A question to the people in the coloured areas

Please, answer honestly and leaving economical reasoning aside; let's imagine that it's the 16th century again and this 3 -4- countries are top dogs for a second.
>To the people born/raised in the orange zones or that have complete ancestry from there
How close you feel to each other in terms of race and culture? How close do you feel to the people in red in terms of culture and race -be specific in each case if you want-? How close do you feel to yellow zones in terms of culture and race?
>To the people born/raised in the red zones or that have complete ancestry from there
Same questions, but in relation to the other red parts in addition.
>To the people born/raised in the yellow zones or that have complete ancestry from there
Same questions and previously.

I know there might be a lot of memeing around with WE WUZ ROME'N'SHIIEEEEEEEEEET, but that's not the point of this thread, I'm not trying to WE WUZ here as much as I'm trying to see if the Latin peoples do actually feel any connection to each other or if we are just geopolitical neighbourghs.

My answers as someone from the orange zones:
>I feel INCREDIBLY close, both culturally and racially, to the orange parts. More so culturally than racially.
>I feel INCREDIBLY close, both culturally and racially, to the red and orange Iberians.
>I feel VERY culturally close to red Italians and close racially.
>I feel SLIGHTLY culturally close to the French and Swiss red zones and VERY LITTLE racially.
>I feel COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to the yellow zones.

Other urls found in this thread:

france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr/le-blog-de-viure-al-pais-france3/2016/09/20/leglise-catholique-dariege-demande-pardon-pour-la-croisade-contre-les-albigeois.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump #1

Last bump.
Come on, Sup Forums, don't die on me.

Orange here (Aquitaine)
I feel very close to the people in the orange area of south western France and Spain, but not much with South eastern France and Northern Italy.
I feel close about the people in Red in France, but less so in Spain, Italy and Switzerland.
I feel less close with the people in Northern France, but we still share a lot, they're more countrymen united under Paris than "my people" at the regional sense.

I was born and raised in the yellow zone. I feel close to the people of the Southwest of France as well as the British islands - I don't care about the East of France, that it is yellow, red or orange, as well as Portugal, Spain and Italy.

>race

Sardinian so we're not close to anybody

>culture

a mix of Spanish and S.Italian but more leaning to the Spanish side

Galicianfag here, I only feel affinity with asturians.

Are you Basque French or broader Southern French?
Would you say you feel a stronger connection to Scotland than Italy?
>the Spanish side
Do you mean the Med coast or Spain as a whole?

>How close you feel to each other in terms of race and culture?

Race and culture : I only feel close to Italy (N.Italy, in particular) and Romania...I don't know why

>How close do you feel to the people in red in terms of culture and race

Well, I feel kinda close to the Middle of France, "racially and culturally". I don't feel close to S.Spain/Portugal/Italy at all, tho

>How close do you feel to yellow zones in terms of culture and race?

... :^)

Nothing with the Portuguese?

So, who would you say you feel closer too in the greater "European" picture? To the Germanic neighbourghs or the British?

No, I'm broadly south western French. Spent a lot of time a bit everywhere in the region despite being from Bordeaux. From what I visited Spain there's definitely a shared culture.

Scotland, Italy is too far away, it takes one day to go to Italy and they don't live like us.

Spanish sounds more like Sardinian than Italian, also our clothes and cuisine is more similar to that of the Spaniards, genetically we're closer to Spain too than to Italy

I don't feel close to Germanic countries at all.

My Latin side says "Latin countries are brother countries, even if you don't feel particularly close to them" and my HOLUP WE WUZ CELTIC SIDE says "ayyyyy, British Isles are cool, mate, they're celts, just like you"

Being a britboo fascinated by English culture and world really doesn't help...

Thanks for you answers, and now, for both of you: would you say there's any kind of doubt when a French man says they are primarely French like it happens in some/many cases with Spaniards and Italians? Or do you feel France is still an ethnically and racially coherent and consistent nation?

>I don't feel close to Germanic countries at all.

Except Britain, of course. And maybe the French parts of Belgium and Switzerland

Not really, maybe if I lived next to the border.

Well, Britain was french'd after all.

Yea...having them as our rival for hundreds of years helped establishing a "special relationship"

This

Do you have any particular feelings toward Catalán culture over broadly Spanish culture?
Thanks for your answers.

Red here that was born in the yellow zone

I feel closer to the people from the orange zones culturally and racially. As a terrone that isn't dark at all and don't scream so much like other terrones do, i feel closer to the people in the orange parts. But i really like all 4 countries i feel closer to france than spain or porutgal.

Or do you feel France is still an ethnically and racially coherent and consistent nation?

Not him but France is a fucking cultural orgy.

That's what happen when you conquer lots of territories and then colonize shitholes all over the world...now, leftards (and even some normal people) affirm French people can be white, blacks, yellow, blue, red, green...it killed our (white and european) identity, it's a tragedy.

No problem and I didn't mean to be rude, I really like you and Portugal, but I just don't feel really close to you lads.

There's a city in Sardinia (Alghero) where people speak Catalan as a dialect. I guess Catalans had a big influence over Sardinia

Do you feel any kind of cultural/ethnic shock in Switzerland?

Based Swiss

France has a long history of propaganda about "the French people" since the Revolution. That's why they repressed so much regional languages. From that came the idea of "our ancestors, the Gauls". Even when teaching the Hundred Years War, it always felt to me that England invaded half of France instead of being Frenchies fighting other Frenchies (like for Aquitaine) because of succession bonkerness. There really is a "French identity" that's stronger than our regional identity, but regional identity still exists. Like most southerners will feel that northerners are colder, taller, while northerners think southerners are hot headed, like to party and enjoy the sun, everyone agreeing Parisians are cunts.
Definitely not as strong as in Spain for example.

I don't feel close at all to the orange part racially, a bit close to Catalogne culturally, very close racially to the yellow part, completely unrelated to the rest.

>it killed our (white and european) identity, it's a tragedy.
I understand what you mean, the same thing has been happening in Spain. Though, I don't have a big problem with it, since in Spain each group is clearly divided and mixing among the colonials and peninsulares is almost non-existent.
>cultural orgy
But do you feel that said cultures -the ones in mainland France- are or should be together? For example, I believe the Iberian peoples should be together -let's forget about current tensions- but with different cultures.
Nothing rude about it.
This is what brought me to ask. Thanks for the answers.

Swiss are really closed up people and i don't really celebrate their national day. I served the army and am well integrated but i could never imagine myself becoming like a real swiss. Swiss people just tend to be really shut in like the scandies they become only talkactive when they are drunk. My only cultural shock was that swiss women don't cook and clean as much like immigrants moms do kek

Catalogne is not Iberian culturally, they are Occitan, otherwise I think an ethnolinguistic subdivision of France respecting the original ethnolinguistic borders would solve many issues, the Chinese model comes to mind, French as a lingua franca but promotion and protection of local languages and cultures.

Can't work with arabs, africans and muslims in the country though, they'd just take advantage of it.

And do you feel stronger a French man or an individual or your region?
>the orange part
Do you mean all the orange parts or the non-French orange parts?

the whole orange part, I'm as different from a Bordelais as from an Italian.

>But do you feel that said cultures -the ones in mainland France- are or should be together?

...yea, of course we should stay together, "united we stand, divided we fall"

But I recognize we "culturally genocided" some cultures, the most important one being the Occitan culture. I often group French southerners around this Occitan culture, this Occitan "world".

Cataluña is a special case. We call them the "French Spaniards", since they are culturally based on, as you said, Occitan, but the Castilian influx is quite strong there.
So, something akin to a "confederation"? Having economical freedom but sharing the same "common objective" of the broader French people?
And do you feel "at home" or is this social disconnection too much?

>Swiss people just tend to be really shut in like the scandies they become only talkactive when they are drunk.

>French Spaniards
HA now I know what makes them so unbearable

the feudal model tickles my fancy

Jacobinism was a mistake anyway, we need to move towards a more federal model.

>Jacobinism

Revolution was a mistake.
Paris was a mistake.
Republic was a mistake.
Freedom, democracy are pure bullshit.

Interesting, I didn't expect that. So, would you call yourself French, Occitanian or Pirenaical? I see Ariege's coat of arms has the red and yellow Aragonian/Catalán motive, but I don't know if it has a different origin, do you feel anything in regards to Aragón since you feel a bit close to Cataluña culturally?

I feel at home here, at least in my hometown. When i'm in France or Italy i feel at home too even though i never lived there. I think its because of the cultural/language bond. But i have to say i feel comfier in the southern part of France than in the northern maybe because of the architecture.

The red zone in portugal makes no fucking sense.
In any case,I was born in Algarve and lived there in all my infancy and then my parents moved to the North with me.
There's absolutely no difference.Algarve is a little hotter and dry and it's pretty awesome to live there during the summer because there's alot of tourists and everything.
The only difference I recall is that Algarve is oftenly forgotten in every month that is not in summer...
I think in portugal the differences are more in coast-interior.
The coastal people are more worldly and open while the interior people are easily overwhelmed.
So basically there's realy no difference to where you're born.There's always that rivalry about porto vs lisbon tho.In short,portugal doesn't have a divison between south and north like italy and spain although we do aknowledge the fact that the celts and suebis used to live in the north

>So, would you call yourself French, Occitanian or Pirenaical?
Ariégeois in France, French abroad

>I see Ariege's coat of arms has the red and yellow Aragonian/Catalán motive
It's unrelated, I think, it was created in 1950 as a mash up of the former region that make up the modern département.

>do you feel anything in regards to Aragón since you feel a bit close to Cataluña culturally?
Not really.

>The red zone in portugal makes no fucking sense.
The colours are based upon geographical distances. I wanted to make the closer groups the same colour, since I know there are people in Portugal who would feel closer to Madrid than to Burdeos.
And how do you feel towards the orange regions in the other countries?

Typical FN voter

>Ariégeois in France

>And do you feel stronger a French man or an individual or your region?
It depends. Internationally I'm a French man because I don't expect foreigners to grasp the subtlety of the French diversity. When needed to I'll precise about the South West.
In France we fight about how we say "chocolatine/pain au chocolat" (pro tip: it's chocolatine) so I'm primarly from my region.
I'd say I feel stronger as someone from my region because of shared culture than French, but it needs context.
Great thread btw

Why? Because I want a united France? Because I recognize we destroyed Occitan culture?

If the typical FN voter is the only voter with a brain, then I'll take it as a compliment.

>Ariégeois in France, French abroad
One in opposition to the other or one as a particular subgroup of the other?

The Pain au chocolat/Chocolatine thing is a meme, you know

Thanks again for the answers; the thread is good because of the answers, which have been honest and informative.

>Not wanting a reason to fight with other people
Spotted the northerner. You guys are too soft.

>Northerner

But I'm from Touraine, it's literally called "Région Centre"...!

WANNA FIGHT?

Born and bred here
I feel kinda close to Catalonia, travelling in my region and Catalonia I saw lots of similar landscapes, food, architecture. Also the similarities between Occitan and Catalan (although Occitan is barely spoken here, very far from how common Catalan is)
And the fact that my region is called "Languedoc-Roussillon" because it includes "Rosselló", an area traditionnaly Catalan
We aren't really South-West or South-East, the whole region is in between, the east being closer culturally to Provence and the west to Toulouse's region, so I consider myself just a southerner

>How close do you feel to the people in red in terms of culture and race

Close with the French part (but more if it was the Occitan speaking area instead of nowadays "made up" borders) because it's still southern France. I don't think there are many racial differences between the orange and red areas of France. I don't feel many ties to southern Italy and southern Spain tho, except we're all Mediterranean. But I like these places anyway

>How close do you feel to yellow zones in terms of culture and race?

Still very close with the yellow part because before being "Languedocien" I'm French, and feel at home in all its mainland regions. It's true the north and south are very different in many aspects but we're all French in the same sinking boat. Don't know about race tho, I see people of all kind in every region tbf, even in the south there are still enough blond and pale people and the north also has its tanned black haired ones

Everything above the Garonne is north, windy and gray.
BRING IT ON IVE BEEN AT THE TOP OF MY RUGBY SCHOOL AND HAVE 300 CONFIRMED TACKLES
You're nothing than a little footballer,kiddo

sub-group of course; although a lot of my older family members who are descended from the Cathares would never call themselves French.

PREPARE TO DIE, SOUTHERNER

> a lot of my older family members who are descended from the Cathares would never call themselves French.

Absolutely disgusting

GASCOGNE INDEPENDAAAANTE
POUR MONTAUBAN, LES CHOCOLATINES ET LE CANARD

don't be a literal muslim, catharism is the true christian redpill and it will come back one day.

And what about the orange parts of Spain, Portugal and Italy? Do you feel they are too far from Southern France in both race and culture?

I'm surprised with how many French poster are participating in this thread, I was expecting this to be a Spanish/Portuguese thread mostly.

Us southerners just want any excuse to shit on the northern part.

>ceci tue l'Australien

well, if it pisses this shitty pope off, then I'm okay with it

North Sardinia here. I feel little connection on the Italian red side and very little with the south Iberian side. Our area has always been more influenced by Tuscany, Liguria, Piedmont and the Aragonese as well as the Provence side in more ancient times.
Even the Roman presence or the Byzantine one feel pretty weak as my area was kinda super irrelevant and often depopulated and repopulated anyway.

As for the rest of Sardinia, the connection is definitely bigger but not as big as it may sound. We speak a very different dialect with medieval Tuscan origins and even genetically we are kinda separated from the rest with likely both Corsican and n. Italian influence, even recent(many came from the north to work in mines and forests, plenty of people including me carry northern surnames).

Overall we are definitely more connected with the orange than with the rest.

>Le 16 octobre risque bien d’être un jour historique : dans l’église de Montségur l’évêque de Pamiers Jean-Marc Eychenne fera une demande de pardon, au nom des catholiques d’Ariège, pour avoir participé à des actes contraires à l’Évangile, autrement dit une repentance visant la Croisade contre les Albigeois et plus précisément le bûcher de Montségur. Une démarche de fraternité entre chrétiens -les cathares faisaient bien partie de la chrétienté- dans un esprit de réconciliation. Une initiative personnelle de l’évêque qui s’inscrit dans un objectif plus large du pape François qui invite l’Eglise catholique à vivre l’année 2016 sous le signe de la miséricorde. Une célébration et une marche silencieuse vers le site de La Prade sont également prévues pour ce qui constitue déjà un événement.
france3-regions.blog.francetvinfo.fr/le-blog-de-viure-al-pais-france3/2016/09/20/leglise-catholique-dariege-demande-pardon-pour-la-croisade-contre-les-albigeois.html

Less leftards in France. Good idea, fuck off.

topkek, quels cocus.

Plus le temps passe, plus je préfère le protestantisme.

Calvinisme oui, les Luthériens sont des connards judaïsés et je te parle même pas des Baptistes et surtout des évangélistes.

Sinon y'a le gallicanisme, le Catholicisme traditionnel français remplacé par l'Ultramontanisme au XIX siècle.

>Luthériens sont des connards judaïsés et je te parle même pas des Baptistes et surtout des évangélistes.

Ah ?

And how do you feel with modern day Italy? Do you feel "Italian" is a strong identity that remains firm in all of the territories that are nowadays part of the country?

tu devrais lire C.G. Jung et Evola sur les américains et les protestants, le protestantisme germanique est défini comme une fétichisation dégénérée du judaïsme.

No I think they are also close. Some parts more than other since even within these areas there are different places (for instance Galicia is probably very different from my region even though they're both in orange, which itself is very different than the Italian Alps)
But considering them whole they share many things. Can't say a lot about race since it's not something that bothers me as far as it's between Europeans, there must be differences for sure but someone from another orange part wouldn't look alien compared to the people living in my region.
I kinda ignored Portugal, no bully it's just that it feels more distant since we don't share a border like with Spain and Italy. It's a country I like and feels closer to than to Germany or Belgium as a southern European, even though as a French we don't share that much with them.
I mentionned Europe several time, not a fan of the European Union nor would I wish Europe to be a single country but it's just that I like and respect pretty much all Euro countries so I don't mind issues like race when it's related to close neighbours

it seems it's only strong when it doesn't really matter, like with sports events
to this day it's a pretty weak identity I'd say

>le protestantisme germanique

Je croyais que le protestantisme venait essentiellement de pays germaniques

(à part peut être le Calvinisme)

Can't say that's wrong.

orange here.
i fell connected to nothing but tuscany.

Le Calvinisme est Français, et le reste des protestantismes sont de la merde.

Do you feel my farts when the wind goes east ?

Protestantisme Français, meilleur Protestantisme

i'm too busy enjoying the the best part of the world

>le reste des protestantismes sont de la merde

*TOUS les protestantismes sont de la merde

we're neighbors ?

forgot pic

Red here, I don't really know how to answer these questions.

I don't feel close to the orange parts outside of my country
t. orange

i don't know do you live here?

Yeah, I leave sports identities out, because what I've usually seen is that what matters more to them is the geopolitical division, more than the historical-cultural.
You say it's pretty weak identity, but do you feel what's "Italian" -or at least what's commonly referred to as so- in the world of curated culture -literature, cinematography, architecture... etc- is uniting of the peoples in the country?
I'm not a fan of the EU, and while I'm not a pro-German/pro-Nordic, I don't wish them harm and see them as a positive group in the European picture, just not in the political world.
You say that people in the orange parts wouldn't feel alien, and I like how you put it, since this is part of the reason why I even started this thread, so, let me ask you, would you consider a German to be alien within France? What about Southern France?

If only the Great Schism didn't happen, they could be buddies as well.

The language is a mess, but honestly they deserve to keep their funny letters and their aorist and their breathings.

I'm from outside those areas, I don't care about any of these areas, why do you make this thread op?

Disgusting sudaca from Galicia here.
I feel very similiar to red and orange France, red Switzerland and orange Italy. I dont know anyone from red Italy or yellow Switzerland/France, and feel a bit different from red Spain.
Portugal feels very foreign for some reason.

Calvinists were actually law abiding subjects of the king overall unlike Lutherans, until the revocation, then many went abroad, the famous Huguenots.

no I live here

Then you don't matter,fucktard.

I was born and raised in cantabria (Orange), and I feel culturally close to tthe rest of the orange zone.

North of italy is very similar to north of Spain, and the people from south of france are a bit different since I noticed it to be more... Quiet. I mean there are not many towns, more like large villages.
I haven't been to the southeast of France tho.

Noice

Not even culturally? Would you feel alien in Madrid or Burdeos?
Then answer this if it's better: would you feel alien in, say, Madrid? do you think the cultural and racial differences are too big, small or non at all?
Which country and why? Is language in particular? because of race and language?

You lucky cunt. I'm stuck in my grey city because of work. I just want to take a week and go back to the countryside. Can't even have a proper weekend.

I see Greeks as cousins, I didn't put them in since I think they are very strongly Greek before any Latin.
I said it in the OP, I want to see if the Latin identity is alive, since I truly believe the places coloured in orange and many in red are a continuum of race and culture whose differences are enough to make them distinctive individuals but close enough to be 1st grade family.
Born and brought up in Galicia or Argentina-born Galician?
Do you feel closer to the Iberian peoples as a whole or to the orange zones?

Spain, I'm from Madrid
I wouldn't feel alien anywhere as I'm too used to being a foreign

It's not for any reason in particular, I feel closer to the rest of Spain than to the French or Italian, but I don't feel closer to someone from Galicia than to someone from, say, Ibiza.

>would you consider a German to be alien within France? What about Southern France?

More than a Spaniard or an Italian yes, German tourists, Dutch ones or even British ones are usually easy to spot among a crowd, not so much for Italian or Spanish people in my opinion. Physically first, and I don't know the ones I see seems more "clumsy" in France than the Spanish/Italians, feel more foreign even though we're also neighbours with Germany and share a lot of History.
This is my experience in southern France mostly. I stick with what I said about Germans looking more alien than Spanish and Italians with northern France too, but it feels less out of place since France is a weird mix of Germanic and Latin things (among others) and the Germanic traits are stronger in the northern half

Born in Galicia, came here when I was 6.