Let's be completely honest here

Let's be completely honest here.

The first 13 minutes of this episode was the best GoT has ever been in terms of direction and editing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LPeIfSrngC4
youtube.com/watch?v=ECewrAld3zw
youtube.com/watch?v=AHz-zZoBnbc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would agree. This season wasn't 1/2 tier, but better than 4 and 5, I put it somewhere around 3. Trimming the fat should also tighten the narrative a lot next season, and they have made obvious improvements elsewhere.

Honestly, you're right. I don't even like the show all that much, it's just ok, but man, the director really, really stepped up this episode. Really cinematic. That opening was hype as fuck as it was so measured, mellow and self assured.

you were fooled by the pretty music. the editing wasn't any different than any other episode.

the editing in this bit was awful tbqh

by revealing the barrels so early there was no tension whatsoever

also, are they gonna bring that green shit out every time there's a really big problem?

That was pretty much all there was left.

the battle and the beginning of episode 10 was really fucking great, im really thinking that someone else wrote it but DD gave no credit

>there was no tension whatsoever
Of course there was tension. If Margaery would manage to get out in time before the whole place explodes.

Also: anyone have the webm of the explosion? That facial expression on high sparrow is the best

>>no tension whatsoever

Ignoring the buildup to the reveal of the barrels themselves, you had Pycelle's murder, Lancel crawling to and almost making it to the flames to stop them, Marg trying to get everyone out. Three instances of well executed tension with two directly related to what was already a big reveal after tension of its own. What kind of tourniquet fetishist are you that you need more than that?

It truly was, just ignore the wave of contrarians that are programmed to say it isn't because it is.

Its the best scene they have ever done, the choice of music just elevated it to greatness.

The entire episode was pure kino and anyone who says otherwise is a dumb contrarian.

>but muh illogical plot

Kino doesn't need logic. In fact, it's frequently required to go against it.

Hated the music. The piano was jarring and didn't fit the setting or feel of the series

Battle of the bastards and Watchers on the wall were much better

SOPRANOS DID IT

youtube.com/watch?v=LPeIfSrngC4

It was pretty jarring, but the song itself is pretty good.

I think the sequency where everyone got dressed up was pretty neat. Just bunch of people getting ready for their work on a very fateful day.

that episode was such bullshit, complete filler.

>The piano was jarring and didn't fit the setting or feel of the series

But that was why it had such an impact. It was so different and made the scene unique. A sort of requiem to the Sparrows, Tyrells and the old royal order.

There you go senpai

The Sopranos was a better show than GOT by almost every conceivable metric.

>Melly Sanders getting BTFO by Davos.
>That final talk between CIA and Sansa
>Jaime's "what the fuck" expression on returning to King's Landing.
>muh boats and dragons actually advancing the plot
>The pure kino of the Sept

10/10 episode.

Not at all. It was pleb bait.

It was a nice piece of music but the whole Phil Glass thing has been done before

lets not get ahead of are self , it was good by the last two series standards but lets not forget how mediocre its been recently

my exact thoughts.

I didn't know how they could improve after ep 9 but the beginning of 10 really outdid itself

Also the tower of Joy into Kingofdanorf was fucking amazing.

It basically wrapped up 6 seasons of Stark storyline in 10 minutes.
Bran becoming the ThreeEyedRaven and using his visions willingly for the first time, resolving Jons parentage (which is a big deal) and elevating Jon to the status of who he always aspired to be (Rob)

When they Kingofdanorf chanted and Jon stood up smiling I joined in the chanting whilst crying, utter emotional kino

Hipster approved opinion

Well Sopranos is the greatest TV series of all time.

>I joined in the chanting whilst crying

>The piano was jarring and didn't fit the setting or feel of the series

But that's where so much of the tension came from. That's like the definition of a good choice of music.

jesus fucking Christ this autist

Book fags

how does it feel having all these years old plot lines getting ruined by a sub standard tv show?

Not many people have mentioned it but some of the acting and line delivery for the King's Landing scene was really fucking good. Margery and High Sparrow especially. Plus Davos confronting Melly was God tier

Don't know whether they did days and days worth of takes or if Miguel can just get the best out of thr actors but everybody seemed on top form that episode

>It's a Ramin Djawadi watched Interstellar before scoring this episode episode

Okay, so maybe it was Watchmen or Koyaanisqatsi, but I'd bet all my money that him or whatever ghost composer did it has been drinking the Philip Glass kool-aid.

Yes they do have great actors.I thought Tommen was pretty good as well but he should have been younger

I'm a showfag and it feels really fucking shitty

D&D are retarded

feels pretty bad. It's not like I'm going to give martin any of my money ever again

as if Hans Zimmer and Philip Glass stuff wasn't overheard this decade...
Blaming Ramin just because he is the 101st composer who used a bit of that is really not fair.

autism

it was awful, the piano music felt way too modern, and was hilariously dramatic and over the top to the point where it removed all subtlety in the scene and felt like a music video.

op confirmed for pleb

That's a big library.

I thought it worked pretty well , The organ bit stole the show though

this, the first 13 minutes was the worst part of the episode

also what the fuck is going on with this shows music, we haven't had anything good REAL MUSIC with LYRICS since rains of castamere and one other song

youtube.com/watch?v=ECewrAld3zw

List of shit the stupid fucking show spoiled from us, bookbros

>Hodor hold the door
I still don't believe it to be true, its too retarded.
>Jon lives
I still don't believe it to be true, Melissandre is a shit tier priest in the books.

That's about it.

Things the stupid fucking show MAY have spoiled for us, bookbros, if TRUE:
>Children of the forest made the Others
This would be absolutely shitty if true. Hopefully it was the show's fanfiction.

Things that wasn't spoiled because everyone knew about it already
>jon's parentage

The rest of this season was already in the books or is literally irrelevant.

WHERE DA REAL MUSIC AT AMRITE XDD

>I joined in the chanting whilst crying, utter emotional kino

I have the theory that this happened because the entire sept scene will be the next big thing in the books, akin to the red wedding. The Gurm gave them a very detailed description of it because of its importance while only giving them very basic info on some key events from the unreleased book that lead up to the green sept.

If he reads all them books will he die?

Alfred Hitchcock, often considered the greatest in terms of building suspense would disagree with you.

his famous example involves a family eating dinner at a table with a bomb underneath. Is it more suspenseful interesting to have the bomb go off suddenly and the whole family dies? Or have the audience see the bomb even if the family doesn't making every move in and out of the room of a life or death situation. Tension is created entirely by revealing these things early on.

I think martin said that the hodor shit is different in the books. Anyway, I really hope we haven't received any major spoilers aside from the inevitable fact that we already know which characters will be irrelevant to the endgame.

RIP AEGON

cersei is burning the entire city, not just some shitty church.

Cersei in the books don't need to kill the priest either. Cersei is free, Loras isn't even in King's Landing, Mace isn't even in King's Landing, Maester Pycelle is already dead. Margery is a problem, but she has no reason to be in a church, she is free, her family is free, everyone is free.

So no, you are stupid.

So much this. No dialogue, sound effects, just light piano music with a sombre tone.

get'em every time

Oh yeah, I forgot about how the show spoiled us that Aegon is irrelevant.

Fuck the show. Aegon was my go-to man in the books.

>the organ
Felt like castlevania but I loved it

I'm always perplexed by the idea that people think TV shows can only tell narratives with dialogue. This is untrue, it's a film medium. There's many ways to tell stories with film that don't involve talking at all.

Calling something a "music video" is a null argument. Some of the best short films of the past 20 years have been music videos. What you think of the actual music itself is subjective, but I'd find it hard to argue that the music and the scene didn't flow together very well (they did.)

I'm so confused as to why this board punishes Game of Thrones for pushing the television medium, especially on a show where the story is so dependent on displaying a world not similar to our own.

We should reward film directors and writers for making television something more than glorified stage plays, not punish them for it.

This

This scene is a prime example when i like to explain the use of music in film/TV: youtube.com/watch?v=AHz-zZoBnbc

Note how the music creates a complete juxtaposition to all the amazing things DDLs character is saying.With out it we wouldn't be able to understand how sinister his real intentions are

>implying the music was good

Whole season was excellent. My only criticism, and probably everyone's criticism is the awkward portrayal of passing time in which characters seem to teleport around long distances.

Oh come on it was great

they fucked Dorne and the Iron Born and Braavos and Jamie's character development

>the music
Is this a meme? That shit was horrible and completely overbearing, it was like "hey something is about to happen can you tell???" That was the main problem with the episode.

>also, are they gonna bring that green shit out every time there's a really big problem?

Works for Bruce Banner.

I have not liked the show for years and I thought season five was straight garbage.

Having said that, this was an incredible season finale and immensely enjoyable to watch. An unironic 10/10. It was great watching the reactions in the stream with Sup Forums.

I listened to some of the soundtrack of GoT and it seemed unremarkable.

That was the point of the music you retard. It was great.

The audience and everyone already knew something was going to happen regardless of the music. The music was perfect.

it was pretty bad. Definitely not worse than the absolute catastrophe everyone had anticipated but still.

Do you know what overbearing means? The music was not necessary at all, it fucking sucked too and didn't fit the show, it sounded completely out of place.

season 2 was the worst one you pleb

There are actually fery few thing that were spoiled

> melissandra is actually an old whag
Oh colour me surprised I knew it as soon as i saw her reaching for the Jewels the only reason i was a the least bit surprised was because we saw her without the necklace in S4

> clegane live

Of course how else would we get a cleganbowl ?

> Cersei burn the city

Already heavily forshadowed with the tower of the hand and numerous other instance

> Stannis failure

Must be show only

> hold the door
Surely one of the best episode of the season so I dont care i got spoiled i Enjoyed it

> whitewalker children of the forest
Yeah whatever feels a little bit cheap

> Jon snow parentage
Lmao

> daenarys stupid brasero
Hopes it's something else in the book because that suck

> battle of mereen
will be much better in the book same for battle of ice

That's about it, s6 was once again without any surprise

felt like i was watching greys anatomy with that music

Jesuschrist the stupidity of this one is impressive.

The fact that it wasn't necessary and they show to make an epic song for it is what makes it good kinography.

It fits literally the entire scene perfectly. It makes you think "Wow, this isn't anything like before, what's happening, what's happening?"

It was fucking perfect.

Is this supposed to be bait or something?

What the fuck is a brasero?

I haven't re watched any of the other seasons since they came out but I believe this has been the most enjoyable.

I don't remember enjoying season 2 and 3 at all. This is the best.

You are already biting it so why not?

I didn't enjoy those seasons either, I was mildly entertained by this one.
due to how hilariously shitty everything is

That was the entire point of the scene. You're not pointing out some obscure, or unnoticed directing. Everyone knew immediately what was going on. It was deliberately done that way.
Fuckin hipster scum. You're not ahead of the curve.

You're a fucking normie.They fucked up every storyline they could,Pike,Children of the Forest,creation of whitewalkers and others that I can't remember right now.And funny thing is,this was not the biggest problem.

>implying you can tell on this board
Probably the most retarded board on this retarded forum, wouldn't be surprised if you were being serious.

>forum
>Sup Forums
You fit right in with your retarded comment!

He means Dany burning the Dothraki jerks. Brasero as in "blaze".

Lol good one! You are the righteous internet last word man, congrats!

You mean the pyre? Yeah let's hope that ain't happening in the books.

No, you are :^)

TIL there are people who think Jon is dead in the books.

if you read the books you would know there were caches of wildfire left by the mad king still sitting under king's landing

the moment that kid ran to the sewers I knew something was cooking

4 was a good season stop it

I think we imagined the wildfire just catching the city on fire. Not allahu ackbaring a massive building and surrounding neighborhood.

All it took this kid and Lancel were a few minutes of exploring some wide underground halls... how come no one else ever saw the hundreds of barrels filled with suspiciously green wildfire?

Do you live in a large city? Do you go down into the sewer system to explore? Do you know know everything that is going on in your city and know every secret?

>Old wildfire is 'fickle'; any flame or spark can set them off. Too much heat—such as being exposed to sunlight for even a short time—could lead to a fire. Once the fire begins, the heat makes the wildfire explode violently which can lead to a vast chain reaction. The more volatile jars of wildfire are transported from place to place only by night, in carts filled with sand to lessen jostling at all, and then sealed in wax and placed in rooms pumped full of water

It is bit like mixup of real life nitroglycerine and napalm. It blows up and starts fires, afaik the area around the Sept was mostly stone

she stole the fucking show
>yes! more margaery!
>suddenly dig
>dies

fuck the what?

Why haven't you kys yet?

I fully agree. Tommen's suicide was on of the most well done scenes in the entire series.

>Few minutes

wew lad its like you missed the whole joke behind teleportation meme

>>bring the green shit out every time there's a really big problem
>dany arrives
> I AM THE RIGHTFUL RULER OF WESTEROS
>fuck off
>surrender or I lay waste of kings landing
>how can you rule something that doesn't exist?
>qyborn do the thing
>whole kings landing engulfed in pig shit

there's barely any tension before the barrels, ya donkey. Once you see the barrels, the stakes escalate

Good work le contrarian memelord

It doesn't make any sense. Why lure Lancel down there? Why would Pycelle follow this beggar child?

Also, it just seemed better because there was no shitty dialogue, so DnD couldn't fuck up that much. All in all, it was just another scene where they chose action and "looking cool" over making sense.

Post cute Arya with sword and small eyebrows