Merchandise and figurines

What is your strategy for collecting things to celebrate your favorite media?

These days I usually wait until MacFarlane has something out, they usually have the best build quality. Best practice is to buy one for collection (keep in package), and one for show/play.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5gnpCqsXE8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>and one for show/play
>my vagina when

download a yify rip and use my 3d printer

i have 2 of these.

I'm not 6 years old, so I don't buy toys.

Those Japanese make some wicked good figyahs, dood.
Go Sox.

> hurr durr I'm such a grown up look at me guiz

In case you haven't checked, it's finally considered really fucking cool to be a nerd and have a personality now. Go back to high school Chad, I know that's where you peaked.

>we've become a nation of grown men that watch cartoons and play with dolls
Fuck, at least Japan has the excuse that they had a couple of nukes dropped on them to explain their cuckoldry. What went wrong?

Toys R Us Exclusive Prometheus figures
you know
for kids

>buying consumer products
>having a personality
fucking bandwagon """""""nerds""""""

youtu.be/5gnpCqsXE8g

>rampant consumerism
>having a personality

Your soul withered and you're a jaded cunt.

I have that figure. They used "Exclusive to TRU" sticker to cover up the cock head on the tentacle thing. Reminded me when the Hellboy toys were "HB II" labeled on them because "hell" is too scary for kids I guess.

They're not dolls.. they're uh... collectable doll merchandise. Uh. Yeah.

Oh dear. Simon Pegg was right about us. What has happened to us?!

I've got 3 Sci-fi figures, and I'd maybe get more, but I much prefer soundtracks/nice collector's editions/theatrical posters if I'm going to show my appreciation for a film. Maybe occasionally a big coffee table art book if it warrants it. So far I only have Kubrick.

>>rampant consumerism
Right now it's popular in 'nerd culture' to sign up for boxes of random junk where you don't even know what you get until it arrives in the mail.

>penn.jpg

Holy shit, link? How much does it cost?

>falling for nerdswag
get out

Lootcrate sent a dollar store inflatable crown to people along with a clip on d20 bowtie and other stuff.

Nerds lapped it up as ironically hilarious that they were given cheap dollar store junk for their money.

There are different options, I'm at the $45 tier. Got a fucking awesome triforce hoodie last month.

>Can't detect sarcasm
No U

The shirt wasn't bad for a cheap shirt if you like DnD. The Princess Bride cards were nice if you happen to like that movie.

The Stark 4gig usb stick was okay.

Don't give a shit about Harry Potter.

I got this as a part of a gift, so no worry for me.

Yet I cannot bring myself to pay for this shit. It's too much of a crap shoot.

I have 3.
One for home, one for work, and one for the car.

what a pile of shit

holy fuck, you invented a new way to ruin this board even further

yes yes, well done reddit, well done

HOWEVER

Do you use the one in the car to get into the carpool lane? And park in spots for electric cars?

MacFarlane? Am I back in 2009?

toy collector power rankings:

>GOAT tier
Figma, Nendoroid, articulated statues
>Good tier
NECA, movie and vidya figures
>Mid tier
Wrestling figs
>Low tier
Superhero figs
>Absolute shit tier
Funko, bookstore toys

>Figma Superhero
Breaks the scale

Why's he Indian?

Naw. It's Mezco. They cheaped out on Breaking Bad figs and made them even less articulate than McFarlane toys. Guess they figure BB fans are more normie and just want statues.

The Hulkster actually goes outside and gets some sun, brother!

Technically all those cape figmas are based on the movies so they're pretty high up the ladder

Basically if you're a scalper or just consume Mattel and Hasbro crap you're a manchild loser who deserves the chair

I got two Spawn figures and don't even know that much about Spawn

I've been collecting political ones too

>Hasbro
Nah, it's all Takara, honest...

> Personality is defined through consumption habits
man cmon u aint much of a struggle for french marxists

Lootcrate is ingenious. They send you tons of garbage marked up probably over 200% and nerds just keep racking up credit card debits.

Unbelievable why anyone would want this garbage cluttering their house.

Do males seriously play with toys past the age of 8?

I'm a chand and you're hurting my feelings ;_;

Why not try meeting a few?

I don't charge it, just use the leftover from my student loans each semester. Same with my Star Citizen/Oculus VR purchases.

In terms of RRP to Loot, it's usually good. The issue is all the crap from franchises you give no shit for.

why do people want meaningless stuff? i honestly don't get why people buy things just to put them on a shelf or maybe use once. just imagine all the cheap plastic garbage, tons of it, that will end up in the ocean and kill something someday.

I recently got this in the mail.

>strategy
I establish supply lines through Eastern Europe to Central Asia and seize all the toy stores in Islamabad.

> When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

- C.S. Lewis

That face is really bizarre for some reason

>Meaning or Worth is objective

>tfw just realized I don't help the industry at all

please explain how a doll from a billion dollar franchise is meaningful to you

My partner bught me a 1950's Godzilla. Not only does it have great articulation and detail, it's also a memento of our first year together.
But nah, a lump of plastic can never be associated with positive events or feelings, it's just plastic, right?

> Get a fucking life, nerds.
- Stan Lee

>My partner

jesus christ just call him your boyfriend

>Him
Partner isn't gendered user.

i'm sure the dolphin that'll choke on it in 15 years will appreciate the love it represents too

Might be the same company that made my Obama?

>Mendl's *is* the best

Not entirely Sup Forums related but ordered this yesterday. Not shipping until next year though, I'll most likely have forgotten about it by then.

no one calls their gf their "partner" on Sup Forums

Probably one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen. Great job.
"Toys kill Flipper"
Are you for real?

I mean if you want to make a point about it being a wasteful use of limited natural resources at least that would have merit.

But choking a dolphin...?

Their Ron Perlman and Winona Ryder are pretty dank

durr pic related

i am very real, i never joke about marine life

Then it pleases me to be the first.

Good for you.

Kek

>collecting toys
For what non-autistic purpose?

No I use them all to fellate myself

Considering how huge the movie merch business is, there must be millions more autistic people than currently assumed. You might be on to something big.

why

I remember the thread where you stripped it down and jerked off on it.

I normally don't buy cheap plastic crap to decorate my house because I am not a faggot or 15.

1. Don't
2. N/A

>Best practice is to buy one for collection (keep in package), and one for show/play.

FFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAGGG

thanks! posting this to /r/Sup Forums right now :^)

>
>Considering how huge the movie merch business is, there must be millions more autistic people than currently assumed. You might be on to something big.

I'm a custodian for several office buildings. LITERALLY every office has "that guy" with consumershit on his desk. The most popular being Breaking Bad.

It's alright senpai :^)

I've got a Mario and Donkey Kong plushie from my elementary school days.

A few action figures; Unit 1 and 2 from Evangelion, and Ada Wong and Chainsaw Ganado from Resident Evil 4. Got a couple props from the Silent Hill movie as well. I don't actively go out searching for more to add to my autism shelf, if it happens it happens.

There's having a tan, then there's looking like you live in downtown Bangladesh.

i kind of went on a figure binge this year because i always felt like a shithead for wanting to buy toys. but i said fuck it and now i have a shelf full of film related figures. NECA are GOAT bang for your buck, i want to start getting the older Sideshows though, gonna stick to Horror figures now.

collecting figures is actually kinda fun if you go on a hunt for older ones, here's a 12'' episode 3 Sheev for maximum treason

Just got the black series Captain Phasma. Now I have Phasma, Kylo Ren, Poe, and Finn. I'm trying to get Rey next so I can have a complete set of all TFA main characters and villains. Next I'll work on an OT set.

Didn't mean to reply to you btw.

it's cool. i have some black series figures on my star wars shelf

>tfw I bought an LCR because of Breaking Bad

I have two. Both are in the bedroom. One gets to watch me masturbate, but the other one does not get to watch.

> star wars shelf
> copy of pirates of the carribean

lmaoing@your life

>he took the time to make an edit of my photo
thanks man! i also have the Nolan series on that shelf as well! :^)

This is all just the shambling corpse of Reaganomics as kids that grew up in the 80s never outgrew the mindless consumerism they were raised on.

Quick someone make a custom CIA figure.

I had to buy this

XDDD

>MacFarlane

The creator of Spawn is McFarlane is the faggot who created Family Guy. Neither of which have been good for at least a decade.