youtube.com/watch?v=2-FjO3E8K-E
youtube.com/watch?v=w7grH7rfRyc
youtube.com/watch?v=433S3tuuB94
youtube.com/watch?v=v0s2dg1fFTo
youtube.com/watch?v=AQktvGq-V9c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What order would you put these in?

Current: Volume, Wah, Comp, Rat, Octave, Delay, Reverb, Looper

That's the way I would do it too. Some put the compression after distortion but I like it better before.

Does anyone know how he's making the feedback sound like this at 2:40

youtube.com/watch?v=n17zT_EFHdU

>clyp.it/msuxe402
trying my hand at mathrocky mixing. too loud or no?

It's a bit heavy on the compression.
What's more pressing is how thin and digital the guitars sound

Hes covering with his hands and singing really close into the vocal mic making it feedback

Probably standing right next to a really loud speaker, too. Just cupping isn't enough for that

I would do something like that for a typical setup, though I would probably put the looper before the delay and reverb, otherwise you're going to have some weird cutout things going on with those effects in your loop.

But I also like straying from the conventional order. I've gotten some really cool sounds putting a reverb in front of a distortion pedal.

what are THEE essential pedals?

Talk box only

an eq after the compression is also top tier tone tip

what guitar is that

Pagelli Massari Super Deluxe Archtop
About $30,000
Must be some bitchin' tonewoods in that sucker

well shit

know any good jazz boxes that are under 4,000?

That is a good tone tip. Thanks!

>tfw your guitar wasn't cut in the right moon season

youtube.com/watch?v=AJNvtRdZhHY

This shit is ridiculous

No, you need at least $20,000 to get good jazz toan

80% of tones in the fingers man

Tell that to the moon seasons

lmffaoooo

whats that

I want one

youtube.com/watch?v=H8dKIDM8AgI

Only $1300

what the everloving fuck is that

I know what you're talking about with the cutoff, but it's not a big problem. I can trigger the loop on and off whenever I want, it doesn't automatically cut the input sound when it hits the start of the loop. In theory I could have a reverb that lasts for 3 loop lengths, and it would sound pretty natural.

Post some nice playing
youtube.com/watch?v=PILag2Oj3Ns

youtube.com/watch?v=E1diPEy9XR0

looking to get a new solid-state amp

how does /gg/ feel about the laney nexus sls bass amp?

it's 500 watts, under $600 and I love the tone

or is there another good amp like the pf500, rh450 or markbass stuff?

I have the PF500 (with matching 210 cab), and it's pretty good. Gets you a sterile Ampeg tone, until you crank up the gain. It has it's own kind of flavour. If you're shopping used, make sure it's a newer release model. The first few batches are unfixable pieces of shit that shut down if someone even looks at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=vmyh_BTMHUA

What's the name of this A chord?

Gay A

Asus4

A#lmao420

lol

thanks for the heads up. I actually did read that the first batch of amps coming out of the new amp factory in asia or some shit were huge duds.

and those 2x10 cabs are gorgeous. right now I have a 1x15 orange cab it's pretty good but man if I end up getting another cab to stack the orange with, it's going to be that pf210he.

I've play the pf500 at the store. sold little amp, I like it just wondering about that laney since not a lot of places carry them and committing to buying something without trying is hard for me. seen videos though and I love me that vintage english heavy mid tone like those early hiwatts. weird how I always end up cutting my mids in my eq at practically zero and even then I still enjoy that british tone.

For me it's the NS-2 and TS9

No problem. That 1x15 orange has gotta be heavy, tone-wise.

The pf210he is a life saver for small gigs; the inside is hollowed out and has a loop of velcro to hold cables in.

A suggestion for the mids would be getting something like a Sansamp VT Bass amp (not the pedal, they make a rackmount amp). It can get that grindy tone easily. And switch to tapewound or flatwound strings to compensate for the lack of a low end.

good suggestion. but just the rack mount? I'm so bad with racks don't know too much about them I get their the preamp of a regular amp but I mean I'm horrible in setting those things up in a proper rig, so would I run with a 500 watt or they need a bigger power amp?

shit forgot they had a 500w amp
>pic related
sounds great and very versatile

eww

How much should I sell a lightly used Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe for?

Eastman makes a line of guitars designed by Pagelli, they're pretty cool. If you're willing to spend $4000 though I would just buy an Elferink, I'm actually saving up for one myself.

Is a PRS Mark Tremonti Custom good for metal as well as hard rock? Want to play both genres and I fucking love Alter Bridge

>I fucking love Alter Bridge

Why senpai?

They're like buttrock for people with taste

You mean Avenged Sevenfold?

Uuuh, that's called Stoner Rock/Metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=2-FjO3E8K-E

>You mean Avenged Sevenfold?

Don't even fucking joke

>implying this song isn't a masterpiece

youtube.com/watch?v=w7grH7rfRyc

Ooooh I see. This is their "we've been listening to Prog!" album. Sorry but it's hard to call something a "masterpiece" when it sounds like shit that bands have been doing for over 30 years.

Also his voice is as shit as always

The masterpiece part was a joke but I do think it is a pretty good song and I enjoyed the whole album. Lighten up.

>Sorry but it's hard to call something a "masterpiece" when it sounds like shit that bands have been doing for over 30 years.

Says the guy who just posted a video of a band obviously aping the sound of Black Sabbath.

Daily reminder that every A7X song sounds the same

>Says the guy who just posted a video of a band obviously aping the sound of Black Sabbath.

I didn't claim it was a masterpiece though. I was simply implying that it's passable buttrock.

>every band's song sounds the same because they all use guitars with distortion

>uses the term buttrock seriously
Kill yourself and stop being a cancer to these boards you faggot.

>uses the term buttrock seriously

That was the other posters term though. I was just responding with better music.

Gates knows one scale only and their vocalist sounds the same on every track. He's got David Draiman syndrome

I just don't get what you're saying. The vocalist sounds like himself?

He has the same delivery on every song and not much range. It gets boring.

I'd say these two songs sound pretty different in terms of vocals:

youtube.com/watch?v=433S3tuuB94

youtube.com/watch?v=v0s2dg1fFTo

I'd put the volume last to be able to cut potential noise from the pedals (if you want lower input for the effects, use the volume pot on the guitar). Using the wah after the distortion or octaver could also be interesting. Put the looper before the reverb.

Perhaps this is a better example than Coming Home:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQktvGq-V9c

and template.
share yours

How do you like the roland synth, worth it?

need to update it with my Vox VT40x and the few pedals i bought.

Hopefully soon i can afford a new guitar

Why?

Not bad actually. It's great when you dedicate the time/effort to play within that style of music.
Also updated the image a little.

I can understand replacing the bridge but the neck too?

What do you think about GarageBand /gg/?

Who came up with this retarded mounting mechanism for humbuckers? Free floating with 2 points of contact, great, so the entire thing can pivot along that axis. Seriously, what the fuck?

I didn't get a single (you) for my new guitar...

Been thinking of trading in a Minarik I have sitting about for something else at ye olde local guitar shoppe. But I'm a bit on the fence about it desu... I don't hate it. It's just that I don't play it as much as my other one.

I know someone who actually bought one.

I tried to talk him out of it to no avail - mainly cos I know the novelty will wear off sooner rather than later and he'll trade it for a huge loss

here you go, user

happy ngd

I've been playing for 9 years but I've never bought a pedal. Where do I start? Big muff + dunlop wah?

What tuning do you use with these 12-60 strings?

hey /gg/, i just bought a single-coil tele after years of using a humbucker les paul clone. i love single coil tone but i'm kind of tired of the hum. are noise gates worth it?

Don't

Why?

Volume -> Reverb -> Delay -> Compressor -> Rat -> Octave -> Wah -> Loop

What do you guys think of Jack Daniels strings?

Pedals are gay

>tfw brazilian

Can anyone help me identify this guitar?
It was handed over to me so I could do some work on it, and the Routing under the pickguard was so bad it seemed hand made.
Any ideas? The fret inlays are just stickers, but I cannot identify the headstock for the life of me.

Second photo

dude is that your fucking room?
>those shitty pentagrams
>meme arrows, implications
>anarchy symbol
wow, are you literally in poverty?

Peavey predator

Shut the fuck up. A Predator is WAY better then that piece of shit

Just above it actually, those were drawn by a bunch of my friends when I was 15 on my birthday, it was a shit birthday I actually have a photo of me all sad and shit when I used to have my fro.
While that seems close, the headstock still doesn't seem to match any predators I can find online, maybe it's an older model?

So you've played that guitar? How do you know it's a piece of shit? Fuck you moron.

Peavey predators are pieces of shit anyways you fucking dweeb there's a reason you can get them for $100 any day of the week. They fucking suck.

You wouldnt know a good guitar if a Gibson broke its head stock off in your faggot ass

I actually have had a Gibson headstock break off in my ass. Felt great.

Peavey predators suck cock

Considering whoever owned that guitar sanded the logo off, it isn't too big of a leap to assume they sanded the headstock down some too.

No idea what it is though, but with a bolt on neck strat does it really matter?

i think weezer (rivers coumo) is the greatest guitar composer ever.

nothing you say will change my opinion

How do I sing while playing? It's so fucking confusing, do you guys practice this in a specific way?

>new pedals arriving in the mail today and tomorrow

Let's settle this once and for all /gg/ bros, does guitar get you chicks?

>Let's settle this once and for all /gg/ bros, does guitar get you chicks?
Clearly doesn't get you any. Also that guy is a literal buttrock wanker.