What was the point of the whole Margery plotline in s6?

What was the point of the whole Margery plotline in s6?
Why did they make her look like a great manipulator, scheming against the Sparrow while pretending to be holy and shit, when they fucking killed her for muh "WOW" effect.

Are Dolce and Gabanna fucking incompetent retards?

honestly I just think they ran out of ideas

Only 14 episodes left they have a lot of plot lines to close honestly I think they should start dedicating whole episodes to certain characters

That's like saying "what was the point of Ned and Robb because they died"

The point was to get Olenna Tyrell out of King's Landing so that she could have High Garden join the invasion force.

Not, really because we know who they were and what they wanted. The high sparrow was still a mystery.

Margarey's death was well done, goes along with the whole "no one is safe." I don't think anyone saw it coming.

Red herring so you didn't expect her to bite it. But I sort of felt is was bullshit all along seeing as though we don't actually see any inkling of a plan. She was just playing the part but what was her endgame? What was she trying to achieve?

Why do people think Margarey had some important role in the show? She was just some gold-digging whore who was passed around. She thought she was smart, but got blown up. The end.

People are like, "What a waste of a good character." Pretty sure she has been a waste of a character since she was introduced.

She convinced Olenna to escape death at Kings Landing. Are you dissatisfied that she didn't do more?

I never got the impression that she was planning anything huge, just that she realized she HAD to pretend to bend the knee to the Faith and the least she could do was allow her mother to escape and make it clear to her that she wasn't truly brainwashed. Characters die, their plans don't always come to fruition and the implied trajectory of their arc isn't always realized. That's the nature of this story.

This season is the culmination of Margaery and Cersei's game of chess. Margaery aligns herself with the sparrows who are about to take down Cersei for good.

Margaery wins the game, but Cersei flips the table and kills everyone in the room anyway.

But sexysmirk wasn't doing it to get at Cersei. She was just as much at risk as her. The show hinted at some scheme she had going and then literally had NO follow up because it probably wasn't there to begin with.

You guys are missing the point here. Marge is not the matriarch of house Tyrell, Olenna is. Olenna does the scheming. Marge is an overhyped lackey, she's like Darth Vader if he fucked people instead of choking them.

Yes one of her motivations was simply to get Loras out of prison, but she also realised the sparrows could be useful in finally being rid of Cersei. She hitched her wagon to them and played along because it was the best option available to her at the time, even if it wasn't the ideal one

The point is what we have known since S4: D&D are hack as fuck and are dumbing this shit down to a hollow shell.

Wasting Natalie Dormer's time and career.

But GoT was probably the best thing to happen to her career so far

She wanted out a while ago to do other projects.

Anyone else here wish Lancel survived? I don't even know why I like his character.

Because anyone who isn't a newfag redditor know the writing in this shit show is lazy as fuck.

I'm more upset that she killed fucking Kevan

She tried to outplay Cersei and the High Sparrow and failed. That's the whole arc.

By resisting the Sparrow she saved Olenna and that made the Tyrell/Martel/Targaryan alliance possible.

How are you too stupid to follow this shitty show?

she takes control of the sparrows, which cersei brought into power for her own means

given time marg could have been as great olenna imo

>having to be spoon fed information

people like you are why they had to dumb the show down somewhat

the final conversation between Margery and the High Sparrow answers the questions. It makes it clear he was just playing the game to obtain power like everyone else.