Why did plebs hate this when it came out?

Why did plebs hate this when it came out?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadspin.com/the-hateful-life-and-spiteful-death-of-the-man-who-was-1737376537
io9.gizmodo.com/5977373/listen-to-the-real-undubbed-voice-of-ghostbusters-iis-vigo-the-carpathian
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody really hated it when it came out. The hate only happened when everyone on the internet became a movie critic overnight and it was hip to trash every film in existence. Mind you, it's not nearly as good as the original, but it's not as bad as the haters wish to think.

Because it was less better than the first one.
You can't top fighting an ancient sumerian goddess dressed in bubbles.

>everyone on the internet became a movie critic overnight and it was hip to trash every film in existence.
This is what sums up the internet which has ruined heaps of original gems that due to reviews, has caused everyone to hate it for no reason (star wars prequels for instance).

If Batman V Superman was released in the 90's, it would have gotten tons of positive reviews.

Because it's a shit sequel for a shit movie that didn't stand the test of time in any way.

It's bad.

Fuck anyone that hates it.

>star wars prequels

No, people hated those when they came out. I know you weren't alive when they were released but trust me kid.

It's way darker than the first one. Scarier too

Nah, you're just a tasteless pleb.

Why would you want to possess a baby anyway? Why not go for a young adult?

I'll agree with this. It's not as funny, but it makes up for it by throwing in more insane shit. The scenes in the subway tunnel were the stuff of nightmares when I was a kid.

I wasn't old enough to experience it when came out in theaters but I watched it as a kid all the time and thought it was great. Then I found out the cool thing to do was to hate it.

>WWWWWIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSTTTTTOOONNNNNNNNNNNN

>Why did plebs hate this when it came out?
As far as I know, the only people who hate this are try-hard redditors.

I hate the baby, Vigo, and Janosz. I hate their faces so incredibly much. Rest of the movie is fine though.

It's not bad but it's certainly nowhere near as good as the original. Turning Bill Murray into a cuck didn't exactly help things.

Bill Murray hates it, therefore his legion of penis leeches hate it too.

>tfw you had all your dialogue redubbed and no one told you
>tfw you found this out by going to the premiere

Yeah, but Murray is a pleb

overhyped cult shit

I've never heard of this. Is there anywhere I can read more?

>I know you weren't alive when they were released
I fucking grew up with them! And I absolutely cherished them.

I can understand younger kids nowadays watching the prequels and having nothing to relate to them. You had to have been a 90's kid to have gotten the magical feel of them.

If you were an adult who grew up watching the OT then I guess you wouldn't have gotten the prequel magic because your mind would be so fixed on the OT.

I was 11 when TPM came out. It was boring trash then and it's boring trash now. AOTC is an embarrassing mess as well.

deadspin.com/the-hateful-life-and-spiteful-death-of-the-man-who-was-1737376537

>in b4 deadspin

It's a well written and researched article

I love both movies, never been a hivemind pleb

Another

io9.gizmodo.com/5977373/listen-to-the-real-undubbed-voice-of-ghostbusters-iis-vigo-the-carpathian

Thank you

>Why would you want to possess a baby anyway? Why not go for a young adult?
Maybe you don't want to spend your whole possesion jerking off?

?

As opposed to going through puberty instead of by passing it? Just grab some 22-23 year old recent college art graduate. Way easier than a baby.

The cast was all men and we demanded them to all be female. We got extreme ghostbusters instead and were satisfied for a while.

>the part where the slime comes up through the tub
I was scared to take a bath for weeks

Child's Play pretty much, though Chucky wanted revenge on the kid more than anything. Just find someone new.

But still, why wait to become an adult when you can just grab some dumb young adult.

They already explored demonic possession of adults in the first movie. Have to amp it up and go for babies in the second movie.

Underage user confirmed.

The hate for the prequels didn't require the internet. It was a let down all around.

Please don't defend this movie. It's terrible.

It's just not as good as the first. It's memier, it's sillier, it lacks a certain creative spark that the first had. It's like going from Rocky straight to Rocky 4, Batman to Batman Forever. It's not the worst movie in the world, it's even watchable with a plot distinct from the first but it's a definite step down from the first.

It is not a meme that people find it inferior. That opinion predates the Internet.

That said, I'll take it any day over the upcoming joint.

The red letter media commentary track told me to hate it.

In no way is it sillier than the first other than maybe the first ten minutes.

You should watch the cinemassacre video on it so you can love it.

Kys murray is a saint!

Always loved it as a kid probably enjoy it still now, that ghost Titanic was creepy