all knowing.
No human on earth could hope to morally judge something with literally infinite knowledge, experience, and insight.
What you're doing is trying to win a foot race against the Flash or trying to fist fight the Incredible Hulk.

If you feel confident asserting that there is no tooth fairy, you can be vastly more confident asserting that there are no gods.

>Think of God as a comic book character.
god damn it man
grow up please, your concept of god is just silly.

Glad you found religion.

The problem is:
A) You're now talking about something entirely different. The other guy was talking about how god got bored by his former robots and now made humans purely for personal enjoyment, and then he wonders that they turn out exactly how he made them. That's childish and self serving.
It would have been something entirely different if he made them with free will f.e. out of scientific curiosity, and then test them to find out their worth, but that's not what he was talking about.
B) Defining something as perfect and then claiming you can't criticize it because it's perfect is simply circular reasoning. Furthermore, there is no reason to adher to that definition. it really just adds nothing to the discussion and is, if I need to use some way to describe it, intellectually dishonest to try to pummel someone out of the discussion that way.

He's not wrong. It's all ridiculous.

I was listening to a preacher on the radio the other day, he was explaining "god" by attributing basic psychological funcitons and tricks as "god"

>That's childish and self serving.
In your erred human estimation.
If there is a God he's right and you're wrong, end of story. It's his power. If he exists, he can't be wrong.
It sounds like you're butthurt more about authority than anything else tbh user.

"Hunters have told me about the church. About the gods, and their love. But... do the gods love their creations? I am a doll, created by you humans. Would you ever think to love me? Of course... I do love you. Isn't that how you've made me?"

Could be. You don't know for a fact that it isn't and if you claim to know for a fact, you're a liar.
Even if we understood every facet of reality that could just mean we see God's toolbox. We'd still never be able to prove or disprove a being beyond our comprehension.

Yeah, just making grand claims with no proof or even arguments whatsoever and trying to personally insult the other person. That's a great thinker right there.

You don't understand, I'm not surprised. He was attributing concepts like visualization of goals and willpower as actions of god rather than basic functions of the human mind.

I never claimed that it was a fact that god isn't real, don't know what you're talking about.

>could be
no, not when you have an actual indictive function you can observe and point to that is already fucking known about. This is like denying we know anything about how beer ferments and claim that god is probably responsible. Technically everything is possible but you are flat out denying that there is observable permanence which is the basis for and allows for all living things. If things just happened irrationally there would be 0 functional structure to the universe. This is probably the one fundamental grounding thing that makes reality what it is.

What don't you get about the concept of a God?
Perfection is one of God's defining traits.
It's like arguing that 2+2 isn't 4.
Could be actions of god. Where do your thoughts originate?
Many creative people believe in the "muse". That an outside force just pops ideas into their head.
Observing and manipulating reality is not the same as creating reality from nothing.

If a God does exist in the traditional religious since, that being is a total asshole

What have you never taken a psych 101 class? It's called the unconscious mind, functions and activity beneath your consciousness, your more primitive brain.

if there wasn't, would be necessary to create one, as we now understand we did, etc.

Sense whoops

God cannot be defined by humans.

your a twat, go take some logic courses.

This is b man, the lot of them are retarded

Yes. Her name is Eris.

>implying we understand the mind enough to rule out outside influences thus far beyond our observation.

Yes.
regardless of all the religious crazy fuckers out there who all have a specific opinion of God, there is one.

God is infinite, boundless
religion is a box
you cannot put an infinite being into a box.

at least they are funny

Logic is created by humans and thus fundamentally flawed. Consider the Monty Hall problem.

There is only the god emperor

Occam's razor.

Thoughts that seem to pop into your consciousness are much more likely coming from your unconscious mind rather than an imaginary character that you believe is real.

this is really were we hit the actual existential wall/the problem we should be debating. IMO if christians totally fathomed this they wouldn't be christian.

We're talking about the common understanding of God as defined in most religions.
I agree with you but in the hypothetical case of this being directly communicating with man we should go with the definition given.
otherwise we're not talking about God.

>functions and activity beneath your consciousness

lol no

more like the mind we have now is limited, but "beneath consciousness" is absurd as saying 'beneath reality / the universe' no evidence to suggest what we can't see right now is elsewhere

occam's razor is not always correct and without further evidence only a fool would presume to know based on personal feelings and inclinations.

I'd also argue that god could be acting much more effectively through external measures versus any silly thoughts going on in your imperfect/sin filled head.

mfw

Dumbass, the unconscious mind isn't a guess. Your brain engages in processes beneath your immediate consciousness, this is a fact.

>basic neurology is only personal feelings

Lmfao

You literally believe brain function is magic. Do you think visual processing is magic too? It's not neurons delivering and processing the signal, it's magic right?

> Which religions are encompassed when you say most religions?
Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Bahá'í Faith, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Slavic neopaganism, Celtic polytheism, Heathenism (German paganism), Semitic neopaganism, Wicca, Kemetism (Egyptian paganism), Hellenism, Italo-Roman neopaganism?

if thinks repeat infinitely then we are immortals

>You literally believe brain function is magic
No I don't lol, i'm on your side I was just bringing up that point of how absurd god telling you shit is. Cool your jets.

cool existential possibilities huh? I'm pretty sure life is a lot crazier than that.

and what is responsible for this 'arbitrary input generator', assumed to be the 'un'conscious mind?

Is it really safe to assume all consciousness originates in our fractal antenna shaped meat circuit?

My fault

The big three, abrahamic God is who we are usually referring to because we live in Western society.

implying that the only way a human being can know anything at all is through the power reason.

>and what is responsible for this 'arbitrary input generator', assumed to be the 'un'conscious mind?

I already explained it to you, it's the more primitive parts of your brain.

Yes, it's a pretty safe assumption that brain activity is responsible for your consciousness. Specifically your pre-frontal cortex, but the whole frontal lobe in general.

, I see Another child in dangers who needs who? Me Sick fuck claiming to be a saint With lies smothered all over himself like wet paint Is there any point in what I do? Because the only one who ever fucking listens should be you But then why do I end up on the news For rapping and ranting about killing the jews? When a grown man can fuck a little boy Like a personal lubed-up sex toy It's a fucking miracle that all of you all spit at me For the shit you failed to see While the church gets away with it scot-free Are you kidding me? You don't want to see Rapping about killing negroes is all you people hate about me While you have priests watching little kids pee Fuck you all, I'm so fucking done Now kick back, relax, and chill as I get my gun

I don't disagree that we aren't fully aware of our processes, as I hinted that just because we aren't aware of it, does not mean it is 'beneath', or even separate from the conscious mind.

tl;dr: semantics

Which one? There are thousands. How did you choose that one?

Of course there is, op. How else would my neighbour be flying?

all i know is organic chemicals and organic chemical processes can't come from inorganic sources or be created by inorganic chemical processes.

i also know that all life comes from previous life slowly evolving over time, but go back far enough and the first thing i know impacts the second thing i know..

we'd all better listen to pascals wager dude. that's all i'm saying.

Would any god you can conceive of have allowed your creation?

Yeah I didn't think so either.

>just because we aren't aware of it, does not mean it is 'beneath', or even separate from the conscious mind.
That's actually precisely what it means.
I swear atheists have an ego problem.
Probably why so many atheists are young men. Just smart enough to think they know it all; not smart enough to see they know nothing.

Where is your head at right now? Beneath your consciousness meaning processing taking place beneath your higher level processes of creating consciousness.

Pascal's wager in relation to which god?

Her piss looks like mint Listerine