Is this the most definitive jazz album ever recorded?

Is this the most definitive jazz album ever recorded?

Jazz is bad

>most definitive
the fuck does this mean

>fusion

>when a white person comments on poc music

It defines the genre

Kinda like how Loveless defines Shoegaze or Yank Crime defines Post-Hardcore

There are 5 white musicians on this album, but okay.

Maybe in jazz fusion. It's a very bad representative of swing or bebop.

I think he meant Jazz and all the sub genres close to Jazz.

Why the FUCK did he make it so long

I want to finish it in one sitting for fuck sakes !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, swing and bebop are subgenres of jazz. If we're saying Loveless defines shoegaze but not rock, following the same logic we ought to say Bitches Brew defines fusion instead of all jazz.

>poc

Swing and Bebop are a lot more similar to Jazz. Shoegaze can't even be compared to "normal" rock music.

Rock is also a much more broad genre.

I'm White but I identify as a nigger, what does that make me?

talk to someone who doesn't listen to a lot of shoegaze and see how easy it is to compare it with rock

What? Swing and bebop ARE jazz. Shoegaze IS rock.

>album that sounds nothing like a typical jazz album
>most definitive

The person you're talking to do is dumb. Shoegaze is just dronier rock music. You're delusional if you think it can't be compared to other rock music.

MBV and Cocteau Twins would sound more pop or drone in comparison to AC/DC and Led Zeppelin.

FBPB

if ur a nigger who injects heroin up their asshole

otherwise it's dissonant shit for faggots who bandwagon behind weirdo music because it makes them speshul

Wigger.

Rock is an umbrella term. It's not just classic rock. It seems this board has made you retarded.

No. Fusion maybe, but not all of Jazz.

One of the most notable or most influential maybe, but certainly not definitive.

Jazz fans will actually call you a "casual" fan of jazz for taking the time to listening to an experimental 90 minute jazz album that is hailed as one of the greatest artistic accomplishments in the genre.

hipsters on Sup Forums don't count as actual "jazz fans"

Nice generalization based on one douchebag being mean to you

I wouldn't, everyone likes different things and if you like that I see nothing wrong with that, you aren't hurting anyone

No. It's a masterpiece, but it's not what most people would think of as traditional jazz, therefore it cannot be a definitive jazz album.

dubs of devastation

I think people do that because it's a popular well known jazz album, so some jazz fans will conflate popularity with it being a basic, accessible record.

In a lot of cases that logic works but it's definitely wrong with bitches brew.

you clearly don't know shit about jazz desu senpai

Definitely not, it's a great album, but not indicative of the rest of jazz. Kind of Blue would probably work better, but I'm not sure if there's a single "definitive" album for such a wide genre.

Fusion maybe, Jazz in general fuck no and fuck you for even considering that.

Too many unnecessary notes, right?

This. Is very good and quintessential "Jazz" (technically modal jazz but I mean).

Kinda takes a bit of everything before (it's not Swing, but it has swing, for example) and influenced literally everything that came after (apart maybe most harsh free jazz)

This. Is very good and quintessential "Jazz" (technically modal jazz but I mean).

Kinda takes a bit of everything before (it's not Swing, but it has swing, for example) and influenced literally everything that came after (apart maybe most harsh free jazz). Every other pick is kind of irrelevant compared to this masterpiece

big if true

>inb4 some idiot calls these albums "entry level"

They are entry level, they're extremely accessible. Even more so then more traditional jazz that most rock fans would find boring.

psst he doesn't know that because he's never listened to it

most definitive jazz FUSION album

you missed the point
they're entry level because they are the three definitive jazz records

lol have you listened to more than 5 jazz albums in your life? Go listen to Charlie Parker and then listen to some late Coleman and they're not even close.

>album that is easy for rockists to get into

>dissonant
>weirdo music
how's high school going? did you like the new blink182?

no you'll get called a casual fan because you don't know what differentiates it from the rest of the pack. there's nothing wrong with being a casual fan as long as you realize that's what you are.

>not sure if there's a single "definitive" album for such a wide genre.

this right here. it's like trying to put out a definitive rock album. too large of a genre.

kind of blue is literally the most recommended album for new listeners of all time.

>some idiot calls these albums "entry level"
>they're entry level because

congratulations, you're an idiot by your own standards.

>kind of blue is literally the most recommended album for new listeners of all time.
see >this right here. it's like trying to put out a definitive rock album. too large of a genre.
the velvet underground & nico

why did you intentionally make your post misleading to be edgy then?

Because there are people here that unironically dismiss essential albums by calling them "entry-level"

but you just said yourself they are entry level?

I mean, of the three Kind of Blue is markedly more accessible than the other two.

Here's your assignment, son:
Coltrane- Ascension
Mingus- The Clown
Monk- Genius of Modern Music
Stan Getz- Focus

You're the most definitive ignorant ever recorded.

T H I S
H
I
S

I mean, that's why they're recommended for new listeners. They're accessible enough that someone new can appreciate them, but still push artistic boundaries enough to actually carry some merit.

Did you just assume my race, you shitlord? I identify as a post-cuck.

I liked Giant Steps and Mingus Ah Um more.

congratulations.

look at this faggot

I've always thought it looks like Trane is trying to squeeze out a tough shit on ALS's album cover

Maybe some of that opioid induced constipation.

Listening to it now.

I'm a casual listener, but it doesn't sound 'definitive'.
So, there's a random sample of uninitiated public opinion for you.

I can imagine the word 'experimental' appearing in the mind of the average mouthbreather put on the spot and asked for a description.

I guess this album was very influential and that's why you bring it up at all?

Also, that Mati Klarwein artwork is incredible.

Obviously not since it's a fucking fusion album

/thread

Would it be the definitive jazz fusion album?