When did you realize Sup Forums was dead?

chart babbies / new frogs need not reply if you've been here shorter than one year.

Post activity is like half of what it was this time two years ago and we're still discussing the exact same music we were five years ago.

Didn't occur to me that the board had been hijacked by underage posters until the Drunken Peasants thread a couple months ago.

RIP Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71463477#p71473531
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nEHFGMwfqNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

autists will say otherwise, but p4k being sold to Condé Nast i.e. the same company that owns reddit was the end of an era for independent music on the Internet.

I'm not saying they ever produced anything of value, but post quality jumped off a cliff after the acquisition. It's fucking unreal now.

I realized that Sup Forums stated having threads like this as far back as 2009.

It feels like something big changed in 2014. That was the last time the entire board got flooded when one big event happened, like DG breaking up.

I agree, but I'm not sure exactly what you would be speaking in regards to. It was certainly in that time frame and very particular to this board.

>babies first Sup Forums is dead post

>he goes to an korean basket weaving image board to have a ""serious"" discussion of music

>I starts thread about why I have bad times here.
>I will not starts thread to discuss music I am interested in

Weird

There's lots of reasons, but mainly it's because lots of Sup Forumsculture died that year. Listen-alongs got much less popular, trips went away, etc.. Sup Forums doesn't feel as "whole" as it used to.

Nobody is asking for discussion, just sincerity. It's impossible to distinguish between astroturf and Spotify shitheads with unironically awful taste. Even the humor here is fucking dogshit compared to a board like Sup Forums or even Sup Forums
>post literally anything outside the ~300 Sup Forumscore albums posted here everyday
>6 replies, 404 in two hours
Bizarre. Almost like this board has no interest in music.
We're talking about one board out of like seventy, you fucking idiot. Site data doesn't mean jack shit when Sup Forums and /r9k/ are so obviously in flux. See This board is absolutely dead.

Yeah, but if you're posting about stuff that isn't popular, how can you expect a ton of people to talk about it?

>
how new?

The idea behind public forum chan culture is to work as a collision / launchpad for various niche subcultures. What the fuck is the point in coming here if the music being discussed is the exact same as on a sight like reddit without even having a voting system in which the most bell curve content rises to the top?

There must be a musician out there who will bring on a new DIY-renaissance of raw talent. And I mean authentic DIY that isn't overproduced and doesn't feel like it's trying to make trendy music to put on during social gatherings and media approval like how it is right now.

I keep hoping, and every year it keeps not happening.

It's the Linux desktop or 1% libertarian popular vote at this point. It's just not gonna happen.

Why would I talk to you about a band you like when I've never heard them and have no point of reference as to what they are?

If I made a thread called "Hey Sup Forums, what do you think of Iron Curtain? I think they were pretty ahead of their time", would you stop in and see what I was talking about? Likely, you wouldn't because it doesn't grab your attention.

i hadn't been on here for like a year straight, i came back and saw that it was boring af and basically stagnant

Because you wouldn't present it that way, you fucking idiot.

You would bluetext 'Post Punk' and you would say you just discovered this cool band that only put out two EP's between '86 to '87 and everyone would listen and post their rare finds.

That's what a worthwhile thread looks like on a public forum, you mong.

Believe it or not, not every thread has to be JUST MARATHONED THE FIRST SONG, RED PILL MY WIFE' SON ON WHETHER HE LIKED IT OR NOT.
New frogs don't understand what this board was before. It's sad that it's fallen so far, but I guess nothing lasts forever.

Damn, man. Sorry nobody is looking at your threads. I don't know why you're so hostile. Maybe it's time you pack it up and move on from this place. No one else in our community seems to be having the issues you have.

Old trips are lurking. I know because they tell me about stupid shit they find on here.

Maybe it's wrong of me to expect the music board to give a shit about music that isn't spoonfed to them by sorting algorithms? I dunno. This is my first time here in roughly a year and it just pisses me off how apparent it is that no one gives a shit anymore.

You're right, though. I probably won't be coming back this time.

>our community
Daily reminder: this is the new Sup Forumscore.

I browsed this board for 2 years: enough time to build a better taste for [spoiler]patrician[/spoiler] music. Now, Sup Forums is too pleb for me, I filter half of the threads. And I'm really tired of shit memes.

>faggots will deny this
Sup Forums is just an extension of tumblr. That's all it has been the past couple years or so.

I've been making new memes tho

Prints

>New frogs don't understand what this board was before. It's sad that it's fallen so far, but I guess nothing lasts forever.

i mean everyone was already saying this when i was on here lol, but i did have some fun on here

i do miss mhhg though

You just can't appreciate any of those albums because you're too cool. If you looked beyond the surface and listened to some of them, I think you'd really dig what you are hearing.

Also, that says Crosleycore

I am a cross-board poster who has been on this site for a long time but never really post on Sup Forums and never frequent it
I have been coming to the board lately to discuss hip hop but Sup Forums taste is absolute dog shit and most of you are retarded

This guy gets it.

Inclusiveness / turnover is so high on this board that everyone with any intention of moving beyond canonical albums and into deep cuts eventually grows out of this place.

The reward is having found qualities you look for in music with trained ears and the means by which to refine your taste on your own.

What this fails to explain is how the Sup Forumsmor became so fucking awful. Other boards have only gotten better and more complex in this respect, but Sup Forums just gets more infantile and unfunny as the kind years go on.

I'm glad the trips have decided to stop using their trips. It's embarrassing to shout "look at me!" on an anonymous board. It's also embarrassing that you keep in touch with people outside of Sup Forums
Hip hop is retarded so, by default, you're retarded as well. It's like talking to retards about how retarded you are and being mad that they are retarded too

I just come here for the memes. I was listening to cool shit a decade before I even found this place.

Who said I do not appreciate ANY of those albums? It's just that most of them are derivative, marketable shit.

>not getting they are synonymous
Please.

>literal fucking poptimism
>Also, that says Croselycore
There's no way the person that posted this is older than eighteen.

>hip hop is retarded
how does it feel to be fairy boy?

You're right, I'm so ashamed of being friendly with people online that share similar interests with me and can turn me on to things I've never heard before. How embarrassing!!

I don't know man. You're the one who posted the picture.

You spelled Crosleycore wrong

How does it feel to be a walking stereotype? I see you everyday riding the subway with your earbuds in and your brown faux leather jacket and your fitted cap and your backpack full of shit and your beige boots, nodding your head and looking so serious.
I'm glad you understand what I'm saying. You're OK.

>>How does it feel to be a walking stereotype? I see you everyday riding the subway with your earbuds in and your brown faux leather jacket and your fitted cap and your backpack full of shit and your beige boots, nodding your head and looking so serious.
literally none of that describes me. meme on kid

how shitty is your life that you have to whine and bitch on an anonymous board?

Boom bap til death, my brotha. Stay positive

i only still come here to make bait posts

>FUCK YOU FOR WANTING POST CONTENT TO BE BETTER
hell yes

ebin

It's because these people don't post here anymore.

Remember when Sup Forums used to be purely a metal board?

Then the pseudo-hipster came along and brought in memes like neutral milk hotel and animal collective?

Half of them were annoying/shitposters as well.

Those goddamn thread-long AYI lists. Fuck that shit.

the flood of tumblrites shitting up every thread with muh pol

>meow hear me !roar

i miss him, very kind soul. he was troubled though, killed himself.

Bait

yep

hes right though

The flood of Sup Forumslites shitting up every thread with muh tumblr

cue

>What this fails to explain is how the Sup Forumsmor became so fucking awful. Other boards have only gotten better and more complex in this respect, but Sup Forums just gets more infantile and unfunny as the kind years go on.
couldn't have said it better myself. how do we fix this?

>how do we fix this?
You don't.

helpful.

>Iron Curtain
gaddam, good taste
Other than the hokey Anorexia song they were fantastic

Witchy still does. He's probably the only one left.

6 years ago.

Sup Forums is the training wheels of music taste. People constantly outgrow it and leave towards places like discogs or rateyourmusic where they can continue exploring. that is why only the same set of Sup Forumscore albums is talked about, it's all new people just discovering them

i myself only come to this shithole for lavren threads and unty

This

But it's only fitting us oldfags / patriarchs stick around to post b8 threads and shitpost to facilitate the barriers of access to these retarded neo-Sup Forums kiddies.

Hmm imo Sup Forums is nothing like it was 6 years ago. I'd say sometime around 2010-2012 was its prime. Sup Forumscore was a real thing and collective effort and there was endless discussion about all kinds of music all day. Vaporwave, shugazi, black metal, hip-hop, jazz, Japanese music, the list goes on.

>see thread
>lol someone is grouchy
>arrived consensus: yeah, Sup Forums is dead, but it has been for a long time
What are you even saying? Fuck you guys.

Shugazi wasn't a thing until 2015. Discussion was shallow as fuck and suffered from the same "list goes on" tokenism that it does today.

cringe

"Kpop general"

This.

>mfw I see them covering Katy Perry and Bieber

Ahahahaha

>p4k is the only source of independant music online
Leave Sup Forums occasionally holy shit

>p4k going under new management
>poptimists everywhere
>memerap everywhere
>Fantano getting shittier and only reviewing music that will get him views

Is there anything else?

That musician already exists

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71463477#p71473531

- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production

What's changed is everyone is so angry about their opinions now
Everything is team vs team
Poptimists vs pol
Electronic vs rock
Grimes fans vs everyone else

Even if you go into a general it subdivided even further
Check out bleep these days, embarrassing self-eating thread 'culture'

instead of sharp irreverent humor we now have nasty stereotypes
Everything is name calling and labelling the opposition

Why are we all so angry all the time now?
I don't think it's just new posters I think it's more like troll farms fucking up all the threads with race shit and whatever

I still come here but way less often now and it seems much worse each time

it's the times we live in. politics n sheit. we're careening towards WW3 tbqh.

>I don't think it's just new posters I think it's more like troll farms fucking up all the threads with race shit and whatever
Oh yeah, and I guess Trump supporters who find the need to insert Trump into every thread like he's somehow relevant are also shitting up the board.

>Trumpwave

Cringe.

I'm just glad I came here when I did and got from you fags whatever I could get. I became a patrician in all the time spent lurking and now I never have to look back.

As much as I want to be a dick about it though I really love this board. I love the memes.

the only time i saw trump baiting was right after the election, now i mostly see "what's some music for [insert dumb antifa shit here]".

pitchfork was always bad but it wasn't as bad as it is right now. i'm so fucking tired of seeing nonmusical articles popping up. i don't care that twin peaks is coming back, i don't care that MDE show got cancelled, i don't care about ways to support planned parenthood or the march. tell me what who is going on tour or announcing an album, or at least what kanye is getting up to on twitter if they must publish this pop journalism shit to make it tangentially music related.

But you do care about all of those things
Otherwise you would not have posted about it

>new means being here for less than a year
t. guy that has been here for just under two years and the shine has started to wear off for

It's still bait even if it makes you angry
Especially if it makes you angry

No one I know cares what pitchfork are doing at all, no one is getting bent out of shape over MDE, they just scroll past the headline like a normal person

I liked the emo days of 2011-2012, those were the days where I could just get a shit ton of music I haven’t ever heard of from one thread and it’ll all be good.

Back then no one gave a shit about what genre the other person listened to and labelled em a cuck or keked at all, the only people who got even bullied a little was the metal heads. Everyone was just more open minded and focused on sharing music and exploring stuff they didn’t know. I even ended up making friends off of Sup Forums and just felt all round good

That's complete bollocks.

Genre wars have existed since indiefags arrived in 2008.

It's been going on since before the election.

last.fm is shit now so that's not helping anything

yeah but it was never this bad, people didn’t ever get this hostile.

The emo days were great. I remember when Dads were pretty much Sup Forumscore at a certain point.

>Tfw still use last.fm recommendations
Could do without all the covers that crop up though

>what were the endless indie VS metal threads

The only reason it's moreso now if true because there are more people with different tastes than ever. Back then hip hop, bleep, jazz and classical fans were in the minority.

Waifutard shitters are best ignored regardless.

12-14 were the worst years of Sup Forums it might be less active but it's better overall.

What was even the point of coming back to Sup Forums any point after 2013? Album leaks and events don't get covered here. New music falls flat here. The community and culture are dead here. This place helped shape my taste and now it just feels like a waste.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nEHFGMwfqNA

like does anyone even remember the password for this tripcode

it's weird to think of how many of these I strongly remember

>>autists will say otherwise
>p4k is the only source of independent music online
Nobody is saying this but you, dumbfuck.

It was definitely the preeminent landing zone at one time.

>
Don't know what you're talking about, dude. I've been here since 2012.

>all these rose-tinted glasses

Doesn't get more real than this.

The only reason you would still post here is for reasons besides music i.e. the people still posting b8 threads and Grinsfags / /kpg/, or people too autistic to even contemplate leaving.

Turn back. This board is irrefutably dead.

I sincerely think Grimesfags and /kpg/ accelerated whatever death of board culture has occurred in a huge way.
>JUST FILTER THE GENERAL, RETARD LOL
That doesn't change that you have to share a board with the same people that do that.

>When did you realize Sup Forums was dead?
when deathgrips started shilling themselves to death and consequently became the board's house band. also tying it to retarded concepts like 'Sup Forumscore', vaporwave and shit like that

>What this fails to explain is how the Sup Forumsmor became so fucking awful. Other boards have only gotten better and more complex in this respect, but Sup Forums just gets more infantile and unfunny as the kind years go on.
i suspect this has to do with the fact that Sup Forums is inhabited mainly by insecure children who didn't get the memo that 'music taste' isn't a measurement of cool anymore, thanks to the >objective meme and 2010 internet culture razing all hierarchies in that respect. this is the only space they can still appear superior to others by virtue of what you listen to — notice how there's always a cringe thread up somewhere

Maybe we can do something about it since a lot of us in this thread are old fags can't be just start updating the board with new happenings and input more into the share threads, I know I'm gonna get a sour reply to this but still I really loved Sup Forums I would have grown to be a complete pleb if I didn't decide to leave Sup Forums forever and lurk Sup Forums.

Also lurk more rule that used to be practiced on almost all boards really helped Sup Forums as a whole

These retarded threads have been going on since 2008, either like the board as is or fuck off.

You know goddamn well I'm checking those dubs.

But anyways, this. Turnover rate is what ended up killing Sup Forums. There's no provided incentive for people who have been posting for longer to stick around when everyone here is just discovering the Sup Forumscore chart.

neo-Sup Forums stakes serious capital in the music it consumes and it's no joking matter. Similarly toxic / hostile boards will have some good-natured comedy relief facet interspersed with the regular shit to make it fun for everyone, but that's completely gone from here.
All this could possibly culminate in is more generalposting, the ultimate chan cancer.

We could form a /daily/ alternative, but I think it's suffice to say it wouldn't really change anything about the culture of this place.

You on Twitter, fäm?

/kpop/ has been a thing since 2008