The Capekino Meme Has Gone Too Far

Wait...we're all just memeing, right? You guys don't ACTUALLY believe that this grimdark, depressing, joyless, pretentious, le christian allegory, tryhard nonsense is actually good, right?

This is one of the worst comic book films ever made. Yeah, it has some pretty scenes, but it's a terrible chore to watch, and everything is just so fucking dour and sad. Not to mention Zack Snyder turned Superman into Doctor Manhattan. No one wants to see their Superman going around making quotes about existential dread. Superman is about hope in the face of adversity. Don't even get me started on Batman aka Murderman..Batman's no kill rule is crucial; it's the reason he's so interesting, he sticks to his morals. He can be corrupted. He NEVER kills because he knows that if he did he wouldn't be any better than the scum that he pursues.

The movie is pure unadulterated trash, and arguably the most disappointing film of all time. The real sad thing too is how Warner Bros refuses to learn from their mistakes; they're so fucking stubborn! They're STILL with Snyder.

>inb4 someone calls me a marvelfag

Civil War was trash too. That assembly line product, tv cinematography garbage is even worse.

Capeshit is in the worst state it's ever been; let's not pretend it isn't just to save face.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MSJRZP6GzAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People hate what they don't understand

(You)

OP here.

I meant "he *can't be corrupted."

Oh trust me, I understand clearly.

Your post says othwise. Maybe you should watch BvS again.

nope

Lol so buttblasted

>le 30 minutes of film will save it

So delusional it's almost sad.

>How can you like this movie?!
>There's not enough quips!

Also...

>inb4 someone calls me a marvelfag
Don't worry Mouseketeer, I'm respectful of your trigger warnings.

>Lol so buttblasted
Thanks for proving that you're nothing but a child. Get out of here kid.

OP is objectively correct.

'Reeeeeeee it's up to me how a character should behave, how dare they change them from what my favourite interpretation of them is'

Grow up you autistic turd

see

The movie is shit, we all know this.

>le art can't be depressing

Found the redditor

>grimdark, depressing, joyless, pretentious, le christian allegory, tryhard nonsense
>all those buzzwords
wew

not everyone shares your opinion
DEAL
WITH
IT

spoken like a true Marvel fan...

Welcome to the worst board on Sup Forums, they're all completely fucking serious.

indeed

It started out as a joke but retards took it seriously and now here we are.

>Don't even get me started on Batman aka Murderman.

You didn't see the movie did ya. You are just copy/pasting things you read here

Are these the best retorts you can come up with? Pitiful.

>Batman's no kill rule is crucial; it's the reason he's so interesting, he sticks to his morals. He can be corrupted. He NEVER kills
Tell that to Tim Burton's Batman

You are also forgetting that Batman did not murder that child rapist. He only scarred him and let the cops/law deal with him

Otherwise yes Batman did kill Lex's thugs but you have to remember this is a Batman who lost his best partner: Robin who was murdered by Joker (if I am correct is the story) or either way: he lost Robin, also he lost Wayne Manor due to it being burnt up.

Snyder gives us an aging changed Batman. What's wrong with seeing something that we have never seen before on screen? Either way: Ben Affleck is one of if not the best person to ever play Batman.

You sound so stupid.

I liked the movie

>the best
He's not even better than Val.

What a comeback.

>G-get the RT score guys!
BvS, like Tony Scott films and numerous other films, are spectacular pleb filters.

Then you're on the wrong board kiddo

yes we're all meming you fucking idiot

as far as I know this is a DC board. /lit/, Sup Forums, Sup Forums are Marvel ones

Sup Forums is pretty anti-Marvel.

you don't speak for everyone...

Forgetting BvS for a moment, that pic makes me more mad than seeing Mousehunt's RT score

It's a great capeshit flick. At this point, it feels like jews are trying to crash Ben Afflect like they did with Mel Gibson.

Yes, most of us are memeing. Then again there are some DC dags like this who honestly believe this movie is a cinematic masterpiece:
youtu.be/MSJRZP6GzAc

Please stop projecting your sociopathic traits onto me. I indeed saw the movie. If I didn't I assure you I wouldn't have spent so much time writing out what I wrote in the OP.

>Black man saving white girl
>39%

How?

How many horses did you see?

this movie was made before the SJW's ran the industry

I bet they like it just to stand out from the crowd. Literal hipsters.

>b-b-blame it on the jooz

Jews are the one that made the film retard. When will Sup Forums leave? They never look at films from an objective technical viewpoint. Everything is a political agenda to them. If you knew even the SLIGHTEST about the inner-workings of filmmaking and storytelling, you'd see how BvS is incredibly subpar.

>how dare you portray this shithole as a shithole!

Typical crap like that, all Mexicans are adorable gardeners after all

The Jews pushed it on us to perpetuate muh forced interracial meme. Then they saw we actually appreciated its merits as a film and had to shut it down.

You're saying that score should be lower, right?

Are you referring to the beginning of the extended cut with the whole nonsensical CIA Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane subplot? Sorry I wasn't keeping count.

thanks you just confirmed that you didn't saw it...

>le j00z

>I'LL J-J-JUST TELL MYSELF TJAT HE DIDN'T SEE THAT'LL WORK

I'd be laughing if you weren't so pathetic. Are you going to try to atleast engage in an intellectual discussion about the film with me or do you just want to protect your safe la la land space by pretending I'm not real?

The best part about the line is how it accidentally references the theatrical cut. The executive producers felt the same way, and cut out the parts where Kent is investigating Batman.

Kek

>we're all just memeing, right?
I am. I fucking hated BvS.

look on the bright side.

at least they're not pushing an incredibly obvious feminist agenda in the movies yet.

even if you were right in your descriptions of the contents of the movie, it still wouldn't be bad

glad you're willing to just call this all capeshit and call it a day

>people actually defending this trash capeshit film
Sup Forums is cancer. Sup Forums has officially taken over

Yes, the days of half the threads being about BBCs and cucks was truly the golden age of Sup Forums.

>It started out as a joke
Actually it started out seriously, quickly became a joke, and now people who saw it on reddit are taking the jokes seriously.

t. meme expert

do you even read the critics reviews retard? everything they say is political and never objective.

This

it's the best capefilm ever made honestly. The memes are pretty accurate user

What's wrong with the British broadcasting service?

The movie has like five opening scenes and it jumps from subplot to subplot. The narrative is immensely fucked. It's a disaster of epic proportions that you think is "LE COOL" because it had cool slo mo explosions and dark cinematography.

You fool. This is the perfect allegory on opposites colliding. Superman is a god. Batman is a man. God fights man. Just like Lex said.

Kino.

Their teeth is dirty.

maybe you're just too fucking stupid to understand what's going on?

Pretty lame movie even as a dcuck

/thread

if you want a smiling superman do random bullshit to inspire people you can watch superman returns and be done with that, in this universe it's more of a realistic approach to an alien existing in our world, i feel like this is more interesting this way, hence my praise.
man of steel and bvs were so refreshing compared to generic tv show tier action scenes done by marvel studios, i mean i re-watched all their movies recently, and only worth of being admired are iron-man 1, gotg and the winter bourne.

Yea, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE THEMES OF GOD VS MAN?!

there were two distinct shots with horses. It's safe to say you didn't watch the movie

BvS is all style no substance

It's ok bud. Just remember that you're special.

nobody shoves god vs man theme into your mouth, this is what irritates me, there are two sides to this movie, you can either watch a 3 hour long movie about envy,wrath, and the redemption and be done with that, it has all the things for a superhero movie for the audience to enjoy, amazing cinematography,choreography,soundtracks, action scenes, compared to marvel movies it doesn't do 1521512 angle shots in femtosecond.
on the other side it has themes such as god vs man, nihilism vs the faith, you can discuss and argue about who's being right and who is wrong, this is what makes this movie so good for me.

while marvel has neither

I agree with you OP. I've been a big Superman fan since I was a kid and this movie totally mishandled him. The 90s era dark and brooding Superman is a black eye in his history that he's only partially recovered from. Sure it was popular at the time, but looking back it's awkward, stupid and just not entertaining. I can't understand why Snyder insists on this interpretation of the character. Visually he's one of the best capeshit directors, but tonally it's all wrong.

Well said, took the words right out of my mouth

we saw more of a lighthearted heroic take on superman tier characters such as thor, how did it turn out exactly?

DELET THIS

100% agree. Even agree moreso with Civil War - they LITERALLY hired TV directors to film Winter Soldier and Civil War. It shows, because its all grey blur shlocky crap, nothing framed well or even any interesting shots.

>brings up Civil War for no reason
Found the DCuck

holy shit lmao, marvelcucks actually keep reposting this shit.

No one has proven it wrong yet

You're right, but atleast Marvel still has a fun entertaining aspect to it.

multiple times
yet you people keep ignoring it

the whole movie moves forward on cause and effect, things happen and characters react
something happens, and then the next few scenes are things that happen because of the scene

that tirade about consequences is meaningless as it could be said about almost all movies, since most of them are about the experiences that cause internal change

you are absolutely wrong, to the point of blatantly twisting whats onscreen

given superman's evolving situation in bvs, does him being doubtful about his place in the world make sense? of course it does

you people throw around these meaningless buzzwords when the story of bvs clearly portrays a man who cares about the world but has his doubts as his very existence seems to be the problem like lex luthor suggests

and there is no such thing as "tonally wrong" the tone fit the story and the things that happen in the story
its absolute bullshit that people are saying this movie is dark when fantasy movies in general even have much more violence than this

Legitimately the only great cape film since 2009

>entire movie is a set up for Justice League.

First of all, this movie is an introduction for a batman and superman relationship, their views on each other, and interaction, i don't see how a 15 second metahuman fanservice makes the whole movie a justice league set up.
but hey you know what's funny, basically all the latest marvel movies are set up for the infinity, sorta hypocritical in a funny way.
>first half involves the slow build to Lex building his master plan to get bats and supes fight.

2/3 of the movie is about superman and batman taking the bait, lex luthor pulling the strings etc.
i see no problem with that, it's lex what else do you expect from him, i mean at least he's not shown like zemo, a.k.a some random guy who can do all types of things using a rubber mask and a fake I.D.

>Bat and Supes fight for a bit then resolve their differences, negating the first half of the movie.

did you even watch the movie?, superman wasn't even trying to fight him, it was more of a way to show the way batman turned out to be, the same thug he has become which lead to the breaking point in his life. and of course the realization and the redemption.

>with the first half made as filler, the only real thing of a consequence that happens in Bats,Supes, and Wondie beating Doomsday.

what? it literally led to superman's ultimate sacrifice, death.

>everything before this is about lex's plan,uncovering lex's plan, and lex's plan to amp up Bats and supes to fight and kill each other, which they don't.

lex's plan wasn't to make batman and superman kill eachother,

it was to show the humanity that the all powerful can't be all good, and the all good can't be all powerful, to show the world that they follow the false messiah, batman was just an annoying fly to Lex, which he tries to use as a trigger for superman's breaking point.

>This would be interesting if Lex Luthor was a dark protagonist.

ain't he? he's a mentally unstable genius.

will cont.

I understand all you folks have your own problems with the movie, but why is nobody mentioning the insufferable "reality TV feel" shakey cam that went on through the entire running length?

How do these clowns get jobs as cameramen if they can't hold a camera steady? It's the most basic of basic film-making techniques.

Oh, trust me, everything in your first post speaks clearly how little you understand about this film, and what they're setting up for the DCEU long-term.

When it all becomes clear, I hope you have the good grace to admit you were wrong.

is this copypasta made for civil war and then edited into bvs? cause it feels like it.

The shaky cam was half of my problem. with BvS.

That and how many CGI Micheal Bay style explosions and special effects they packed into every fight scene, the Doomsday fight especially, made it really difficult to see what the fuck was going on, and I heard "Wait, what just happened?" multiple times from people near me at the theater.

At least Michael is getting work

Did anyone find Ben Afleck's overweight, pudgy face to be kind of comedic and sort of ruined all the batman scenes?

I like it. Emotional, operatic action film that manages to use the 180 minutes really well, never running on empty tank.

As a Sup Forums bro, I'd say I'm more anti-Disney than I am anti-marvel. They raped everything compelling out of the Marvel characters and left us with bland, superficial shit. Unoffensively entertaining though it may be, don't let's pretend it's anywhere in the neighborhood of a faithful treatment of the characters.

The only one they stood a chance of doing a decent job with was Spider-Man. Unfortunately, they've already turned all the other characters into Spidey, and when everyone's Spidey, no one is.

BvS is to Kino what Joyce is to literature, i.e. that which is so sublime that it can only be appreciated by those who are both dilligent and intelligent.

No the movie is pretty good, it's just unfaithful to the comic version of the characters. If you treat it as an Elseworlds it's fine.