I'm a shit low tier developer with no motivation, no code discipline and no motivation to finish any project. AMA

I'm a shit low tier developer with no motivation, no code discipline and no motivation to finish any project. AMA.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=44PDjTA6lyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can you even code a GUI interface using visual basic???

welcome to the life brother

Are you from India by any chance?

lawl

specialty? favourite language?

if you like web dev you should join freecodecamp. the community is great and you will learn something. worst case scenario you get to know people that like and/or want to learn to code

I feel u op

ofc lol

Visual Basic is all I know, tried a few others like php and shit, but just hated it's basic shitty form

Can someone explain to me what makes a good programmer/coder/developer or whatever the fuck you wanna call it?

All I see is plebs screaming cs isn't worth shit cuz u only learn if else or whatever, so tell me asshole, what makes a fucking high/god tier developer

Visual studio* sorry not Visual basic, code in c#, vb, js, tsql, mostly do web pages at work for touch screen front ends for collecting data from machines. Have lots of home projects on the go but can never be bothered to finish them off

Good developers can solve problems and use google, that's all their is to it. Shit developers just can't logic their way out of a box.

Yo I know C++, nothing with pointers and all that jazz. But I'm a logical thinker. What could I try next.

Why the fuck would you use visual studio? Windows is the absolute worst environment for developing software.

Usually people who says that are not.

If ur logical thinker you shouldnt have to ask fucking Sup Forums/b about your life

This. Just make the journey the destination. Commit to life-long learning. Work on algorithms and problem solving and you'll be fine. Everyone can be smart - they just have to put in the emotional labor to get started. Once you build good habits and commit to the process, you won't need much will power. That hard part is just getting started.

I don't think you should claim to "know C++" if you don't now how to use pointers. Maybe go learn Java or C# since then you won't ever have to worry about pointers (although you'll have to understand the rules that dictate whether something is passed by reference or value).
If you really want easy-mode, learn Ruby.

Here is a project I'm working on at the moment, its a media player for people without any fucking eyes. They speak it, it plays it and tells them what it's playing, currenty have plugins for Plex, YouTube, Spotify, groove music, Next PVR which is for controlling TV. etc, again I can't be bothered finishing off the final parts

It's a combination of the following things:

Having a very good understanding of all control structures
Knowing a few basic design patterns
Knowing (and understanding) a few basic algorithms
Knowing how to use Google

So it just uses TTS then?

TTS yes, and the speech SDK for input, although I had to write my own interface for that to handle the type of input from the user, here is some codes

and in case you were being a sarcy ass fuck cunt, I had to build up the entire interfaces for these services, it's not a overlay or anything.

Is it possible to get this to work while using Kodi as a client with the PlexKodiConnect plugin? I no longer use the official Plex client due to it being closed source.

There are a few things:
1. Understanding logic
2. Understanding Data structures
3. Using 1 and 2 appropriately.

Let me illustrate with a real world example: You get a task to migrate some data from one kind o text files into a database.

shit tier: codes the whole thing, none of it is reusable or useful outside of this specific problem.
god tier: codes only what isn't already available from trusted sources, in such a way that there are reusable libs that can be leveraged later.

Any developer can write code that "works". The talent is writing efficient, understandable, maintainable code.

Another example from last week: shit tier dev - make a method that takes 5 parameters take 8 parameters. god tier dev - fix the fucking data structure and write generic methods.

If you write c# and don't use interfaces and generics choke yourself.

You'd probably get more love (and hate) on Sup Forums

You need visual basic 6 for that

>string.format
>c# 6.0 now allows $"Season {seasonNumber} of the TV whateverthefuck"

Yes, although you can't get it to describe the content to the users, you have to know what you have on your servers... I presume the person I did this for had Kodi with Vox Commando it allowed viewing of tv and such but never described what was available to the user. This does the same but will read out all content, describe youtube videos and comments etc, give descriptions of the tv playing, whats up next, allow recordings and such as well as whats been recorded.

Not Op but I just did that and it looks awesome

thanks user

I've also written some code that sits on a machine, pulls username and passwords off of running services and allows DLLs to be downloaded and executed as that user. It also uses those credentials to spread to other machines on the network. What can I use this for?

Looks good brah

Ok thanks for your explanation

You have to be a quick learner and you have to be interested in learning what you can do using your programming language. I would also suggest you not staying stuck in only one programming languages.

Thanks for the link user

any advice for someone whos just sstarted out? learning c++

It seems I'm the only one who got the reference. WELL PLAYED SIR!!!

How good is .NET as a career?

Don't bother if you're young, data sciences and AI, developers have about 10 years left.

I got banned. Nice sjw site.

Code comments should only ever be in the form of swastikas

You'll fit in well with rock star
m.youtube.com/watch?v=44PDjTA6lyQ

why haven't you killed yourself yet? You're just making other developer's lives harder?