Sup Forumsernational school

Is school harder in North America ?

I had a German exchange tell me, the way math and physics is taught in Canada is poor, compared to Europe.

Had 3 friends on an exchange in North America (2 in the US, 1 in Canada). They all said that your school is fucking easy.

Maybe the teacher was just particularly bad

Well 3 students in different states came to the same conclusion. They said that you guys really focus on sport related stuff and not so much on "real education". On of my friends, who was in Florida ,was the best student in his English class.

*One

I forgot to add that at the time he was in the 10th grade while the English course was 8th grade.

Is it true that you don't have to repeat a year of school, when your grades are to bad?

in USA they have alternatives on test

aka if they have a question like "what country has A FUCKING LEAF on their flag?" they will have canada, belgium, UK, france as alternatives

it's ridiculous

Don't they have to writes exams? We have to write about 10-15 pages in like 180 minutes for example in German.

I went to Vancouver for an """"exchange programme""" in 8th grade, they put me with 9th graders for a math class, we had already seen every subject like a semester before back in Mexico

>mfw that's not banter but the truth

Canadian """"""education""""""""

Easy doesn't make it ineffective.
It's all in how people remember things.

>never facing a real struggle in school
>math never gets really complicated

Don't you grow with the obstacles you overcome?

Yes anecdotal evidence is the absolute truth.

Well close friends being at schools for one year sound okay for a source as they could directly compare it to our schools. They also went to good private schools and not to those shitty public schools which even the locals looked down upon.

It can go both ways, especially on exams in universities, they have extremely similar answers and you must know your shit to get the right answer

But in high schools they are no where near as tricky
You have to in most cases, but it's usually determined by a state standardized test, not your actual grade in the class

>they have extremely similar answers and you must know your shit to get the right answer

damn dude that sounds difficult

It is, because it's either you get the right choice or the whole answer is wrong. Especially in law classes, there's answers made to purposely trick you on purpose. You must know your shit, the choices won't be obvious like your shit tier example

Truth is if it was just written answers there's a lot of room for partial credit or bullshitting

>law

Wait you got multiple choice exams in Universities?

don't know about unis, but high schools are a joke. i have a bunch of friends who went on exchanges, and for example, the girl that could barely do any math in her home school and really struggled with the grades in maths, physics etc. says their maths classes are extremely easy. she's now doing two grades over one year because she realized it's a joke
i mean look at SAT maths. getting any answers wrong is a clear indication of mental retardation

Yep, I also go to a top 20 university in the world according to ARWU

umad?

I am also studying law and we always have to solve whole cases. Do you do this as well?

Yes but usually not during exams

Case studies are a different portion of our grading scale

You are not allowed to attend German universities with a normal American/Canadian highschool degrees. You need a certain combination of subjects/SAT score or finishing the cegep.

Well for us it's case solving and oral examinations. We also have to write papers between the semesters.

Same for American universities

Diploma, GPA, SAT/ACT scores are required

Usually the best HS students get into good universities, the rest have to go to a CC or shit tier school

That's fucking cool, bro

I would like comfy multiple choice tests.

Cool, come to the United States, be careful what you wish for though. I'm not sure you have the right idea. My university has a large international student population, I wouldn't say everyone's passing with flying colors

EU education is much better than NA but i'd rather study for free in USA than EU

I just wonder how those multiple choice tests prepare you for the real world. Solving cases and moot courts seem to be more effective.

That must be why the whole world wants to attend prestiges German Universities. Oh wait they fucking don't.

At least in my home state, you definitely will repeat it and if you do it too many times every one will think you're a fucking idiot.

At 21 though they kick you out of school no matter what. Too be honest at that point you've just wasted everyone's time and you should just get a GED.

Only one section and it usually can harm you. One answer besides the correct one is close enough that if you're nervous you'll start doubting yourself.

American education sucks compared to European

I remember reading recently about how in Europe exams and tests are a much larger percentage of your grade than in the US
Whereas in the US a large portion of your grade is homework, participation, labs and projects
Could contribute to the differences you guys see
Also there's the standard American argument that things from state to state and county to county are always very different

I talked about high schools and not about universities. The United States are well known for their good universities. In addition there are a lot of exchange/foreign students at my university.

In school your grades are 50/50 exams and other participation. In universities ( at least mine) it's sometimes 100% exams.

>That must be why the whole world wants to attend prestiges German Universities. Oh wait they fucking don't.
That's because gender studies are "in".

Yeah that's nuts.
It varies here but at my school it was 30% exams.
It was possible to pass a class if you failed a test but were perfect otherwise

At least we had two exams in school per half year, so you could fix a bad grade.