I know bitching doesn't get you far on this site, but seriously I need help. I can't fucking sleep...

I know bitching doesn't get you far on this site, but seriously I need help. I can't fucking sleep. I'm tired and I try to sleep but I just can't. Sleeping used to be the only thing I looked forward to, and now im fucking terrified that I'm going to lose it. Over the past week I've gotten a total of around 4 hours of sleep. Any of you who have gone through severe sleep deprivation probably know how shitty it feels. I'm about ready to just give up at this point.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Lightweight-Comfortable-Contoured-Sleeping-Earplugs/dp/B016OQYNL0/ref=sr_1_17_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481610542&sr=8-17&keywords=sleep+mask&th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's giving you trouble to sleep? Normally, I just drink some milk and lay down for an hour if I'm having trouble. Just gotta be patient.

stop trying to force it sit down in a hot shower and just close your eyes and let your mind drift once you relax dry off and go to bed

That's the thing I don't know what's wrong I used to sleep for 12 or more hours a day and now the only time I can sleep is when my body just gives up on me, then I wake up an hour or so later when I have just enough energy to be able to preform natrual human functions and nothing else.

Xanax/Nyquil/Antihistamines/over the counter sleep aid/white noise/diet change/literally just increase the temperature of your room by ten degrees. There are hundreds of solutions to this problem.

You can always try calming music to help.

I lay down and stop thinking, but for some reason I just won't drift off into a sleep.

Take drugs. I believe melatonin is available over the counter most places, which is just a man made version of one of the main chemicals in our body that makes us sleepy. If that doesn't work go to a doctor and get something prescribed for it. Don't let yourself give up over lost sleep

Antihistamines do it for me. I take the bottled liquid kids benadryl when I can't sleep and man that shit goes right into my system and no matter what time of day/how tired, i'm knocked out.

Not him, but it really sounds like you're being impatient with it.

Drugs are the only thing that have worked, but I wake up and feel like I got no REM sleep. Obviously I can't know if I did or not but I feel the exact same.

Longest ive tried was 5 hours of laying doing nothing

Try slitting your wrists fggt

Edgy

This, white noise and pot always helps me. Diet can be a big part

Try some melatonin, or if you live where it's allowed/easy to get buy some kind of sleeper weed. If you don't smoke get some edibles, they'll work even better

Good one

I've tried everything from ASMR to white noise to weird home remedies that are fucking retarded

Valerian root extract will help

Were those five hours spent with a completely absent mind, or were you full of anxiety?

(OP) I dont know if this has anything to do with it but when I was 12 I got a concussion and it fucked up shit so I couldn't sleep. Well I could have but I was 12 and dumb and somehow managed to stay up 6 days straight, and I haven't been the same since.

You're either a hypochondriac or you're medically fucked up, either way a visit to a neurologist and a sleep lab to determine whether you're getting "REM sleep" or not will help you out

Sleep mask and/or ear plugs. I didn't think that the small amount of light/sound in my room at night was affecting my sleep until I tried a mask and ear plugs. For a sleep mask I recommend something that protrudes around the eyes like this one: amazon.com/Lightweight-Comfortable-Contoured-Sleeping-Earplugs/dp/B016OQYNL0/ref=sr_1_17_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481610542&sr=8-17&keywords=sleep+mask&th=1

For ear plugs I recommend any normal disposable ear plugs. They work best for me because they are soft and I sleep on my side.

After using a mask and ear plugs for a few months I can actually fall asleep better without them, too. It's like my body knows how to fall asleep better.

Good luck!

not a single person here has suggested you take a few shots of alcohol?

I felt pretty much nothing while laying down if I got up and moved though I would start being afraid of the dark like I was a child.

Yeah if white noise and asmr didn't help I doubt it's sensory but yeah he can try this

Because it adds up. That's not a good permanent solution.

Could be subconscious anxiety. Why not adding a couple of night lights to your room?

get a night light take some sleep aid pills, why is this even a thread still

No joke dim light from a singal light source scares me.

nigger what
I think you need to see a therapist at this point.

Yeah meds can't cure autism so I'm back to "see a neurologist" and also wtf dim light scares you? Jesus christ wait til you see the thing our planet orbits around

I just find it uncanny because it doesn't feel right I have no way to justify it.

Well, if you want to continue your sleepless nights, then be my guest. It's your problem. You'll only fix it if you take action.

Kek
Seriously though if you're afraid of the dark *and* afraid of light that only leaves nothing so you should kill yourself

Not dim light, very specifically dim light from a singal light source in a room I'm trying to sleep in. Ive never met anyone with s weirder fesr then mine.

Start with this: "I can't sleep and I'm afraid of light all the time and darkness but only when I move"

Although I have many many fears and terrible constant anxiety but it has never impacted my sleep for 10 years

Im not afraid of light though

Oh yeah what about my crippling fear of dishwasher soap from childhood trauma

a .38 to the dome will fix your problems. a deep dreamless slumber will come to you

Seeing a neurologist is probably what I'm going to do next. Thank you to whoever suggested that.

Good? What do you want a cookie that's normal you retarded fuck

I can at least get that ur parents put soap in your mouth in guessing

See one that specializes in sleep medicine, and before you go in make sure you know how to answer in a way that gets you prescribed xanax

Haha my mouth I wish

Are any of you reading through this shit OP is seriously fucked in the head

haha good one

Pfft no it's totally normal to be afraid of nightlights

OP also claims to have gone 6 days without sleep. Yes this is possible, but anyone who's stupid enough to do it could be fucked for life after.

Break out of that matrix boyyyyyyyy.

Kill dose demons, or put em down where they belong.

Nobody wants to see you succeed.
But as soon as you succeed they will all come crawling to you asking to be your friend.

Stop believing lies.

Fuck your sleep, its not about sleep, some entity is trying to keep you down. Get some magic powers from your favorite book and dig down and do it for your ancestors.

Do it for the people that can't. Your surrounded by weak people, you don't have to hate weak people to succeed. That's a pretty common lie that keeps people stuck.

Part of your brain keeps making excuses, and the other part is forced to tag along. Make the brain parts talk to eachother and become one.

I know you can get your shit together, man.
But get out of that comfortable shit. Drugs and psychologists are literally a scam. They were invented to trap you. I'm telling you this because I see a fellow human in trouble. I help people for free. Psychologists and drug pushers make bank off of you. Not to be trusted. They are salesmen.

You do have to fight though. Watch some neon genesis evangelion for inspiration.

You got it buddy.

Hey relax op don't force going to sleep you're gonna be okay