>I hate Taylor Swift, but enjoy Lana del Rey

>created pop stars
>muh evil music industry
Are you even listening to yourself

>artistic credibility

t. triggered poptimists

>There are autists in this VERY THREAD that actually believe this

this post literally screams reddit

Which LDR song did she write/produce herself?
Out of arguments I see

>Which LDR song did she write/produce herself?
Doesn't matter.

Oh did you forget we were talking about artistic credibility?

>caring if an artist did all the work by herself rather than the actual music

All that matters is the end result that goes into your ears. You sound like a fucking idiot.

But actual work creates the music. Ergo the creation is equally as important as the end result, which is literally defined by it's process and context.

Yeah you're definitely a virgin.

no we aren't faggot, we're talking about how pathetic faggots like you are for thinking that that makes the end product (the music) better because only one person did it. Caring about artistic credibility is the most reddit thing ever and a shitty "" argument"" as to why your favorite artist is supposed to be better

>no we aren't faggot
Oh you weren't replying to the chain initiated by ? Please read the thread before posting
>how pathetic faggots like you are for thinking that that makes the end product (the music) better because only one person did it
Strawman.
>as to why your favorite artist is supposed to be better
Quote me where I mentioned my favorite artist

Your favorite artist is Grimes who is shit.

>Phil Collins ruined Genesis

Nope.

I can already tell that making any valid counter argument is useless as you'll just use some shitty excuse as to why it's not valid, I'm not even going to waste my time trying to prove you wrong as you don't want to accept it.

His solo stuff besides the first two albums is awful though

>I have no more valid arguments
>but that's your fault!!
Sure

Yes, because writing a valid argument off as grasping at straws sure is a valid counter argument. Like I said I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a stubborn autist.

>Like I said I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a stubborn autist.
Good it's established you don't talk to yourself

Let me know if you want an actual musical discussion (what poptimists like yourself are not able to do anyways)

Oh wait! That's right! I wouldn't want to waste your time... on Sup Forums!

>i listen to music for the work the artists put into it
autism confirmed

Every time you listen to music, you are literally hearing the work the artists put into it. Or do you think music just magically happens for you to enjoy like air or magnetism?

The whole comment thread that followed this comment made me deeply depressed. This board is beyond saving.
>people denying that pop stars are manufactured corporate products
>people not caring if an artist writes their own music
>people claiming that creativity in music is irrelevant

>Huurrrr if an artist doesn't write and perform 100% of their music it is inferior

Go listen to Beck faget

>it is inferior
Quote us where we said it was inferior
>Go listen to Beck faget
What's wrong with Beck? he's fine.

Please purge everyone in this thread.
Except for patrician

The fact that you post pictures of her with every post about her makes it really clear why you actually like her.

>I am indifferent to these artists as I don't listen to their music.

>Phil Collins saved Genesis

all too well

oh snap

Nice retort, you mong. Beck's entire persona has been crafted by the cult of Scientology.

>actual fucking unironic poptimists

I thought this was just a meme. Fucking disgusting.

I like her music because it's good. I like her because she's a qt.

Nah.

>Genesis saved Phil Collins

>her music
It's not really *her* music, is it?

>this thread

>Being this pedantic.
Yes, it is her music. In the same way that you would say you love an actor's movies. If they didn't write the script and direct every shot is that movie not counted as part of their body of work? Think before you speak.

>In the same way that you would say you love an actor's movies
The problem is you give the credit to the director of the movie, not the actor you like.

She wrote everything on From the End, Young Like ME, the No Kung Fu EP, and most of AKA Lizzy Grant. She has a production credit on "Guns & Roses".

Not to mention hours and hours of Garageband/Myspace demos floating around there with just her and a guitar (or do you want to suggest someone else wrote and produced So Legit?)

Romanticized fantasy. And Lana does write all of her lyrics and melodies, unlike, say, Elvis or Ronnie Spector.

It's not that we don't care, it's that you couldn't tell the difference. Go read Scaruffi's David Bowie writeup again.

>I hate harsh noise wall

>Duke is not the best Genesis album

>Huurrrr if an artist doesn't write and perform 100% of their music it is inferior
Are you actually serious? If you go to a concert to a see a peson whose job is it to perform live music, wouldn't you expect them to actually do so? Or will you settle down and listen to them just moving their lips? Not that you would be cheated of the experience of a proper live concert, you would also be cheated out of your money that you've spent for a ticket, possibly a hotel room and travelling to the location.

>She wrote everything on From the End, Young Like ME, the No Kung Fu EP, and most of AKA Lizzy Grant.
Aren't these just demo, not finished recordings that are cherished by millions?
>Not to mention hours and hours of Garageband/Myspace demos
Wow amazing.
>Romanticized fantasy
The correct way to evaluate art is romanticized?
>And Lana does write all of her lyrics and melodies,
[citations needed]
>it's that you couldn't tell the difference
When you examine context it's always apparent. Denial must be a bitch.
>Go read Scaruffi's
What instrument does he play again?

youtube.com/watch?v=1iu4gqxWeYE
Here's what your favorite pop star actually sounds like. Pretty awful, isn't it? It's only passable with auto-tune and modern audio engineering practices.

Style

>In the same way that you would say you love an actor's movies.
I love Rufus Sewell's ACTING - not his movies, because he isn't a film director.

It is

>i dont like certain music

I cant even tell whose shitposting or not anymore. This is too much.

>I would fuck Taylor Swift and Lana del Rey

[citation]

Are you also going to claim that Interscope told her to write and star in a 27 minute meditation on the Garden of Eden and the nature of sin and redemption?

You don't know what autotune sounds like

See: Dan Auerbach, Paul Epworth, Lee Foster, Daniel Heath, Greg Kurstin, Rick Nowels, Blake Stranathan, Kieron Menzies, DK, Emile Haynie, Dan Heath, Tim Larcombe,Rick Rubin, Patrik Berger, Jeff Bhasker, Chris Braide, Justin Parker, Robopop, Al Shux, Jim Irvin, The Nexus, Mike Daly, Jessie Mae Robinson
Inside sources say this is wrong.

>when you wear shit ironically but you will never be able to have body ironically

>You don't know what autotune sounds like
You've surely proven that Lana Del Rey is an amazing live singer now. Good job!

it's just the waifufags man calm down

Yeah but why does it matter whose or how much work goes into it if I like the song?

I can like "Carly Rae Jepsen" as a project for different reasons, some she is responsible for (her voice, stylistic direction, probably some compositions) and some she isn't directly (recording, engineering, drum playing, etc.)

Where do we draw the line? Most bands don't engineer their records and have outside ears from their labels guide some or most of the stylistic choices. When does something stop being "manufactured" and more importantly why the fuck do you care if the song's good?

Not the guy you're responding to but why does playing an instrument matter?

The entirety of sirens and most of aka Lizzy grant. Like the whole albums.

>Not the guy you're responding to but why does playing an instrument matter?
Again, not the guy you're expecting a reply from, but given that she clearly isn't a good vocalist, maybe that would be something worth praising her for?

>Yeah but why does it matter whose or how much work goes into it if I like the song?
If you like the song, do you feel like you should examine the context and creation of it? Or do you just mindlessly take it for granted?
>Most bands don't engineer their records and have outside ears from their labels guide some or most of the stylistic choices.
That is no longer true due to the abundance of DIY and home studios and internet mediums of releasing music.
Why does having knowledge about what one is talking about matter?
Never heard of these albums, and are not listed on her discography

Here's a pic of OP

Show me one released track where Autotune is used, then

Realtalk: There are 2006 shows where she sounds fine and there are 2013 shows where she sounds heavenly. In 2012 she was deliberately trying to sing in a lower register way outside of her normal range and it sounded godawful until, I presume, her manager told her to cut that shit out

>they're not cherished by millions therefore they don't count.
Dude just go back to plebbit, if you want to hate popstars because that girl in your class didn't think your prog metal tastes were appealing then go ahead but do so in silence, nobody needs your cancer.

Sirens is listed under may jailer, and you're straight up retarded if you haven't heard of Lana del Rey aka Lizzy grant since she's getting spammed on moo every day now

Autotune or modern audio engineering practices, that's what I said. Pitch correction exists too. As well as time aligned guitars, drums, etc.

He was talking about Scaruffi though.. Totally irrelevant

>mfw every response to this post is pure ad hominem
Top kek, poptimists are pathetic. They can't come up with any real arguments.

>Totally irrelevant
A musician not being able to perform her own songs live without the aid of modern audio engineering pracitces is totally irrelevant?

>Dude just go back to plebbit
Not an argument. Try again.
>if you want to hate popstars because that girl in your class didn't think your prog metal tastes
When did I mention prog metal?
Again, I don't see either of those two albums. Not sure what to tell you, if the best you can do is two "albums" that no one has heard of.

Practices*

What Sup Forums says -
>"You should form your own opinions about music and come to your own conclusions"

What Sup Forums actually means -
>"If you don't like my shitty generic pleb taste then u must b a manchild nekbeard frum redit"

Man if we keep this kind of intellectual discourse up, this board might actually turn into a place where people discuss music.

Dude, I'm not making an argument, I'm stating my opinion and making fun of you. I should make fun of you even more since you clearly don't know how to use Google. Get fucking good lol

>What Sup Forums actually means -
>"If you don't like my shitty generic pleb taste then u must b a manchild nekbeard frum redit"
Shitposters exist, wow.

I do check out who recorded and played on my favourite albums but it won't change if I like them or not. The music speaks for itself.

If it's recorded well or I like the drums for example I'll go check out other albums featuring these people.

You're kinda right with the DIY studio bit but it still holds true for most "big" bands. I'd actually argue that doing everything yourself often creates worst music as it's very easy to forget/not hear some flaws if you've worked on your music a lot.

It takes really exceptional artists to pull it off and even then they might have been better served collaborating with others.

Wait what? This is not what I'm saying at all. The guy I was responding to was saying that the Scruff's criticism was invalid because he's not a musician, which is preposterous.

>Dude, I'm not making an argument,
Been nice taking to ya
>I do check out who recorded and played on my favourite albums but it won't change if I like them or not.
>The music speaks for itself.
That's fine, but then you need to admit you are not actually liking Lana Del Rey, but Dan Auerbach, Paul Epworth, Lee Foster, Daniel Heath, Greg Kurstin, Rick Nowels, Blake Stranathan, Kieron Menzies, DK, Emile Haynie, Dan Heath, Tim Larcombe,Rick Rubin, Patrik Berger, Jeff Bhasker, Chris Braide, Justin Parker, Robopop, Al Shux, Jim Irvin, The Nexus, Mike Daly, Jessie Mae Robinson. Will you admit that? I feel like you won't.
>but it still holds true for most "big" bands
Like who?
>It takes really exceptional artists to pull it off
Maybe we should be talking/listening to them instead of created popstars with daddy's money and a team of producers?
Why not? Would you see a surgeon who has never gone to med school?

>No Jacket Required
>awful

What is this board?

>Liking Lana Del Rey
What is this board?

>even then they might have been better served collaborating with others.
Pardon me for butting in, but this is one of my pet peeves: The key word here is MIGHT - you'd be just as right to say that someone who does regularly collaborate might have been better served NOT collaborating with others. It's a hypothetical point - it means nothing unless backed up with evidence.

>but then you need to admit you are not actually liking Lana Del Rey
Not that user, but you've got a false equivalency going in your argument here. Liking an entire record made by a group of people just means that your taste for the musical content contained therein goes back to everyone (INCLUDING the person whose name is officially on the cover) to at least some degree.

>Would you see a surgeon who has never gone to med school?
Music comprehension is a skill of the brain, not the hand.

>but you've got a false equivalency going in your argument here

Not really.

Do you see a Lana Del Rey thread poster here everyday, or a Lana Del Rey, Dan Auerbach, Paul Epworth, Lee Foster, Daniel Heath, Greg Kurstin, Rick Nowels, Blake Stranathan, Kieron Menzies, DK, Emile Haynie, Tim Larcombe, Rick Rubin, Patrik Berger, Jeff Bhasker, Chris Braide, Justin Parker, Robopop, Al Shux, Jim Irvin, The Nexus, Mike Daly, Jessie Mae Robinson thread posted everyday?

Think hard before you answer. And also remember that Max martin was originally a well-kept secret in the music industry.

Yes because doctors tend to be idiots?

Dear John
is the worst-written (text and score)
but it's also the most interesting because it's about John Mayer and not any boy band idiot who really like loved her

>liking music
What is this board?

You could just filter Lana threads if she makes you this buttblasted instead of sperging in a thread about "muh artistic credibility and integrity" that literally no one in this cares about since we're talking about pop music.

The reddit and liberal invasion ruined Sup Forums

>You could just filter Lana threads if she makes you this buttblasted
Ooops you meant to reply to Sorry about that!
>Instead of sperging in a thread about "muh artistic credibility and integrity" that literally no one in this cares about since we're talking about pop music.
Didn't read OP? That's what this thread is about. Maybe you and your ilk should respect others' opinions about music without resorting to
>fedora
>reddit
>rockist

What has this board become?

I still remember the time when I discovered Sup Forums and how I was intimidated by all the "obscure" music being discussed and how I thought I will never reach that level of patrician.

Now we have these waifufags that are no better than basic bitches liking boybands that basing their preferences based on the looks of the member.

waifufags purge when?

>implying Daniel Heath would be anything without LDR imdb.com/name/nm2552305/?ref_=nv_sr_1

She uses people to get the sound she wants and her lyrical and stylistic themes have been consistent for a decade; these are just continually-moving goalposts

>goalposts moved
okay we're done here, exit music for your way out youtube.com/watch?v=BP6qdC9IkEM
youtube.com/watch?v=WjDdqAWsLEk