Chronic alcoholic thread, also jail thread

Chronic alcoholic thread, also jail thread.

How many of you are dealing w alcohol issues? What are your symptoms? How long have you been a drunk?

Have you been to jail? What were your charges? How was the experience?

A bit about myself... Chronic alcoholic here, get the shakes and heart palpitations, cold and hot sweats, dry heaving.. The whole 9 when I don't drink

Just trying to see if there are any degenerates like myself on Sup Forums right now... Come in and chat.

Yo user

Just quit. Never got too bad (imo) but I would spend every cent I had on liquor.

I was functioning, only did it for about 5 years (since the day I turned 21) but I luckily caught it in time thanks to other anons and people I knew who warned me.

There is help, if you want it. Not trying to preach mane, I been there....

Jail: No jail. Thk god I always lucky enough to miss the cops when I was headed home from parties/bars but usually I just stayed in and drank myself to sleep every fuckin night lol

how did it start?

Dunno if I would be considered a functioning alcoholic. Drink every weekend about 750mL of liquor, alone. Been doing this for 1 year and a half. Every night on the weekends drink myself to sleep. Don't have abstinence symptons, just headaches sometimes

yes op. I have been. it wasn't pleasant. still didn't change me.

I get the shakes and anxiety first thing in the morning when i wake up. need to have one or can't function
1/10 would not recommend

Do you want to keep drinking without the physical illness? Do you want to stop drinking and do something else with yourself? Or do you just want to die and get it over with?

How old are you user? Tell us more of your story?

I'm 50, and drink over a quart of bourbon every day. I don't shake or anything if I stop, and it hasn't really affected my life yet.....as in, no job issues or things like that.

However, I do know I drink way more than is healthy, and I revolve my activities around it. For example, I don't like to visit family or friends or go to events if I can't have alcohol.

I started drinking beer at 14 and just loved it. There's a history of alcoholism in my family tho, so I think I loved it a bit too much. In my early 20's I went through a religious-fag phase, which honestly probably saved my life and kept me from going batshit with it. When I got over being a godboy (around 24), I went back to drinking and here I am. Graduated from just beer to having a few beers followed by whiskey, to starting with vodka and finishing with whiskey....and now I strictly just drink bourbon.

As for jail, I've been arrested twice for DUI. Not much to it, just a night in jail and my fellow drunkard girlfriend bailed me out. A few thousand in lawyers fees later, and one of them was pled down to reckless driving and the other to open container. So I've been lucky there but it cost me a fortune.

The girl I'm with now doesn't drink quite as much as I do, but she's not far behind for her age / weight. She does shake sometimes but she has other issues and the shakes might have another source as well. So that's my deal....

Not OP

I guess I would consider myself a functioning alcoholic. I tend to down at least a 1.75 bottle of whiskey a week. Ive stopped drinking for a few weeks at a time here and there mostly to prove to myself that I can stop if I wanted. No law issues here, just sit at home and get hammered, I'm antisocial. I get headaches, hot sweats, heart palpatations, but I guess I'm kidding myself by not attributing it to my drinking.

This is me:

I'm much the same as you, but have been doing it longer. Honestly, tho, I don't have much doubt that it will get worse if I don't start addressing it.

With that said, my life is great and I like to drink so what's the problem?

Tell us your story user? How'd you start and why? Any therapy or have you tried to quit?

OP seems to have disappeared but I'd be interested in an answer to this as well.

Functioning 27 yo Alcholic here.

Drink a few beers on a bottle of red wine every night. As above user said, i revolve my social life around drinking, i hit it heavier at the weekends.

Went through a period of drinking vodka with mixer at work, stopped when i got drunk in work and people noticed. Managed to play it off as being over tired. Never drank in work again.

Feel anxious as shit when i wake up every morning.

Never had issues with the law but done some shitty things when drunk that i get anxious and ashamed of everytime i think about everything. Then drink to dull the feelings. Vicious cycle.

I've stopped for a day or two at a time, but can't recall the last time I went a few weeks. Same deal, though, as a result of my DUI history and a gf who is too young to legally drink, I stay at home and get hammered daily.

I have motivation issues, poor sleep patterns, anti-social tendencies, etc. And like you, I'd be crazy if I didn't attribute some of that to my drinking.

Not OP either, but you guys are interesting. Wish OP would return. Maybe he blacked out.

Agreed on that vicious cycle, Sup Forumsro. While my legal issues have been relatively minor, I've made an ass of myself more than once due to alcohol.

This had the potential to be an interesting thread, if OP had stuck with it.

Oh well, I'll move on.

Best of luck, alcohol bros

try baclofene

20 years old right now and i'm just confused honestly so i drink myself till i throw up and don't stop, i can control myself but if any stress happens I go right to hard liquor, getting fucked up every single night. Hopefully I stop..

How to cure addiction. Pack bag full of food and water. Get dropped off in a remote part of Alaska with a Guide to help. Obviously no cigs or alcohol. Survival to get out of the environment is your only choice fucker.

Define alcoholic. I don't get drunk everyday, nor do i get piss drunk everytime i touch alcohol, but it is my favorite drug and i do drink alot more than i should.

Nice to hear someone with the same issues as me makes me feel better, motivation issues and poor sleep patterns are my biggest killer.

Drink 6-8 (weak 3.5% alcohol) beers every weekday evening, sometimes a few glassen of wine as well. Weekends usually like a bottle of wine plus 8-10 of said weak beers or 5-6 strong beers (5.3%) Sometimes normal strong beer on weekdays but not often. Pretty much stopped smoking weed though, used to smoked about 4-5 grams per week. Last time I bought 4 grams of weed off a friend was almost 2 months ago. Have been drinking like this for about 6-7 years, smoked weed for 10 years. Starting to get a bit shaky hands during the days and I'm constantly tired. Doesn't feel good but at the moment I lack the willpower to stop. Have a family, oldest kid is soon 5. Almost never drink while she's awake though, only when I watch football (soccer for you murricans) and then I only have one or two. I do realise I need to do something about my drinking habit soon. Any tips?

start doing coke, I can't afford booze nowadays

Had a decent office job, sent to work at home. Drank and passed out numerous times, missed work a lot, eventually fired 2 weeks ago.

Drinking every day since, hoping some magical ray of sunshine saves me, I don't fucking know

I'm with you on the hot sweats and other symptoms too. When you stop for awhile, how long does it take for things like that to normalize?

Like I said, I never stop more than a couple days at a time.

Baclofen is being studied for the treatment of alcoholism.[10] While evidence is promising that it may help with alcohol withdrawal syndrome, as of 2015 it is not strong enough to recommend its use for this purpose.

Bump

I dunno, user. Why did you stop smoking weed? Weed doesn't agree with me but I wish I could smoke instead of drinking so damn much.

heart palpitations
headaches
GERD/acid reflux. pretty sure ive fucked my esophagus up
gained like 20-30 pounds

spent two one night stays in jail on different occasions for intoxicated in public and breaking a fire alarm (charges dismissed both times with some community service so not all bad..)

plenty of fights

dont drink as much anymore and trying to get my shit together. tons of really good times that outweighed most of the bad but getting old enough that its not really acceptable to be a drunkass anymore.

went from drinking 5-6 days a week for ~10 years to maybe once a week or every other week now. once i start drinking though its hard to stop until i am shithoused :(

It's up to you, man.

1. Just doesn't give me the same feeling it used to, in the end I would only smoked while drinking anyway cause I like the combo of weed and alcohol.
2. Weed is illegal (and kind of expensive) where I live so with the kids and all I don't want to risk it anymore.

24 yr old.

always been a big drunk since high school but it was only at parties and weekends with people.
kept it up through college with the days becoming more frequent. when i graduated i also left a long term relationship and found myself getting drunk every night.
when i stop i get palpatations and shakes for a day, but i have chronic insomnia. the insomnia is the worst part about not drinking. I cant stand it and side effects start becoming increasingly worse due to lack of sleep. so i usually relaps after about 2-3 days.

just recently acquired xanax from the street. that helps tremendously. i use the xanax to sleep when im not drinking. went for about a week and had drinks with co-workers and ended up binging the whole weekend. so about to try it again this week.

wish me luck.

also no jail. 2 sobriety tests i managed to pass. my tolorence for alcohol was just too damn high that i can function even if im blacked out.

Recently for a dui and since blew twice the limit got a machine in my car. I still go out usually uber or just ride with friends but I should stop soon. Also dui are expensive current 3500 to lawyer and like 90 bucks a month on that machine. Not worth it

been drinking 7-10 beers a night for years
my only symptoms thus far are being fat as fuck, ive been doing this faithfully for at least 5 years, I went to jail for DUI, fleeing evading, 10 years ago, plan on quitting cold turkey today tho

same guy here... just fill in some more details i guess

the two times i ended up in jail i blew 0.28 and 0.32

pretty sure the GERD/reflux problems are from funneling stupid amounts... whole four lokos, three beers at a time etc

6 years in the army plus alcoholism in the family definitely set me up for success

and also got into fights, broke shit. have many scars on my body from it. ruined relationships and friendships. all around shitty drug. i know i can drink moderately, i just suck at it right now.

just need a rittle dicsiprin. and weed

Anyone here who has stopped cold? How'd you do it, I don't drink during the week but I end up getting drunk on weekends and probably just wanna stop in all. All my friends drink and there's always beer available. Should I just stay my ass home till I get some self control?

i just smoke a shit ton of weed now or drink coffee.

pretty shitty answer to replace one drug dependence with another but it works and they do less damage to your body

i use other drugs to help tper from alcohol. also i set rules for myself once i stop for a week.

dont drink alone.
dont drink until after 9.
dont drink cheap liquor. (i think if you have to spend more money, it will help you stop)
learn to smoke weed. i used to smoke all the time. then stopped for a year and when i tried it again it was never the same. usually have to get buzzed before i can smoke to avoid paranoia and anxiety. but after i smoke my craving for alcohol fades. weed is helpful. usually smoke a spliff or a small bowl after 3 drinks and ill be fine.

27 year old drunk here, been drinking strongly for about 6 years now. Managed to stop cold turkey a couple times only by going to AA. First time I lasted about 5.5 months, second time was shorter like maybe a month and a half? Been drinking like a fish since breaking up with gf of three years this summer, starting to worry it's time to go back to AA again before I get too fucked again. Just also scared that it's not going to stick. Their insistence on never drinking a drop, ever again, always made it hard to take seriously in the long-term. Also, religious bullshit.

Haven't had a solid shit in a year

Used to drink a lot more than I do now. I'll go months without drinking now when before I was drinking 750 ml or more a night. What helped me was that I gradually weaned off over years to an acceptable level and replaced bad habits e.g. drinking with good habits which for me is working out.

In the end, weightlifting saved my life and made me into the (relatively) successful person I am today. Find something that takes up your time and is rewarding that will keep you from drinking

I might not have much of a place here since I drink on rare occasions but as a recovered dust addict I know that quitting can be difficult but just go to meetings and pick up a habit like cooking or knitting, something to do with the time when you would normally drink, I know that drinking quiets this loud world a bit but you're ruining your own life and the lives of those who care if they're still around.

And some magical kind person isn't going to accept a raging alcoholic unless they are one themselves which is just a bond of intolerable chaos which leads to a bad end.

sorry for moralfagging on Sup Forums but I just had to say something, have a good evenin' lads.

If you stop cold turkey, for sure you'll have withdraw symptons

Different fag here. I have a habit and timeframe identical to his. One month ago i quit for a week cuz someone said I'd have withdrawals so i tested it.
My symptoms were as follows
>Bored
>Didn't have diarrhea for once

I drink every day to varying degrees. It's just past noon, I have the day off, and I'm probably pouring a drink and playing dark souls soon, and won't stop until late tonight.

Been drinking more hard liquor lately (whiskey/vodka in particular). Beer makes me too bloated nowadays.

So far I haven't done anything crazier than going on Amazon shopping sprees after getting plastered, but I'm sure I have some health issues lurking my way. I've been drinking every single day for as long as I can remember, someones to feel happier, sometimes to feel sadder, but always to feel more.

The worst part is I've gotten so good at binge drinking by starting small and spacing my drinks out that I know exactly how to drink for 12+ hours straight without blacking out...

I also smoke weed, sometimes a lot more than I drink (it's a cleaner more enjoyable high, the drunk is something I just always want as at least an undertone)

Might drink more than I smoke today though.

yeah the diarrhea gets old, how are you sleeping, I tend to lay awake until the daylight if I don't drink

Nope alchohol aint my thing, but i'm six months clean from xannax & heroin (withdrawl is the same as alchohol). Be prepared for literal hell. That's the only word I can use to describe the withdrawl. For a week I couldn't think, I was sweating, puking, didn't sleep for a fucking minute. Following week it was the same, but including shitting your brains out every time you attempt to eat.

The experience made me a better person, I no longer complain about anything, because I know what it was truly like to suffer and wish for death. You cannot compare any pain to two weeks worth of this hell. I thought about an heroing like 5 times, just so it would stop. But, life's fucking good since I got clean. I wish you the best OP, may god have mercy on your soul.

I have That too, If i don't drink i won't sleep.. maybe 3 hours of sleep max before i have to go to work in the morning.
My herpes flares up more often than it should too.. probably because of the daily diarrhea spray fucking with my nutrients

I'm functioning, I binge drink which is worse on the body im all most 29 now have a gf a house, decent job. When I started I has nothing like literaly now I find myself drinking because boredom.

never had the pleasure of contracting an STD, whats your weight? age? by the way?

I'm 34 and I've been getting pass out wasted almost every day since 18. I have 2 DUI's so I just don't drive, failed to complete the alcohol program for the second one because I was drunk at a court-ordered meeting. Got sentenced to 90 days in Los Angeles county jail, did 32. I kinda went in an arrangement with a family member on a house in my town and I partied so hard there that the family member just decided to evict me and sell the house.

I was homeless and had nowhere to go in my town, so I sold everything I owned and stayed on a friend's couch in Hawaii. The agreement was that I wasn't allowed to drink at all. I was going through withdrawls on the plane.

I completely sobered up and got a decent job with geeksquad. Got healthy, lost about 40 lbs and my beergut. A year later I got my own place in Waikiki and a girl I was talking to back home, came and moved in with me.

Then she fucked my friend that let me crash at his place, and I lost my job.

We broke up and I just drank myself to sleep whenever I woke up. Completely ran out of money, and moved in with my folks back in my hometown. I put back on all the weight, and am pretty much known around town as the local fuck up/drunk. I got arrested a couple months ago for trying to sleep in someone's car in front of their house. Last night I blacked out and kind of came to and i was in a random camper parked next to the bar, I got chased away by the guy who lives in it. Right now I'm wondering if I should expect to be arrested because the guy was pretty pissed and he might know who I am.

I'd an hero if I had the balls, but I also don't want to do the next cliche thing.

140lbs 23yo. A girl blew me with a cold sore.. fucking gay. Thankfully its the wrong virus for genital so it's literally just painless redmarks that last 4 days without treatment

This was nicely said. Thanks for your input, sir, sincerely. Best of luck in your situation as well.

jesus... that's slim for an alchy

I'm active still

I did

Girlfriend and i are both alcoholics thus we've decided to do blood analysis a month ago.
Turns out, our AST and ALT (liver transaminases) were really fucking high. We took our time to decide to go cold turkey, and it happened, two weeks ago.
As for withdrawal, it is not as heavy as i expected, perhaps because i have a partner to share pain with, so i'd strongly advise not to do it alone if possible. If you don't have anyone privately, maybe you could try those group therapies, meet someone, hang out, i'm sure it will help.

been a functioning alcoholic for almost 20 years. been arrested 3 times - all alcohol related.

If you're homeless how come are you in Sup Forums? How do you get the money for a computer/phone + internet + alcohol?

I knew a kid in college that was ~110 pounds, drank every day and almost never ate. a lot of the times when he ate any solid food he would puke.

he graduated (after like 6 years with a 2.0 gpa) and has a job now and still drinks every day

he would get shitfaced and get his ass beat all the time... pretty sad shit

im 260+ fucking lbs man and almost 31 if it weren't for my kids id probably off myself

See i still consume 2.5k cal and 130g of protein a day and still look like this ontop of alcoholism

I live at my folks, use an old laptop. I still have a lot of friends who cover me at the bar because I'm still pretty fun to hang out with, but those numbers are shrinking for sure.

most people who know me around town just feel sorry for me and if I'm out, they'll usually send a drink or shot over.

I get drunk every single night & drink all day & night on the weekends. I go through about 4 - 5 cases (24 pks) of beer a week.

it's rough now that I have kids.

I drink between 8-12 beers day. Sometimes I throw whiskey into the mix as well. I shake in the mornings, but it kinda steadies as the day goes by. As for jail? Yes. Prison? Yes. I've had quite a few arrests. The most notable are 3rd degree arson and battery (not at the same time). Jail isn't really that bad and neither is prison as long as you kind your own business but stand up for yourself too.

hello me meet the new me

been doing this for a long, long time. I stayed sober for 3 days in a row in October & that was my longest stretch in years. I still make it in to work & get up with the kids but man there are some rough mornings

If I had more money I would probably be in the same boat. Booze is a bit expensive in Canada, at least it seems more expensive than in the states, thats probably the worst thing about my habit is the fact that it sucks every cent from my wallet whenever I have money. Which isnt super often now that I was fired from my job for being a salty fuck every day due to being drunk most nights.

yeah I'm in the liquor business so that doesn't help. I stick with beer ($15.00 a case in Chicago) 90% of the time but also get a lot of free "samples" of liquor to take home.

my kids aren't old enough to know what is going on but they will some day.....

I got arrested a few times when I was younger but I can kind of control my drunken behavior better now that I'm older.

Same with me.. functioning, but the mornings im super dehydrated and spray epic diarrhea

Yeah if you mean a case of 24 then that costs about $26 for the very cheapest shit here in Ontario (minimum wage here is $11/hour). I was working at a bar when I got fired so it was pretty much a given that I drank every day. Didnt get a deal on it though so it sucked my money even faster. Thankfully never been arrested, ive mostly just lost every friend ive ever had and fucked off on all responsibility. Been lucky with the law so far.

drink usually a Micky of gin and bottle of wine or some beers every night.
Not sure if this enough to give me withdraw
last couple weeks ive been drinking a little more than that.
Getting back pains.
decided to drink only a couple beers a night for a while.
wouldn't really say im an alcoholic i just have issues with moderation.

I'm a national guard soldier who is currently deployed and can't drink. Drinking is my favorite activity and its driving me nuts not being able to do it. All i want is for this to be over so i can go back home and go back to drinking again. I hold down a job just fine and make good money, I figure as long as i take care of my life and keep my job then it's not really a problem. Currently im taking dextromethporphan on my off days to fill the void.

pretty much the same way but ive been at it since 18 and im alsmost 23
Shit is so expensive

I drink about 3 40s of Mickeys a night. I get drunk, suck dick, and do really dumb shit. I do this for the last 10 years, going into faggot mode anyhway. I have been hospitilized for wanting to kill myself,

Haha how old are you 19?

God Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change... courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference

what about my post made you think that?

Dxm my friend

nah im actually 27, its not something i really want to do very much, i just miss the drunk feeling enough that i'm trying to fill the void

See that not a single drop shit isn't normal.. people don't do that. That farce needs to stop if people are to make progress. In sex addict meetings you're told you can never watch porn again.. wtf is that shit?!

Why the fuck do I get so dehydrated after a day of not drinking for once despite having had plenty of water? It's weird as fuck. Also, withdrawal dreams are great.

i'm just a beginner alcoholic. if i don't have to work the next day i'm getting hammered, if i do then i'll have a few shots. been doing this for a year, worst was when i lost my job for a couple months and i spent every day getting hammered

never been to jail though, worst i've done is forget to pay my excise tax on my truck and they made me pay it

ive been sober for 1 week today after a 4 year rampage.
If you want to quit the first 3days are the worst.
Just hang in there nigger

I was a hard core alcoholic for 20 years. I was an angry ugly drunk. I was arrested several times for DUI, fights, drunk in public, and other stupid shit. I was hospitalized twice. I was fired from two jobs and most of my family doesn't speak to me anymore.

I got help with my anger issues and met a good woman so for the last 5 years I am a functional alcoholic. I am employed full time and don't drink as much. Some days I take pills to get by instead of drinking. I hope to quit for good someday soon.

Sup user. Definitely alcoholic. Got arrested 4-5 times w/ 3 DWI's. Curbed drinking significantly a few years ago and havent drank recently (35 days).

anyone else daydrinking as we speak?

16 year old alcoholic, I've really debated posting this, then I decided to say fuck it and post anyways. I haven't really started drinking until a couple of month ago and I don't really get drunk, I hate the hangover, anyways if I get drunk I drink even more until I blackout, and it's not fun waking up next to a road not know what the hell happened. I drink to forget some of the shit in my life, such as the constant fighting in my family, there always seems to be yelling between my parents or siblings, and I'm the youngest in my family so I get the most shit. I also have to deal with pressure of making it to college and the only way I'm going to do that is if I get a sports scholarship. I'm in all advance classes, but I don't make notable grades for an academic scholarship (all B's with a C or two). I have a couple drinks just to take the edge off, and for a while I wasn't drinking for a while, but then shit happened and I started drinking again.

just get student loans like everyone else faggot

you sound like a pussy

I was like that when I deployed. I got back and my hometown bars had a "free drinks to all returning soldiers" that night. I took advantage of that, and continued to drink every night for 3 weeks after we got home.

On that last day of the 3 weeks, 3 chicks that I had banged since I got home were at the bar and I was juggling trying to finesse all of them without a huge argument happening. I had one of those "clarity" moments, and I realized that I was the exact same as I had been prior to deployment. An entire year in Afghanistan and I come home to be a drunk piece of shit.

I put my beer down, walked to my dad's house (4 miles at 1 am in the country), and did yardwork for 1 month straight. Enrolled in college, fast forward 5 years to now, working on my second degree, don't drink, also haven't been laid since. Worth it.

i get too hungerover to be an alcoholic, pretty sure i'd be one otherwise

you can get all of the loans you want, doesn't mean you're going to get into a decent college

Long term alcoholics can die if they stop cold turkey.

underage b&

after enough time and dedication the hangovers pretty much stop. Also if you have any smarts about it whatsoever you train yourself to also drink water the entire time you're drinking.

Alcoholics are constantly hung over bro... We just accept its the way we are going to feel in everyday life and continue on

This. I cringe every time I see someone say they quit cold turkey. That shit's so hard on your body. Just ween off, it makes it all easier.

if you drink cheap shit and low-alcohol stuff to get completely hammered it's a guaranteed hangover.

the hangover is usually caused by all of the other stuff in the alcohol. when you distill aocohol the first thing that drips out is shit like methanol and acetone. later it turns to pure ethanol, and at the end it's more shit. cheaper liquors just blend it all together, more expensive ones will seperate out the beginning, middle, and end and sell the middle for drinking

its just a piece of paper kid. go to community college and transfer somewhere else if money is an issue.

or you can just be a little bitch and cry because your daddy is mean

Good for you, user

i'm not that user, i was just pointing out that it's pretty fucking hard to get into an ivy league college without a scholarship