Anyone else tired of union propaganda movies? All are just half truth and false dioctomies

Anyone else tired of union propaganda movies? All are just half truth and false dioctomies.

I'm Southern but I get why the North want pro union movies. But there not even good movies. Just emmy bate solely based on white guilt.

Lincoln, Free State of Jones, Birth of a Nations, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/www.refinery29.com/amp/2016/06/115138/free-state-of-jones-movie-review?client=safari#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mfw im not american and thought you were talking about the other kind of union, like the plumbers union

Was so fucking confused

Even SJWs hate it

google.com/amp/www.refinery29.com/amp/2016/06/115138/free-state-of-jones-movie-review?client=safari#

The guy revolted late in the war didn't he? He probably saw what way the wind was blowing and made his decision then. The county he was from was never as closely tied to slavery as the rest of Mississippi either

>dioctomy
>bate
Know how I didn't need you to tell me you're Southern? I wish you people would secede already, instead of threatening it like it's not what Real America wants

It's been over 150 years. You lost. Get over it, faggot.

>it's been almost two hundred years and the one thing Yankees do as often as praising black people is putting down southerners

>dont put down those that deserve to be put down
who's reddit now?

>It's been 151 years and southerners still can't grasp basic math.

Please, don't stereotype all of us southerners based off some goof that can't spell or probably even read for shit.

Just kidding, hate on the South all you want. I can barely stand these inbred, stupid hicks.

You lost, hillbilly. Get over it, it's been 150 years.

Next time you win the war you can make movies however you want to, buddy.

History is written by the victors. Get over it Billy

>Canderous: "Victory in battle is my justification."
>Carth: "Justification through victory? So what happens when you lose? You know, like you did against us."
>Canderous: "You had us outnumbered five to one. You had more ships, more troops, more supplies, and the Jedi on your side. And we still made the Republic tremble before we fell."

Watch Hell on Wheels instead.
Shows the Yankees to be the sick fuck murderers they are.

the war of northern aggression will always be used as a club by the north to shame the south

Was the Union shaking a bunch when Sherman torched his way to the Atlantic?

You shame yourselves with your shitty edumacations, speech impediments, meth addictions, and small dicks

Yes. It's why they had to utilize Sherman and his rape and burn tactics. The South were undermanned, undergunned, fought with integrity and won so consistently, that the North pissed itself and began committing atrocities and war crimes to try and even the scales.

tfw southerners fail at southwashing historybooks so they have to resort to quoting stories about space aliens and magic

That eyebrow is killin me.

tfw southerners are so romanticized by history that modern fiction is written allegorically about their noble struggle
tfw this triggers the niggerlovers up north

haha billy

north wins
won
wins
won
wins

The men who fought in the Union almost universally admired the courage and resiliency of the Confederate soldiers. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain would not let a bad word be spoken about the Confederacy in his presence, despite him being a Union general and one of the principal heroes of Gettysburg. William T. Sherman forbade anyone to speak ill of the Confederate general whom he combated the most, Joseph E. Johnston. And of course the three most brilliant military minds of the war, Robert E. Lee, Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson and Nathan Bedford Forrest all were Confederates.

So all of this shit about how admiring the Confederate flag is akin to racism alone is such fucking idiocy. Do you understand the economic situation the vast majority of the South was in during the 40 years after the war? For generations the only positive thing average people had in their lives was the memory of Lee kicking the shit out of those Yankees at Chancellorsville.

Not really, but when an idiot southerner starts crying about "union propaganda" like its 1865 again. The funniest part is these are the first idiots to claim to be 'murican's and paste the flag on every god damn thing they can. They can't seem to grasp the disconnect.

How bad would the tumblr outcry be if someone made The Outlaw Josey Wales today?

What were we talking about again?

Actually the lost cause version of history has been dominant almost since the war ended, even in Hollywood.

This picture is fucking with me. The ass is mesmerizing, but the face keeps reminding me of Anders from Workaholics.

pink pussy

>Johnston, like Lee, never forgot the magnanimity of the man to whom he surrendered, and would not allow an unkind word to be said about Sherman in his presence. Sherman and Johnston corresponded frequently and they met for friendly dinners in Washington whenever Johnston traveled there. When Sherman died, Johnston served as an honorary pallbearer at his funeral; during the procession in New York City on February 19, 1891, he kept his hat off as a sign of respect in the cold, rainy weather. Someone with concern for the old general's health asked him to put on his hat, to which Johnston replied "If I were in his place and he were standing here in mine, he would not put on his hat."

Are there little holes in her ass cheeks?

ass peach fuzz

Most people know jack shit about the Civil War, man. I bet if you showed 100 random people on the street the actual Stars and Bars flag they wouldn't know what it is.

post more

>thread got all quiet
>implying anons aren't jerking it to this pic

Yes, it's flesh eating bacteria.

Shut the fuck up, Johnny. Don't make us come back down there.

I swear to Christ Cletus, don't make me march my ass back down there and burn your trailer back down.

lel

I think that might be the worst part of historic revisionism.

It was the southern aristocracy against the northern hillbillies. You had the well bred educated nobles in the south fighting dirty conscripted off the boat starved irishmen who died in droves until they won through sheer virtue of number.

But the modern narrative is that the stupid yokel is the southerner.

Guess that's why I live in the Confederate States of America.

Oh wait.

I don't.

No. You live in the alternate reality where the north won the war. It's like a nightmare there's no waking up from, isn't it?

Ahhhh. As you can see here, the vast concentration of higher learning south of the Mason Dixon.

>historical revisionism

That's why you dumb fucks are always claiming the war was started because of muh states rights and other retarded nonsense.

Tell me, who fired the opening shots?

Dude, I hate the south, but there are some extremely high quality schools down there.

>brings in black slaves in droves
>fights to keep them and have more
>gets mad when loses and has to deal with the consequences
most blacks are in the south anyway

The north, by not only refusing to remove troops from Charleston Harbor, but by taking Fort Sumter. It was an open act of war on the south.

Based on what metric?

And you could solve 90% of the problem in image related if there were a program that just made sure they got fed enough as children and had access to schools.

Not too familiar with history there, are you? The southerners didn't bring them in, and your average Confederate was not a slave owner. Further the northern mollycoddling of blacks is why they are the way they are today. Spend a century telling a race that they're owed never having to work because of what happened to their ancestors, they'll eventually believe it and take it.

Holy shit, that historical revisionism. What do they teach you down there?

Vanderbilt, Rice, Tulane, Duke, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Virginia are all fine institutions.

>the civil war in the north was fought by the educated
>we didn't just take immigrants off the boat to fight the war for us

You're not exactly a history buff, are you?

The south's economy was entirely based off of slavery, it was their way of living. Slavery was already dying down in the north because we were industrializing faster. The industrialization process in the south on the other hand was paltry and hence had to rely on unskilled labor. The average confederate yokel didn't own slaves like the south nobility you're right, hence why what that this guy said is retarded

Eh fair enough. I'd still say Ivy League schools carry far more prestige than any of those.

>Demon of the North

Literally every single war ever since industrialization is fought by the lower classes.
But the north was more educated.

Explain to me what was factually incorrect by my statement.

The south ordered the north to remove troops from Charleston Harbor which was Confederate territory. Not only did the north refuse to do so, they occupied a stronger fort and began to fortify it with reinforcements.

In what world is that anything but an open act of aggression?

The people who ran the south were slave-owners.

I think former slaves are annoyed at having never received compensation for their labour when slaves; or that the United States doesn't apologize for supporting slavery for a century or so.

>hero of the union

FTFY

>95% of the Confederacy had no slaves
>"south was based off of slavery, it was their way of living"

I wonder how northern revisionists reconcile these things in their heads? It couldn't have had anything to do with a president who ran an election campaign on being anti-south who was then elected without a single southern ballot cast in his name. No, that would paint the north as bad guys, even if it was accurate. Somehow it had to be that every single southerner was a slave owner, even though mathematically it was impossible.

Next time don't a)have slaves b) leave the union c)attack an American fort d) lose a war e) vote for democrats

Also fuck the south, by almost every Metric America would be better off if the south just left and became a 3rd world hellhole filled with niggers and white trash

Name which state governors were slave owners at the outset of the Civil War.

name a good unbiased civil war movie then?

1. The fort is federal territory, as in it's operated by the United States.

2. The south had made claims of violence before against Union troops and the north was reinforcing because of said threats.

3. Charleston is a strategic port city to begin with.

4. Southern rebels fired the first actual shots to start the war.

Slave-owners RAN and OWNED the society.

Non-slave-owning whites also lived there. If they were ambitious, the idea was to buy slaves at some point.

The South fought to preserve slavery, having been unable to force the USA to make it legal in states that did not want it. They didn't want to conquer the USA, but they did want to form their own powerful central government to oppose it.

The North fought to preserve the Union. Not to free slaves. In fact, slavery was ended in the rebel States before it was in the loyal States.

>rich people never created a war that only benefited them while killing the poor

Fort Sumter was federal property

Ain't got nothing on Stonewall fucking Jackson.

It would be more illuminating to research how much of the Southern economy was controlled by slave-owners. Politicians have been rented by moneyed interests since forever.

1. The fort was on Confederate land.

2. They had no rights to the land they were reinforcing. Anymore than if Russia invaded Red Dawn style and announced they were responding to threats of aggression.

3. Exactly. The north was preemptively attempting to choke the south before the war began. The north knew it, the south knew it, and the north knew the south knew it. They knew there was no other outcome but war when they did it.

4. Immaterial. If I break into your house, you shooting me first doesn't negate my trespass provoking it.

Gerrymandering meant a slave owner had an inordinate amount of political influence besides their incredible wealth.

>slaves can't vote
>they count for 3/5ths of a person
>the slave owners vote now counts more than just "one man, one vote"

I hear this a lot from people who never studied history. What positions exactly do you think slave owners filled in the south? Most weren't anything other than successful farmers. Do you know how many military men were slave owners? Politicians? Businessmen? C'mon. At least research what you're claiming first.

>95% of the Confederacy had no slaves
Are you counting slaves as being members of the confederacy in this statistic?

The fort was there before the confederacy. Maybe a bunch of faggot red neck democrats should have asked the federal gov nicely they would have moved it
But probably not because the south is filled with faggots

No. Historically, 95% of white Confederates had no slaves.

>union
>southern
>the north
You know that the civil war ended quite some time ago, right? You also know that you never fought in it, yes? You're american. Deal with it.

1. The fort was on Union land way before it was on confederate land
2. Technically the south was the aggressor since it de facto took all federal property away from the ownership of Washington by "seceding."

Interesting.
So what percentage of agriculture in the south was based off of non-slave labor?

>studied history
>supports the South

Go
Fuck
Yourself
Democrat scum

GOP4Life

addendum:

You also must remember when discussing the gallantry of the Southern Cause the fact that by the war's end the South was in complete and utter turmoil. At Petersburg, the conclusive battle of the war in many respects, Ancient Confederates in their 60s, 70s and even 80s were lying dead in trenches next to 14 year old boys. All of the fighting men had been used by that point, so they were literally taking anyone. They even gave slaves guns and told them if they fought for the confederacy they would be free after the war, it was desperate times.

Meanwhile throughout the majority of the North you could hardly tell any battle had ever taken place. The Harvard-Yale rowing meet went on every single year of the war without a single rower on either side ever having to leave to fight in the war. Meanwhile the majority of the students of the University of Mississippi left to fight in the war, with only 4 male students attending the university before it was forced to shut down. The students formed their own unit called the Mississippi Grays who suffered 100% casualties by the war's end: every single one of them was either killed or wounded.

The Union fought that war with a hand ties behind its back, the South endured the full brunt of the war and demanding that Southerners forgo their heritage as "racist" and "outdated" is so unbelievably insulting that I imagine Ulysses S. Grant would slap anyone who demand the Confederate flag be taken down if he heard of this nonsense.

The position of upper class.

One would wonder why non-slave-owners would fight a war to protect slave-owners, if they were really so unpopular in the South as you imply.

Of course they do it has a cis white male.

It doesn't matter. South Carolina was no longer a part of the union and Fort Sumpter was not the north's to take. They invaded the Confederacy. It didn't fly when Germany decided to reclaim land that they lost after the Treaty of Versailles either.

Legit war criminal

*hero

FTFY

He didn't die like a bitch.

Because it wasn't about slavery, retard. It was about the fact that the president had been elected without a single southern ballot cast in his name. The fact that the south was not being represented by a bloated northern federal government that was using that fact to prey on the south like bloated ticks.

The declaration of independence specifically names such an occurrence as the duty and obligation of men to form a new government.

For doing what every American in every war has done?

Look back further, it's English tactics too, back to the Hundred Years War.

Guess who went from some of the biggest slave owning plantation owners in the country to the biggest new york bankers at the same time as the civil war?

Detroit tried that, sparky. Feel free to move there, though.

I genuinely can't tell if you're being ironic or are actually that stupid.

Man was a legend.

Most people, especially young people are fucking retarded when it comes to history. A good female friend of mine and I got into a conversation about Robert Lee and I tried to tell her why I think he's an admirable figure and she cut me off and said "BUT HE OWNED SLAVES and wouldn't move off that point.

I tried to point out to her that actually he was against slavery. He was born to a famous rich Founding Father slaveowner who squandered his family's fortunes in a series of shitty business decisions and ditched debtor's prison by ditching his family and traveling to the Bahamas. Lee went to West Point and was a military man, he was away from home for 80-90% of his adult life, he wasn't a farmer, he had no need of slaves.

His WIFE owned slaves. Not him. His wife, the rich Mary Custis, granddaughter of George Washington was the slaveowner not Lee, who spent the most of his life working on building bridges for the Army Corps of Engineers and fighting in Mexico.

It was about slavery for the SOUTH, it wasn't for the NORTH.

They were concerned that Lincoln would make moves to limit slavery in the whole country, or stymie the South's efforts to destroy states rights, to make slavery legal in the North by technicality.

Do you think any state that has not cast a ballot for a President has a good case to leave the Union now? Like if California voted Trump, but Trump lost, you would be in favour of California leaving the Union?

>it's another south dindu nuffin thread

Goddamn, you dumb.

It was literally about slavery. Hem and haw all you want about states rights, it was about the right to own people. All the decorations of succession mention slavery in the first paragraph.

Dese facks be ignant, kkkracker!!!1!