courtney love killed him

it was nerve gas

Suicides more likely

chiba fucking did it.

what would he be doing now anons?
his final albums were fantastic, he showed no sign of having past his peak

she actually looks like a good person in that pic

That wasn't the one that allegedly killed him, it was an Asian

he would've gone full-aggro and that paired with his amazing songwriting would've been fucking amazing. that was his problem really (as it was with sparklehorse) he was clearly full of fucking rage but he kept going down the quiet rage path.

assisted suicide

no shit i know what courtney looks like i'm saying she uncharacteristically looks like a good person in that pic.

yeah basement on hill was showing that side already
d i s t o r t i o n

was sad really. i think he needed someone to really push him go to balls out. maybe its a stretch but he might've even lived.

I'm not entirely sure that girl is Courtney. The image was passed around some Elliott Smith blogs, but none of them actually have a source for it other than she kind of looks like her. Also, Courtney was slightly taller than Elliott, and that girl looks shorter in the picture.

nah that's courtney

I legit like Courtney's music.

>several inflicted stabs to the heart
>somehow it was suicide

hm.........

Mike Doughty (of Soul Coughing) collaborated with Elliott a bit before his passing and said that he was starting to show a real interest in making EDM music.

spin.com/2014/01/elliott-smith-edm-mike-doughty/

also there weren't any hesitation marks, I think it's fairly obvious he was murdered

that's actually my second favorite elliott smith. i love the distortion

Not only that, but the coroner report noted marks on his arm that could have defensive wounds.

Suicide via murder? Assisted suicide?

Love how people all of a sudden become forensic examiners in these threads.

It was very obviously suicide.

Gross

>mocks others for making claims on their own whether it was suicide or not
>makes definitive claim on the subject

Am I being baited?

>depressed junkie kills himself
>it was MURDER @@!!!!!!!!@@(@(@*I!!!!!

Most suicides by self-stabbing involve multiple stabs.

Elliott was getting strung out all the time. He was the kind of guy at the time whose relationships were where he got his self worth. In the heat of a fight or possible break up and with his deep depressive anger he often took out on himself I don't find his suicide far fetched.

>Love how people all of a sudden become forensic examiners in these threads.

Plus it's better for the sad artist narrative if he killed himself. It's better for his suicidal fanbase to relate with a guy who actually went through with it. You can't relate with being murdered. The only type of person who ever wants these cases to turn out to actually be murders are conspiracy nuts.

Anyone have a MEGA/mediafire/zippyshare link to the expanded edition of either/or?

>i'm going to accuse an innocent person of MURDER because i like elliott smiths' shitty music and there is NO WAY! he would have done this !!!! >:)

>You have to choose definitively one or the other based on your personal opinions despite not being qualified since you don't know any of them in person or are an actual forensic examiner

Oh, I was being baited. Never mind.

loved this

No seriously I hope you die in a car crash. You're a piece of shit.

Ok tough guy. I love in Maryland. Where do you live? I will meet you halfway anywhere and clobber you like the minced meat you should been packaged as when you popped out of that pitbull's twat. Fuck you right back you weakling. It's criminal of you to assume you have the stones to tell me I should die. No. Fuck you. If I ever see you irl, and I just extended you an open invite, I will beat you within an inch like I was a Made guy and you were some punk late on his payments. Schmuck.

cringe

Suicide

Yeah that's what I thought. All bark when a real dog comes out of the shack. Damn stupid little nothing. Who were you trying to fool anyway? With your tired tough guy bullshit. You childish negro. Go Fuck yourself up and down alphabet street before I force you into a nice condo in Hell with Elliott Smith as your tenet.

This thread is actually hilarious now

it was obviously a murder. anybody who thinks it's a suicide either hasn't read up on the facts or is suffering from clinically-approved retardation.

he was killed by a drug dealer.
what happened was, he kept going back on drugs and getting clean cold turkey and it'd fuck with his system. and he was always in debt because of drugs.

so basically what i think happened is, he was hiding from a dealer for some time because of his money issues. dealer comes by the house, dealer hears the commotion coming from inside elliott's home, came in through an open backdoor or something, stabbed elliott and ran out the house. elliott was living in LA so this is more likely than you think.

HEY HEY
I WANT TO FLY AWAY
TO M A L I B U

cringe

Was he suicide or disappear??

he probably deserves to be crowned the most moronic fuck of rock and roll.

>I’m not really worried what people think about me. Because I judge myself harsher, and on more strict terms, than they ever could probably.
~Richey Edwards, 1994

no shit of course he doesn't care. he offed himself, was in one of the most invalid bands in history, and carved shit into his arm to impress the invalids that are his fans.

>On love: “Whenever I’ve got close to having any kind of relationship at all I know it’s kind of fraudulent, because I still find other people attractive. That’s why I’ve never had a fucking girlfriend.”
(Richey Edwards, 1994)

this is genuinely true for me tbqh

shallow bastard in a shit band what a revelation

>implying love isn't about staying faithful despite the fact that you find other people attractive

or maybe i'm just very naive

>“I think we’re romantic people in some ways, but when it comes to relationships it’s not a question of ‘Can you trust another human being?’, so much as a question of trusting yourself. The animalistic nature of man seems to mean that you’re bound to find another people physically attractive. And there’s something dishonest about shutting those feelings off - it seems puritanical to deny yourself that. The idea of sin is still so widely pervading.”
― Richey Edwards

you are naive but not in the way that you think.
real love doesn't involve feeling the need to stay faithful, other people just don't even cross your mind. it doesn't last forever but it's real and maybe it could for some people.
all this staying faithful because you "have to" is just an attempt to make a boring transanctional relationship more than what it is.

>The idea of sin is still so widely pervading.

well no shit. there's no virtue without sin.

What an edgelord this guy was

Sure it is m8

>I worked hard… Got to university, spent all my time in the library, never missed a lecture. All the time in the bar there were people who were, like, ‘I ain’t made one lecture this term. I’m so outrageous.’ …I think if you miss two or three lectures on the trot you should be fucking thrown out. Or drowned
— Richey Edwards

>the guy who wrote most of the lyrics to The Holy Bible and carved '4 REAL' into his arm is an edgelord

Color me surprised

>We are the scum that remind people of misery. When we jump on the stage it’s not rock ‘n’ roll cliche but the geometry of contempt. We don’t display our wounds, we shove them in people’s faces. We are the decaying flowers in the playground of the rich. We are young, beautiful scum, pissed off with the world.
— Richey Edwards, 1989

the difference is production is also due to it being finished by other people after he'd died