Video Card

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card

Case

Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply

EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

you're starting high-end but will end up in medium territory in a few years

Oh shit you're right

don't all high end, end up in medium category in within 2 or 3 years.

Why 750 watts and not just 400?

no
there are 3 markets and each one has a different cap
>personal computers
>workstations
>servers

for example
Workstations can have hundreds of cores
Industrial graphics cards can have 10x the ram
etc

What's wrong with that? If you start in Med territory you're going to be shit in 2-3 years.

Why cheap out on the GPU? Surely a 1080 would have served you better

Erm .....

So he can get a second 1070 in a few years

need it for the Monitor as well, just extra precaution, don't want the PSU shitting out on me.

I don't think the benchmark percent difference is too different from what I have seen only, I was thinking of getting an i5-6600k since there's only a 12% from the i7-6700k

if you're wise about price points then you can invest less and stay up for longer

confused?
i7 v e7
gtx v quadro

let's not talk about servers then, it gets worse

I want this build to be more of a entertainment/gaming system to go in the living room, instead of buying a 4k television.

it should be more than capable
what's the cost user?

Why get the if but cheap out on the gpu?
My specs:
If 6700k
Evga gtx 1080sc
2x8gb 3200hz
500gb Samsung ssd
Asus z170 programing
Evga 750w psu

1500 total, maybe a little less, if I browse around, It'll probably be cheaper if I get an HDD instead of of the SSHD

>high end rig
>1070
why? I have a 6600k @4.6Ghz and I have an EVGA GTX 1080 SC. That card is barely enough for me, I don't know how you can be satisfied with a 1070. If your goal is gaming it would've been better getting an i5 and a 1080 like I did.

how heavily does the 1080 tax your 6700k though, not trying to tax the cpu for a couple of pixels

Looks solid to me.

I just built something for an arcade stand

i7 3930k 6core 100$
dx79to motherboard 180$
other parts around the house

life is full of options

Which one, have you guys had a better experience with?.. I'm wondering.

You guys are fucking nerds.

Why do you spend so much on all this bullshit when you can just get a console to play the games on? Plus you can watch Netflix off consoles now so what's the point?

gr8 b8 m8

depends on the specific one
some hdd's faster than slow ssd's

for bulk memory I get 'white lable' hdd's

OS gets it's own SSD
Games/programs get their own SSD too

cooking vs eating fast food

can you play 4k games though and whats the fps?

LMAO LMAO THIS GUY IS SAD NEWFAG detected

Why not both?

HDD.
SSD is quicker but not designed to be wrote and rewrote on. For a hard-drive HDD is best.

Consoles are for plebs

SSD for the OS with the HDD for data storage.

Hybrid drive is the same concept. OS on the SSD part, data on the HDD part.

Hybrid drives are great for laptops and small form factor computers. They aren't too expensive, offer SSD performance for the OS, and have gobs of storage compared to a similarly priced SSD.

I built a AMD Apu system a few years ago from the A8 series didn't skimp on the ram got good 1866 everyone laughed at me and I'm still playing games from 2014 and 2015 on high with no fucking lag fucking idiots bragging about how many frames their shit can reprocess

I do video editing and everything multiple gb files on SSD drives slice right through in vsdc

>implying CPU load increases with resolution
No, I can't play 4k at max settings at 60fps, therefore I say that you can't play 4k with a 1080. I can play every game I tested so far at 2560*1440 max settings 60fps. I could do 4k but I'd have to drop some graphics quality settings, and considering I'm using DSR it's not worth it. A single 1080 is not enough for serious 4k.

amd A8 laptop here

200$ and I'm playing games on what should have been an emergency computer

I like both and suck my dick.

APU's are great for budget machines, and outperform similarly priced CPU/GPU combos. Good choice user.

why with new cpus coming out in a few months

i too often like 25fps and graphics that are from the 90's

>pay 10x for a machine that's 1.2x better

Not amd

cause thats going to cost too much...

Oh boy.

Oh geeze, oh boy oh geeze

how much are those cpus going to cost when they come out, $900

Yeah but you no doubt have shit ram tho too all store bought comps have shit ram, shit PSU and normally shit motherboard chipsets

Imagine that fucker rocking with 16gb 1866 g.skill ram

I heard AMDs are faulty.

no matter the ram firefox would still eat it ALL

;-;

all processors come out different, are tested, and sorted into groups

AMD has lower technology ability than Intel.

But that shouldn't matter considering warrenty

Samefag here and I use Firefox and is lightning fast as fuck

I used firefox for a while... but then google chrome came out

Ya cause intel cpu always going up 10x in cost right? zen is already a flop 100% right won't either be a good value or make intel maybe lower prices rite... like dafaq you retard.

It's my combination of addons I use for work
They work fine individually, not much I can do about that

what I need is not available on other browsers

ya cause they always cost more right? Shits like the same price as 5 years ago... what + 30$ tops... lawl wut.

spotted the common-core fag

well we have a i3 coming out that shows it beating a i7... 6700k... for like sub 200? /btards...

>zen is already a flop
sauce?

>k series proc
>Not water cooling it and over clocking it
>only a 1070
Dafuqk

you are some kinda fucking idiot... like your statement is so stupid I cant not even start to try to understand where it came from.

cost more than buying a used processor or AMD
not from year-to-year
that fact is the basis of the argument on why not to buy the newest

one bench is meaningless

Was sarcasm... idk if it is or not. No on does so we do not know what it will do to prices so anyone crying PRICE is retarded...

It's actually what they call math now, but I guess you didn't go to school.

I love these threads, some of you guys got good builds, but it amazes me that you only know 1 fucking thing i7s and 1080s. I never see workstation builds or server builds.

Sure OP's rig is nice, clean can't bitch about it. I have built people some high end custom looped liquid cooled systems, even carbon fiber wraped cases, custom painted parts and insides.

Nothing compares to my hypervisor server running hyper-v dual xeon processor 128gb of ECC ram with 24tb of storage.

AMD revamped their process when they started releasing APU's, and is being changed since the acquisition of Global Foundries.

The last of the AMD FX's were very consistantly made and were only sorted between variants.

Best AMD FX 8XXX become the 9XXX or the 8XXXE processors, the "lower" rated ones become the 8320, and the "average" ones become the 8350. From there they just start cutting cores. So the average 8XXX becomes a 6350, and the lower 8XXX becomes the 6300, same with the quads.

Quality control was only really a big problem when the Phenoms were new.

> anyone crying PRICE is retarded
not everyone is an autistic rich princess..?
idk what you're getting at user

you fucking retarded cuck OP posted a 6700k

THATS A NEW CPU WTF. PLEASE SHOW ME THE GREAT DEAL ON USED 6700k's

ah bump me bro

or im out of school and know common core = a fucking joke of wtf... yet my statement was 100% correct... an no wtf points to it...

good info user

Mah specs:

Gigabyte Z87X OC Force
delidded i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz
Coolermaster Seidon 240mm
2x MSI GTX 1080 seahawk
2x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming
4x Kingston 256GB SSD in RAID 10
2x WD Velociraptor 10k 1TB HDD's in RAID 0
4TB 7200rpm WL drive
16GB DDR3 RAM
Corsair AX1200

Total compute power ~= 27 Terraflops

Yes I mine cryptocurrencies

Go kill yourself, 6600k ===== price LOL.. go get some friends...

so, based on your comment, what do you think about an SSHD as opposed to an HDD?

you don't have to use CRUSE CONTROL
people will respond to any point you make ONCE YOU MAKE ONE
stop calling people retarded and contribute something useful

Funny thing is that PlayStation 4 is an AMD Apu based processor. But yeah for years everyone was like oh they're such shit

Ya you really mine with that... a fucking $10 usb stick is 20X that machine now but... you mine... lawl.

This board is 18+

fucking little rich fags, with their daddies credit card money

already made one, your just stupid please go kill yourself you low iq nigger.

I am not going to post my PC specs.
I have a BIG DICK.

and they are shit for gaming lol whats your point...

Psu for the monitor?
Bring your older brother who built this for you and we'll talk to him

Would of been a better choice.

Processor is way overkill for gaming, but you'll feel the limits of the 1070 as soon as you run a recent title.

I have a nicely overclocked 1080 and even that isn't as fast as I'd like it to be, waiting out for a ti version I guess.

user how can we help eachother if you just want to start fights

>having games run without major game breaking bugs on release date is for plebs
Kek. Whatever you say, user. I have a console for the shiny new games, and a PC for PC only and playing with friends.

lmao i wish i had a brother, or even a sister :\

Not a fan of SSHD to be honest, its a half ass way of saying..... i want alot of storage but make it fast.

Now days, i say any OS should be on a full SSD like my hyper-v is on a 1.5TB PCI-E SSD the rest are enterprise lvl HDD drives in a raid

When i build a client a system, normally i will go with an SSD for Main OS (samsung) 99 percent of the time. Then do an HDD data drive.

I am digging the new Seagate's But not a fan of their past lineup. The IronWolf looks great, but needs more testing time to see failure rates.

you never had a i5 vs i7 before or don't use the machine I could use a i7 over my 3570k @ 4.5 ghz maxed out alot of the time between background stuff + 1 game...

You mad cuz I can mine crypto and play any game at 1440p 120HZ at the same time?

> 1440p 120HZ

not him, but is that the current best monitor specs?
I was hoping for 120hz 4k but told it didn't exist

by only posting if IQ > 80 and PC knowledge > I CAN PUSH POWA BUTTON.

Are you fucking kidding me? PlayStation 4 squashes any fucking bullshit you can build for under 3 Grand on a computer.

um, unless you have other boxes lol wut... i was mining ltc like 4 years ago with a rig of 4x 7950s...

possible to be donated a war machine. prefer with wheels

should I get a 4k monitor for this spec or just a 1440p ... maybe the 1440p

No problem. AMD has really locked their stuff down under the new CEO. To cut costs, they only make one processor, sort them based on heat and power usage(less power=better, cooler=better) and instead of making a 6 core they cut two off from the 8 core. Which means they only need one manufacturing process/set of identical machines to make them. It lowers overhead, and allows for consistent quality between the variants.

I have a Phenom II 955 BE 3rd stepping running smooth at 3.8 ghz 1.5v. It's getting up there in age, any manufacturing defects would have been caused failure by now. I really believe that they have changed from the mid 2000's when they were blasting out shoddy Athlon dual cores and original Phenom quads that would die after a month or so of use.

Best monitors are either:
165HZ 1440p with a IPS screen (ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q)
Or 60HZ 4k with an IPS Panel

I use the ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q. It's 144 Hz but with only a TN panel.

Expect 4k 120 HZ in about 1 to 2 years.

wait for the i7 7000 to come out jan/ feb next year and get a 1080 instead

Are you OP? 4k with a 1070? kek
Like I said several posts ago, not even my 1080s SC is enough for serious 4k, let alone a 1070.

get fucked
BENQ makes the best monitors
Google it fagget

I've only got an Antminer standalone. I just have a lot of computer parts lying around most of the time, and don't have to pay for my electricity. That's why I mine with my personal rig. Though when you could GPU mine BTC those were the days. Now I'm stuck mining Veracoin and trading it for BTC.