Hey medfags

Hey medfags,
What the fuck is happening to my thumb.

Medfag here
Diagnosis: fucked up
Treatment: amputate on chaturbate

What kind of retard asks Sup Forums for medical advice?

could be psoriasis

why not? Sup Forums has some good people, who are glad to help. Only fags asks "why do people posts this but not this"

Had the same thing happen once with my ring finger. Now one side of the nail is permanently detached. Fucking sucks, I tell you. I wonder if I could get it reatached. I should probably ask my GP.

Shit's a whitlow.

Probably a fungal infection. Go get some meds, Remember those commercials about people having yellow toe nails. It looks pretty yellow to me.

You nail has started to mold, which has caused it to start peeling off the side of your thumb,

Solution: Amputation

You must be new here.

topical clotrimazole twice daily for three months

You're already dead, dude.

diagnosis: thumbernail cancer
solution: anhero

Nail funguhs.

Holy Shit That Looks Bad

Actual Medafg here. You most likely have Human Papillomavirus, aka, hpv, aka, an std that may turn into cancer. I would recommend you take that shit out, or go to your doctor and have it taken out by professionals.

What the fuck is it though?

Maybe he can stand in line with the 13 year old girls waiting to be vaccinated

Looks kinda like toenail fungus(?).

Op already has it so a vaccine would be pointless

Happens when the side of the nail gets infected because you rip that little piece of skin out.

I didn't get vaccinated till I was 18. Jesus fucking Christ...

that diagnosis makes less sense than this one try again "medfag"

He's just trying to scare you. HPV is very, very common so it's an easy scare tactic. Yes some people get cancer from it, but guess what, some people get cancer from breathing our semi-toxic air. Some people get cancer from toothpaste from the fluoride. Some people get cancer JUST CUZ.

OP here,
So is this thing worthy of a doctors visit or can I just take care of it myself?

Hey op do you bite your nails?

I used to have the same problem and you can take care of this yourself. The yellow shit is pus and honestly I used to scrape it out with a small screwdriver. You should really stop biting your nails if this is the case, because sometimes when you the skin the saliva in your mouth is what's infecting it

Not a medfag just had the same problemo

Hard to be sure because the photo is crap (the table top is in focus instead of your thumb. Learn to photo). But it looks like nail psoriasis, fun fact psoriasis manifesting on your nails means you have a higher probability of developing psoriatic arthritis in the long term and that shit is not fun. Note in particular the little indents (termed 'pits'), looks like you may have something similar but the lack of focus makes it hard to say.

>worthy of a doctors
How valuable is 15 minutes of your time?

Soak your hand in hot water, as hot as it can get before you actually burn yourself. Let it sit for around half an hour and do this once or twice a day. Make sure to use a clean bowl & water and the problem should clear up (hopefully) try this for like a week and if it doesn't btfo go seek actual medfag help

You have a minor fungal nail infection. It's caused by the same group of fungi which cause athlete's foot.

It can be treated easily by many over the counter antifungals, but unlike athlete's foot, the administration has to be oral, as the nail is an effective barrier against topical treatment.

TL;DR: You need antifungal pills.

Satan trips, nice!

Nail psoriasis looks like a drop of oil beneath the nail. It doesn't usually cause scaling or flaking as he's seeing.

Soak your thumb in a shot glass of hydrogen peroxide. It will start fizzing as it dissolves the pus and kill bacteria.
Used to bite my nails when I was a kid and had this until the nail fell off. Came back fine.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I but this nail. I actually tried scraping the shit out with a knife, but it's just not happening.
Nice fun fact.
Just trying to get a feel of how severe this could get.
I suppose trying that wouldnt hurt.
Anti fungal pills it is

On the advice of the hot water remember to add salt since salt can remove bacterias, I had the same problem in my toe nails

>Just trying to get a feel of how severe this could get.
Well the doc is a trained professional, he will take into account all your symptoms and make an educated diagnosis

here on Sup Forums we're just crapshooting man

Truth.

The medfag who told him he needed antifungals is me, and some of the posts here are very amusing.

Pro-tip: Peroxide isn't a disinfectant. The fizzing it is being destroyed by catalase.

You're right man, I might as well get it checked out, it'll only help me.

>trying to get a feel of how severe this could get.

if it's just a fungal thing (which it looks a lot like, to me), worst case scenario is the nail falling off and then regrowing. More likely it'll sit around that area (most of those kind of fungi are fairly slow-growing).

Like a couple of others have said, over-the-counter antifungals should clear it up. To be fair, there are a lot of creams that would work, too, if you could get some underneath the nail (if you were particularly averse to the pills), but the pills will definitely clear it up.

Side note - most people who get these sort of fungal infections experience recurrence even if one particular infection is completely cured. Getting such a fungus once likely indicates that your microbiome is well-enough suited to their growth that others will take up residence, given an opportunity. Just something worth knowing, so if you get another flare-up of this or athlete's foot or something, you know what's happening.

Honestly just looks like dead skin and puss. Did you have an ingrown nail or have you recently cleaned your nails too roughly?

My big toe does that when I have an ingrown nail. Anti bacterial spray or lotion should be fine. It clearly needs to be hydrated.

Great detailed reply, user. I'll try the anti fungal pills.
Doubt I have an ingrown nail. There's no pain or anything, just some shit that's under my nail