Any medfags here?

any medfags here?
I got this cut 4 days ago. I've never had this sort of swelling on a small cut like this.
Should I go to the doctor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
quora.com/Does-pouring-alcohol-on-an-open-wound-help-If-so-how-What-are-the-cons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3117956/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

also fuck this chin. had to resize image before I could post

It doesn't take a medfag to see that is infected as fuck. I mean, look at your filthy hands, no wonder it's infected. Go see a doctor.

up

clean with detergent.
should heal up in 4-6 days

Are you a nigger or just dirty?

I know it's infected.
my hands are a lot cleaner than usual. I don't have the time to see a doctor

Bought this today
kys

I'm sure you'll have time once you're unemployed after you are amputated.
Nothing is a better line in your resume than "I only have one hand".

a guy I know is a mechanic. cut himself on greasy metal. nothing even worth stitches.

lost his arm due to a bad infection.

so yeah OP, you need to see a doctor. that amount of swelling only indicates infection. and an infection can get bad, quick.

be proactive, I'm assuming you could really use that hand.

>I don't have the time to see a doctor
What's more important than losing your hand? Seriously though, wash you hands, especially if you have a cut like that on them.

I'm a director in my company. I can do office work..that gets boring though so I'm hands on.
I was hoping to avoid a doctor vist.
surely there is something I can buy at the chemist

just stretch it out into a nice wrist pussy to relieve yourself for those even rougher times ahead

I work with rusty steel and got my last tetanus shot 5 years ago

nope.

You need a doctor to prescribe antibiotics and potentially suture the wound

righto I'll go tomorrow.

you're good for 10 years with tetanus shots

but it is infected. you'll want some antibiotics for that one.

>I don't have the time to see a doctor

Well do your company a favor, tell them you're leaving the job, and just kill yourself to speed things along for everyone else then.

I guess I'll do a half day tomorrow.
thanks sexy

and put 15 men out of work..
Big favor

treat with hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, and take the time to bandage it. Bacteria is festering/growing inside of your wound. You'll want to reform the scab after you sterilize what is there with hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol.
After you sterilize, you'll want to seal with that cream you have or preferably a petroleum gel based anti-septic salve. Then bandage it to the best of your abilities. Change the bandage.

This is what a doctor would do (if it hasn't gone completely septic, which it doesn't look like it has yet). If it gets worse and worse, you'd have to get antibiotics and some of your wrist/your hand removed.

- Microbiologist.

all I have is antiseptic cream

you can find isopropyl rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide at literally almost any store that sells bandages for like 2-3 dollars...

nah that looks fine. just wash with detergent/any soap

dude just go..... do you not care? my dad lost his foot to not caring

not possible to get to a store for the next 8 hrs

Medfag here.

You need a proper physical examination and probably antibiotics.

And clean your fucking hands.

And people suggesting antiseptics, how stupid are you?

you lost your dad because he didn't care about you

i'm telling you dude. its cool. Just ignore it and it'll solve itself. sterilize it with a lighter if you're really concerned.

lol diabetes

I wouldn't worry about it.

what's wrong with antiseptic?

Soak your entire hand and wrist in a solution of 99.9% isopropyl alcohol.

no first aid kit?

just go to the free doctor and enjoy the free health care, and take a shower fark

at first you should keep your wounds clean

it's called blood poisoning

Any good ole booze will do.

I had a corpsman pour good ole jim beam in my arm after I caught shrapnel. Didn't get infected. The only reason rubbing alcohol is undrinkable is because that's how they make it, and also why it's so cheap. They denature it to deter people from drinking it and making it saleable to anyone.

Just pour some vodka or other clear ish alcoholic drank over your cut and wash with soap and water. Let it dry, apply cream, cover.

I've had shit worse than this that I've cleaned up. You just really gotta get shit in there, then keep a clean bandage on it for a week or two until it closes up again.

why would I need one?

Calling it now that ops is going to loose his hand

straight wild turkey is all I have

10/10 reply

would read again

blood poisoning will have you screaming in bed OP
but you look like a spotted pig so i doubt you own a bed.

Need to get some maggots in there to cleN out the rotted flesh... Bonus, roast maggots are tasty

you literally have no excuse faggot - go to the doctor

>australian plain packaging cigarettes
>medicare
>bulk billing doctor

Jesus guy, wash a hand or two now and then

it'll work, just take a swig before you apply it. The properties of alcohol is that it will kill most microorganisms including the infecting bacteria.

That's how the corpsman explained it to me. I had bourbon save my arm, just rinse it well so it doesn't get sticky. It will hurt like hell, but that's half the fun.

quora.com/Does-pouring-alcohol-on-an-open-wound-help-If-so-how-What-are-the-cons

Read that, it helps. No need to go get rubbing alcohol.

You use antiseptics on a cut when it is fresh, not when it is already infected.

I am a business owner. I have to pay in full or my insurance premium will go up. it's already at 16c to the $ on gross income for each employee

Suggesting antiseptics to treat a wound that is likely infected and that you haven't examined is beyond clueless.

Congrats on taking a stupid, unnecessary risk. Luckily for the rest of people, Medicine doesn't work like that.

Have decent medical knowledge it looks like you ruptured a portion of the artery that flows through that part of your wrist there are two main ones find the ball of your wrist palm down feel the little crevice in front of that main ball bone on your wrist. Also the second artery is where your cut is where nurses usually feel for your pulse. Go see a doctor seek treatment immediately cause if you ruptured an artery it's either edema and or a build up of blood and immfamation and you run the risk of cell death ( look for purple or dark portions on fingers or near the injury numbness is also a bad sign. Also if it is painful you either need to get the blood drained and the wound cleaned and after doing that they may need to in patch the artery because you don't wanna fuck with proper blood flow of risk throwing a clot. Hell if your really unlucky you'll get an embolism usually not too dangerous but if your body throws a fat embolism or it moves through an artery to your brain or lungs it can cause stroke or death. So basically go seek treatment if not now tomorrow as soon as you can.

Yeah, you use live maggots on an Infected wound

You could go see a doctor. But he can't really help you since that's cut has clearly become cancerous.

why would it say on the packaging that it fights infection
hot day today. I'll smash a beer down with it. I agree, the pain is half the fun

Your medical knowledge is shit. There is literally no indication that he ruptured an artery. He's had that cut for 4 days you stupid fuck.

As a MD, I concur, that is clearly testicular cancer In The picture

Read first link posted led puppy commands it

its almost already healed.

are you this fucking retarded? or just trolling?

A little thing that exploits clueless fucks like you. It's called marketing.

After you get back from casualty, post pics of your amputated stump

I'm clueless because I don't understand medicine?
yet I can build a highrise from the ground up...yeh I must be autistic

Lawl... I'm a big swinging dick because I'm a builder... Come at me bro

it was almost already healed the day after.
it keeps getting worse.

I'm not a builder, structural reinforcement...What you say is correct though

Apparently a microbiologist shouldn't give medical advice those two recommendations are stupid first DO NOT use hydrogen peroxide OR high proof isopropyl alcohol because his wound is directly on one of two main arteries that to flow from your arm and wrist to your heart and back. If you put ether of those corrosive substances on a wound that seems infected and if not infected it seems as if he punctured the artery underneath and has internal edema aka bleeding and immflamation. He needs to have it drained sterilized and the artery may even need to be sutured. Go seek treatment unless you want the infection to spread causing multi level cell death as well as most likely eventual amputation. If you really lucky you'll only get severely ill for two to three weeks.

What kind of aholes are you? If this killed him how would we survive as a species before antibiotics? This type of behavior is exactly why antibiotics are not effective no more... Because you take them for everything... OP I had much worse, its gonna be ok... Just clean in properly and put something over it when you work withouth gloves... Just keep the dirt away... Your body will do the rest...

It fights the first stages of infection, not the latter ones. You became infected almost immediately after cutting yourself, and the wound closed up just as quickly. You can't fight the infection with antiseptic anymore, as it now as no way of reaching the infection under your skin.

You are an idiot.

1.) That cut doesn't look very deep
2.) Alcohol is not corrosive
3.) That infection doesn't look that bad
4.) You're autistic as fuck.

Why is it so fucking dirty.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalistic_fallacy

He left his computer?

hey fellow aussie, just go to coles or woolies and grab some manuka honey (the higher the number the better) slather that on, wrap it. you'll be fucking fine m8

go fist a cow in the ass?

The swelling is due to bacterial growth and white blood cell death occurring within the cut aka pus. Seeing as the cut has already sealed shut, you'll have to reopen it and drain the pus then rinse it out with hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol, or as user suggested, plain old liquor to help wash out the bacteria. Then you can apply the antiseptic cream to slow down or stop the bacterial growth, and bandage it up it afterwards. You can't let these infections get out of control or you'll risk the chance of it going sepsis and then going into septic shock.

The only cure is to use a sawnoff shotgun to blast the infection out, use buckshot its guaranteed to only go after dead tissue

He can still jack off with one hand ; It's all good

That looks infected.

Unless you get the scab off that is currently on most of the infected tissue. There is dead tissue under that scab that is feeding a growth of bacteria. The rest of the bacteria "inside of the wound" is actually just swelling from the immune response of the infected scab.

Peal off the scab, it will hurt like a bitch, sterilize the fuck out of it, the keep it covered and a clean bandage on it with re-application of antiseptic cream. You'll probably be fine.
If it doesn't get better after such things, THEN you can go to the doctor.

If you notice I give that as one of four possibilities it's also highly likely that he has an infection. I don't care when it happened you've never heard of an artery becoming infected causing blood and pus to build up underneath the skin? I don't see you providing better information in fact you seem to only criticize me while not giving any better information. I honestly couldn't know exactly what it is without being able to examine him in person so I'm just telling him what it could be.I also posted this in response to the noobs suggesting he use hydro peroxide or rubbing alcohol aka corrosives directly in a cut that's most likely infected and seems to have edema. How about this we are both in Sup Forums get over your faggy ego nobody cares about your opinion faggot.

Care to explain why? Or are you just gonna call me dumb. Basically your like a 3 year old HURR YOU TUPID I NO GIV VETTER ANSEER BUT I SMART. Grow up highschool fag rofl get over yourself

>how would we survive as a species before antibiotics?
Frequent breeding. Death from infection used to be a very common.

idiots. if alcohol kills bacteria then if we drink it wouldn't it kill us since there's more bacteria cells inside of us than "us" cells? pouring liquor on a wound is dumb

It's not a possibility, you stupid fuck. When it happened matters, if you actually knew medicine you'd know how important time of evolution is.

And it's not about egos you autistic fuck, you don't know who I am, nor do I care. You're just wrong and seem like some autistic kid trying to sound smart.

>Basically your like a 3 year old HURR YOU TUPID I NO GIV VETTER ANSEER BUT I SMART. Grow up highschool fag rofl get over yourself

dat autism, rofl

armchair PHD FIGHT

>calling me a high school student
>you obviously are one yourself

Because your "medical knowledge" is lower than an episode of scrubs. You've latched on to one diagnosis, which there is literally no sign of, not only that but you then go on to attack multiple people with that bullshit diagnosis. Your spelling and grammar are absolute shit, much like that of a high school student. Then you get super defensive and start screeching with retard rage when called on your bullshit. That's why you're an idiot. Now fuck off, chuckles.

>If this killed him how would we survive as a species before antibiotics

the average age of the common man was 30 years old in nature. most of them died from disease and infections;

as long as you can have offspring before 30 then your species will survive.

First off a wound doesn't need be deep to damage an artery tard. Believe it or not people can have internal bleeding from no cuts at all in having force exerted with enough force on a small area it transfers that energy and causes internal damage you'll understand when you take physics your sophomore or junior year actually in seeing how stupid you are I.e >alcohol is not corrosive
It'll probably be your senior year of COLLEGE cause your obviously a retard. Not like actually autistic your just so stupid your "special" Here's a quote from ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3117956/. " the metabolism of alcohol which also occurs during simple topicle administration causes the production of acetaldehyde and reactive oxygen species as well as moieties that damage not only healthy tissues but normal biological functions which not only inhibit proper cell function but slow healing and normal cell growth instead of promote it" so while it may be antibacterial it also damages our cells as well as damaging the cell walls of bacteria hmm kind of obvious right

Oh no someone on his criticizing me better rethink my life rofl get over yourself fag. No actually I have him about 4 different possibilities one being infection. Oh I'm in highschool? Even though I'm 28 wow im reeeeaaaaallllllly late call in for me will you?

See my post here I'm not typing anymore

ad hominem attacks, a classic.

Need antibiotics. It is infected, you may need a couple of stitches. Try to keep it clean.

So that means that you will be living ok with only one hand? . . . I honestly hope that that infection is not curable so they have to amputate your hand.

This is how evolution works, stupid idiot gets infected, to stupid to go to doctor, loses hand, girls find him creepy, doesn't reproduce, dies without passing on his genes.

God damn you are mad. It's not eternal bleeding, faggot, it's a fucking infection. Just get over yourself already.

>28 and still acting like a 15 year old

I wouldn't brag about that.