Edgy opinion thread, post your hottest takes here

Edgy opinion thread, post your hottest takes here

- Bruce Springsteen is a blatantly better songwriter than Dylan. Darkness on the Edge of Town, Nebraska and Born in the U.S.A eviscerate albums like Blonde on Blonde. Springsteen is like Dylan if Dylan gave a single fuck about anything

- Overall, the 80's were the best decade for music

- You Want it Darker > Blackstar

- Everything Lou Reed touched apart from the VU's self-titled third album was trash, also fuck Lou Reed in general, I'm glad he's dead

- Mike Patton's legacy is limp bizkit, ha ha

- DMX > Death Grips

- Nirvana peaked with Bleach

I agree with all of this except I think the 70's had better music.

are you saying nirvana sucks in general or that bleach is better than their other two albums?

I mean I like Bleach the best

you're right about Springsteen and Dylan, thats for sure

the other stuff.....maybe

>Everything Lou Reed touched apart from the VU's self-titled third album was trash, also fuck Lou Reed in general, I'm glad he's dead
I've never really met anyone with strong negative opinions about Lou Reed, can you elaborate as to why you don't like him or his work

joanna newsom is a grotesque jewess who can't sing

Charlie don't surf and I don't think he should

TOO BUSY SUCKIN' ON A DING DONG

Limp Bizkit > Morbid Angel

I honestly find the abrasive stuff the VU is most acclaimed for to be profoundly overrated. You want harsh, dirty, rock n roll music? Just listen to some fucking Link Wray or Hasil Adkins, at least then you don't have to deal with the pretentiousness.

As for Reed himself, dude was a complete dick, a racist, wife beating, deluded egotist.

>- Mike Patton's legacy is limp bizkit, ha ha
this is the first time an opinion on Sup Forums has genuinely upset me.

it's not really an opinion
the opinion is to think that reflects bad on him, and imo no because

pic related

Berlin is a masterpiece

not 'blatantly', but i could see how someone could think that, it's just preference at the end of the day.

debatable, but better than 60's and 70's for sure

agree

just wrong, lou's solo stuff is pretty great.

don't care

agree, death grips is pretty shit

OP triggered me so hard I'm literally shaking

-Everything post Selected Ambient Works 85-91 WITH THE EXCEPTION of Windowlicker are tripe

-Shoegaze was not popular at the time because Grunge killed it

-Flying Lotus is among the best producers around and You're Dead was terrible with the exception of Coronus The Terminator

-Neon Indian is the patrician Owl City

-Within and Without is the best Washed Out record

-Animal Collective are a meme and the solo artist works are superior to the band as a collective

-Since I Left You is overrated, but still good

SAW 85-91 is clearly his worst major album

Musical Miracle is the patrician Owl City

Grimes' experimental stuff is bland and boring. Her best work is her slightly edgy pop stuff like kill v maim.

this is more relevant for me