GODDAMN

why the fuck does p4k even review shit like this if there gonna absolutely ETHER the artist. So unnecessary

They gave him a low score because he's a white male

They gave him a low score because his music sucks

At least someone is trying to tell him he sucks instead of sucking his dick

It's almost like his music is actually bad or something

Some types of things are hip to hate on, and pander4kash are aware of that so they push it as much as they can so they can maintain an audience.

of course, but read the writeup. absolutely brutalized the guy on what seems like a very personal level. your would think the writer is a salty ex girlfriend of ed

who cares about Pitchfork anyway

This

The article was pretty funny tbqh

Sup Forums. literally Sup Forums does, thats exactly who

p4k is an old mu meme, its not the same now

pro tip

it's both

P4k scores are unironically posted here every time a review drops. Its the same with fantano, people act like its a meme but they care...... Oh they care

>This is not to say that anyone should expect Sheeran—who is popular at weddings and funerals for a reason—to present a nuanced interpretation of gender politics within his songs (though his fans deserve more than depictions of women as angels or traitors).

How can you take p4k seriously?

Black pop album: 10/10 so relevant

White pop album 2/10 not diverse enough

what the fuck does that even mean lol
who hires these shit writters

ITT: people trying to say Ed Sheeran's album deserves better than a 0

> if there gonna absolutely ETHER the artist.

I'm sorry, what does that mean? "ether" as a verb.

No worse than Lana, Chvrches, Migos, Weezer, Kanye or Grimes

Kill, obliterate, REKT, BTFO

they're dumbasses

this is true but it's still a shit album

this is the kind of shit why pitchfork reviews are complete jokes. stick to criticizing the fucking music instead, not politics

I doubt it's worse than the Solange album. But Solange is black, so...

Honestly it feels like it's been a while since they've made a review like that so I appreciated it. It was very enjoyable to read as I was coming down from acid.

DUDE

WHERE'S MY

DUDE COME VISIT PITCHFORK, AND CLICK ON SOME OTHER ARTICLES WHILE YOU'RE THERE LMAO

-Conde Nast

lol

they don't even have to, so many Sup Forumstants do this for them under the false belief that they're lambasting them

I unironically like his song "castle on the hill" great song o belt out whwn youre drunk and emotional

Because giving laughably low scores (even when deserved) to albums released by popular, hyped mainstream non-indie artists

>increases shitforks indie "street cred"
>brings lots of page views and ad dollars
>gives them a chance to push their warped politics onto even more people

The kids are all in a tizzy over this review, have you seen all the threads? (Not that Shitfork employees didn't create half of them.) *gasps* "they have that score to ED SHEERAN?! Why?! *reads review*"

Wouldn't be surprised if sheerans PR team encouraged it as well for the buzz

Why are you comparing two albums you haven't heard?

I'm not necessarily saying that's why Pitchfork created this thread (they did) but it's certainly why they reviewed the album and gave it that score.