They making 3 more Fast And Furious Movie

>They making 3 more Fast And Furious Movie.

Can somebody explain why is this franchise loved yet its basically the same as Transformers Minus the robots?

it's more likely that you'll get to drive super awesome sports cars than it is for those super awesome sports cars to turn into talking robots.

Plebs like things that are fast, shiny, and make loud noises

Cars, hot girls, explosions. Is there another franchise that has made it to 8?

It's fun.

You have to be a man to understand

Bond, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Star Trek, Star Wars is on its way, Halloween if you count the reboots, The MCU technically.

F&F rules. Fuck you if you don't like it.

I dropped it after 2, went to Fast5 as a goof and was pleasantly surprised, then dropped it again after PW died out of respect. I don't know why other people support it.

i recently checked em all in a row after never seeing them before, and the last 3 are fucking awesome and the rest are fun, i've been complaining about the death of oldschool action movies for years while these lil gems existed. Vin Diesel vs the Rock exceeded all my expectations. Can't wait for the next one, it'll be the first I see in a theatre, better hide the baby oil!

Fast cars are fucking awesome you pleb

The first 3 fast and furious movies were great.
They bought into the Tuner trend that was going on at the time.
It pushed it so hard, and pushed "japanime" to the masses.

I have no clue why they are still being made though

well since they're going to milk it, i at least want more racing and less CARS FLYING OUT OF BUILDINGS AND HUMANS FLYING OVER CANYONS WITH NO SUPPORT AND LANDING PERFECTLY SAFE ON METAL AND GLASS

>>They making 3 more Fast And Furious Movie.

People who love cars should be mad as fuck.
They have destroyed hundreds of classic muscle cars.
When you have a huge budget, its cheaper to just buy originals and destroy them.

They killed something like 8 original Superbirds, which is fucking sacrilege.
They estimate they have destroyed over 1000 cars, and a decent chunk will be valuable irreplaceable cars.

It is really distasteful that they are making more Fast movies when Paul Walker is deceased. I wonder if Vin really was friends with Paul.

the last one basically turned them into superheroes.

Vin Diesel fucking stomping a crack in the ground and making the entire parking complex crumble was some Incredible Hulk shit.

And before that he and The Rock were just pummeling each other with tire irons and they barely did any damage.

Everything I have read about Paul Walker is that he was a genuine guy, and that the Fast and Furious movies were light hearted and easy to film.

Wouldnt be surprised if they all were pretty good friends. Vin Diesel does bomb after bomb, but is in half of the F&F movies which do great.

You would think filming shows that are fun, with people who are cool would make everyone kind of like each other

I promise their core demo is not car enthusiasts

carrying on the fast series without the heart of the series, paul walker, despite ending the series perfectly and giving it and paul a proper send off with 7 is fucked up

Vin got Paul to play World of Warcraft with him, they were like the kind of friends where the more nerdy guy gets his normie friend to play boring as fuck video games with him and he'll do it just to be a good mate, RIP

Eventually it's going to be revealed that they are meta humans

>ending the series perfectly and giving it and paul a proper send off with 7

I hated the media push, talking about his accident. It felt like they were trying to profit off his death.

But there is no mistake, to continue the show is a blood sucking money grab.

There has to be a large group of people who watched the movie only because of the death, not because they were fans.
Use that surge in movie tickets for some guy to sign off on more movies is pretty awful

They're making more movies because we wanna see more, the team is big enough and click enough to make it work, fuck you whiners

I'd compare it to James Bond. Like Bond, people go to see those movies to see cool action, silly plots and to project themselves into the role - being the suave debonair spy who dabbles in high society while being able to get into awesome action scenes and fuck a girl in a speedboat.

Vin Diesel is like that for a lot of latino teenagers, urban demographics. They can project themselves into the life of a super-cool criminal who always has the fastest cars, can pull off the most amazing stunts and still shares a Corona with his hot girlfriend and talks about family.

That's the core audience - but the masterstroke Lin had from Fast Five onwards was to turn the movies into heist/team movies like an urban Ocean's Eleven. It turned the movies from forgettable street racing flicks for wannabe gangsters, to viable (if still nonsenical and stupid) and watchable action movies with potential to go in a lot of directions.

Fast Five was a mostly decent action film, Fast & Furious 6 got a little too stupid, and with Furious Seven it seemed like James Wan was in on the joke that it's all retarded, and it was almost self-referential with how dumb it was (The Rock flexing to break a cast).

I would imagine they'll try to return to a heist set-up with Fast 8, but these movies will keep being successful as long as they can keep Vin Diesel, still make him relatable for urbans, and have lots of fast cars and hot chicks.

The last movie should be set in space where Dominic Toretto is awoken from cryogenic sleep to participate in a Redline-esk race.

I have a thing for Michelle Rodriguez

BECAUSE OF FAMILY

That pedo is burning in hell. They need to just stop filming them

There's no other Car Kino like it.

Meh...

chinese people have no taste

car chases and stunts and dumb audiences

i always thought bond were reboots everytime they changed actors

is it really just one long saga or something?

its a reboot every movie. each one is a stand alone really

the books had an ongoing internal continuity but the films threw that out

It's a long series of different agents each using the James Bond persona

Lol tl:dr

>people still believe this

Jesus Christ. I guess every single one of them just happen to have dead wives too.

Imagine being Sung Kang

Proved wrong by Skyfall with Bond's parents headstones - Mr. and Mrs. Bond.

/o/ here i hope they all die in the same fashion as ryan dunn and the other clown

Except the 2 previous films when he was still alive were also extremely popular and making progressively more money.

It's like when people say the only reason TDK made so much money was because of Ledgers death but then they ignore the fact TDKR (the apparent weak film of the trilogy) made even more money than TDK.

> MCU technically
Can this marketed meme please die?

>is it really just one long saga or something?
It's best to not even think about these things

They were already going to make more regardless

You mean more of what the weakest earner of the series was about and less of what made it a billion dollar franchise?

Good luck with that.

Because it's basically the same as transformers minus the robots.

don't the chinks and spics love these movies?

that's probably why

It's capeshit for spics and niggers.

This. Paul Walker wasn't a big enough name to make F7 a billion dollar movie. It was upward progression. F8 will also be a billion dollar movie though hopefully the ridiculousness, while amusing in F7, is toned back down.

Simply.

it's car kino.

It was proven wrong by not being a retard, simply watching the fucking movies and knowing the theory makes about as much sense as Bond being a time lord regenerating.

>they ignore the fact TDKR (the apparent weak film of the trilogy) made even more money than TDK

Please. It made $80 million more. It's not like it make $800 million more. It also made less domestically than TDK.

Poor you.

Sane person.

I really am surprised how well 7 turned out all things considered. Justin Lin bailed because they wanted to fast track the film for release a year after 6 came out so they were working with a rushed script and then Paul Walker does halfway through the fucking thing and they gotta do reshoots to try to make sense out of what was already a rushed product.

I understand people thinking the movie was terrible but I really am shocked they pieced together something as coherent as they did when something like BvS or Independence Day 2 can spend 3-20 years in development and still be released as a fucking mess.

>it made more
>but it didn't really make more

Please, you just proved my point. It made more so the idea that Ledgers death was the only thing responsible for TDK's success was proven wrong.

>Everything I have read about Paul Walker is that he was a genuine guy

It certainly says something that he died right after leaving a charity event.

How did it get from being a realistic movie that involved cars and racing to jumping out of planes with cars?

And how did Vin Diesel's character who was some mechanic beat an ex special forces killing machine?

It has good directing and great action sequences

Little CGI so no retarded looking robots

It isn't sci fi so it doesn't shoot itself in the foot in the plot. The plot is very simple where bad guy does stuff and team finds a way to beat bad guy.

In the end removing the robots and space does a lot for a movie.

>MCU
Conflicted. It's composed by three movies of diferent characters.