There are """people""" who post on Sup Forums, but do not play a musical instrument or write songs/produce/etcetc

>there are """people""" who post on Sup Forums, but do not play a musical instrument or write songs/produce/etcetc

It would be like posting on /o/ without owning a car/bike. Why do these losers insist on posting?

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/3kwgl4na
youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That outfit is fucking tight, I'm gonna go ask /fa/ about this

reply to this post or your favorite album will disappear for your memory 5ever

what kind of glasses are those?

This is impossible though.

Got a problem with shitposting son?

At least i'm no longer a tripfag.
Either way, It's my board, I've been here longer than you.

grats on your DAW and soundcloud

How can you tell?

I don't know. I do listen to a lot of music. And I want to get bass lessons I just don't have time

>I just don't have time
>on Sup Forums

2bh I think the minimum requirement to be able to post here without it being considered shitposting is (at the bare minimum) a grasp of music theory

rly makes u think

if my favorite album disappears from my memory then I'll finally be able to experience it for a second time!

That's stupid. It's like expecting the film fans to make films, ffs.

or they could be screenwriters, actors, etcetc. But yeah if they don't do any of that then it's the same thing as what I said in the OP

>there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT now who do not produce/direct films
it would be like posting on Sup Forums without playing a musical instrument.

That being said, lets hear your stuff OP

true

There's no excuse, either; you could do no-input with a cheap mixer and post only harsh noise threads, and even that would be ok (not really but still)

>upload your first vaporwave track to soundcloud
>post this

We just like to trigger you user

People always talk about how they want to experience their favorite book, film, music, video game for the first time again but idk I never felt this desire. You tend to pick up on interesting things on rewatches/listens/readings and I find those to be much more captivating experience than a total blind run. I suppose I would want to experience video games again from the perspective of a child again though.

I think thats straight BS. Thats the kind of arrogant toxic statements killing the board. You guys really need to stop focusing on who is the "better" or more special music listener. Almost everyone on here are convinced their taste and knowledge is sooooo fucking important.

something disagrees with your taste?
Typical mu reponse:
FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT VIVALDI & MOZART. You dont know music history and theory bla fucking bla.

Idc how many hours u spent studying or how thick your turntable is or how much money you wasted on your macintosh setup.

This SHIT attitude is ALL i can fucking find on this site.

Here's an example. A newcomer starts an actual thread about music looking for suggestions. He asks: hey guys whats some good EDM music?

Next posts as follows:

> EDM MUSIC
U fucking moron theres no such thing

Thread derails into genre policing. Everybody gets mad. Despite many reading "EDM" have a remotely accurate idea of what OP might like, no music is shared or discussed in a constructive manner. Newcomer leaves cus he realizes this site is a piece of shit. Mu stays the same - close minded and depressed in humanity. Ive been trying to change some minds but it seems hopeless. I guess everyone but me wants every thread to be a toxic fight filled with arrogance and repressed rage.

This place isnt about music at all anymore. At its core its nothing but a pissing contest

>"dude it doesn't matter how much you know I just wanna be a pleb, please stop bullying me. These posts are really problematic for the Sup Forums community you know!"
wew lad

Thx for proving my point so efficiently.

kek

uhm I hate to be the one to break it to you but if you don't know at least a little bit of music theory or the like then you can't really discuss music on any meaningful level. Anything you would have to say would amount to "hey, I like it!" or something equally trivial.

Well said user

>EDM music
>electronic dance music music
wow you really are retarded huh

go to /daily/ for consistent, decent, mostly non-toxic music discussion

Most people hate the rating culture there, but hey, pick your poison. At least everyone there is friendly.

So i understand you are very educated. I suppose that lets you enjoy music more than the rest of us right? If so why are you such a hater? You should be euphoric right? When im in a great mood i dont feel like being a demeaning dick - maybe we are different like that?

Tell me what's the difference between someone as "experienced" of a listener like you talking trash to somebody who in your opinion cant understand music; and some post rock radiohead fanboy being rude to someone who cant be bothered to listen to anything but contemporary hits? Sure you are the elitist at the top of the food chain - but you are both sitting there upset and dissapointed at something.

>Tell me what's the difference between someone as "experienced" of a listener like you talking trash to somebody who in your opinion cant understand music
dude holy fuck are you really going to tell people who have spent literally years and countless hours cultuvating their tastes that they're still obligated to pretend like some shithead who walked in off the street actually makes a decent conversation partner for a topic that they're only marginally versed in

fuck off

hating on those who are not as educated as you is due to frustration
hating on those who are more educated than you is a sine of insecurity/jealousy

I don't care if you don't "get" theory; just don't post or make any comments pretending like you have a clue.
>notice how I said "posting" and not "lurking" in the OP

I wouldn't be telling anyone anything like that if they didnt step on other peoples toes. Its not about people who do music theory its about the toxic attitude shared by the majority of people here. Negativity spreads like fire. I was once arrogant like you; it was the unhappy part of my life.

desu if you aren't at least a little bit arrogant in something, then it means you are not good/knowledgeable in anything

>Its not about people who do music theory its about the toxic attitude shared by the majority of people here. Negativity spreads like fire
>muh forced positivity
>you arent allowed to be negative becaus negativity is bad, and its bad because i said so
>you can only feel the way that i say you can feel
>if you want to be negative you arent allowed because i dont like it
>please change who you are for me because i dont like it
i actually hate people like you with a truly deep burning passion

I-is it o-okay if I'm not really there yet but trying?

yes just dont condescend to people who are more learned than you are

Thats a clever way to enforce/justify your worldview. Albeit you are fooling yourself. Maybe if you adjusted your behavior someone would admire you in that way you desperately desire

>toxic
Hi, Reddit.

IMO many of you should reflect on your dedications. Why are you obsessed with being considered an "expert listener" by your piers? I recognize this personality trait and strongly suggest you try to let go of it. Just because so many on here act like this - it doesn't make it right or healthy. Gosh i even see people who like the same artist express absolute RAGE towards eachother because they disagree about what ALBUM is the best when both albums are made by THE SAME FUCKING ARTIST??? This happens on a daily. Overall i don't think this attitude on mu will change ever, but you people as individuals can. Please try stop giving a fuck about others think of what YOU like. Why should they decide for you? So what if they are considered more "experienced" with music or whatever? Fuck a critic & fuck a hater. Rating music is straight retarded. Listen to what you like despite if it's considered cheesy or cheap or uninteresting by some faggot trying WAY TOO HARD to appear better than the rest. If you consider somebodies preferences boring or pale in comparison to yours, fine - who is gonna prove whether you are right or wrong? Yes we should discuss, share and reflect, thats the actual point of a site like this, but when the majority of people on here are just looking for an opportunity to release their rage - it becomes a pointless shout war. The toxicity is what's keeping us all from finding more dope ass stuff.

I often have these thoughts too thinking top 40 stuff is boring etc. but i try to refrain from getting angry or depressed about it. It is what it is now do YOU. Ima do me.

I use spotify, i make playlists, i rarely listen to full albums. Maybe ill never listen to the great "classics" - im too lazy; it bores me. Still i fucking love this music thang man. It's probably saved my life.

Now release your rage on me instead of some passerby who didnt know how to behave with mu etiquette, but just likes music.

Hey maybe if you read a music theory book instead of "Introduction to Armchair Psychology" your opinions wouldn't get shat on. You might even acquire better taste

It's like ya'll have never actually had to talk with another human being before

people can discuss a topic and have different levels of knowledge

It's just reality, wth

that's like saying you can't post on Sup Forums unless you're a child or retarde-
oh.

This. If they studied great paintings they would argue only the educated should have the right to go to museums. What an uneducated person feels and thinks when he looks at a painting is wrong.

You are looking at this painting the wrong way
You are reading this book without the right context

user, what are some of your favorite artists?

>You are looking at this painting the wrong way
>You are reading this book without the right context
There are multiple ways to interpret a piece of art, none of them being 'the right way'. Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to talk about art you see in a museum either lol. Is it really that hard to get some class?

you're being overly competitive without reading the post

he was using those as examples of fallacious arguments

you and he agree

You are right. My apologies lad

clyp.it/3kwgl4na

np friend

>there are people on /k/ who've never shot a gun
>there are people on Sup Forums who are black
>there are people who post on /rdk/ who ahve a girlfriend
>there are people who post on /ck/ who eat mcdonalds every day
>there are people who post on Sup Forums who can't programme
>there are people who post on /sci/ who can't do calculus
>there are people who post on /fit/ who are fat and lazy
>there are people who posrt on /lit/ who read a book a year
>there are people on /fa/ who aren't gay
>there are people who post on Sup Forums who think that penises can be feminine
Does it really matter OP

I've tried making music but it's not easy, user

>>there are people on /k/ who've never shot a gun
Other weapons are fine. It's a weapons board not a gun board.
>>there are people on Sup Forums who are black
Being black has nothing to do with how educated you are in politics
>>there are people who post on Sup Forums who can't programme
This actually is a problem
>>there are people who post on /sci/ who can't do calculus
Also a problem, even if you are an engineer or chemist or other stem field calculus is important to know (only morons disagree)
>>there are people who post on /fit/ who are fat and lazy
You can work out and be fat. Lazy not so much
>>there are people who posrt on /lit/ who read a book a year
At least they proofread before posting desu senpai
>>there are people on /fa/ who aren't gay
If you think you need to be gay in order to be well dressed and care about your appearance, odds are you never get laid (not saying /fa/ is well dressed in average btw)
>>there are people who post on Sup Forums who think that penises can be feminine
Sup Forums is shit so who cares. It has literally never been good

>Being black has nothing to do with how educated you are in politics
nigger detected

>being black has nothing to do with how educated you are in politics
t. nigger

>Being black has nothing to do with how educated you are in politics
>implying Sup Forums is educated in politics

>Sup Forums
>It has literally never been good

>being black has nithing to do with how educated you are in politics
I spy with my little eye something that is black

Not him but he is right, Sup Forums is Sup Forumslution

Explain (with your big boy words ) how being black would make any difference in this situation. Are you implying you know more about politics simply because you have a melanin deficiency? Don't be ridiculous
>not even black btw
>or white for that matter
Sorry I did not mean to imply that people on Sup Forums are educated

What could this be?
youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw

And yet you replied anyway

new: the post

No it isn't.

no pleas

Hey buddy it's not my fault you are no good at anything. Imagine being this faggot: eight years on Sup Forums and he can't even play twinkle twinkle little star on the bass. Most likely a virgin as well.

>If they studied great paintings they would argue only the educated should have the right to go to museums.
Apples and oranges compairison. People who are unlearned going to museums isnt a problem because you arent forced to have conversations with them
>You are looking at this painting the wrong way
Next time some dumb faggot looks at a rothko multiform and says "hurr durr my 12 year old could do this" try not to say those exact fucking words

no u

Well dw snowflake im giving up on this place. The fact that you are so strongly dedicated to music and use this board is beyond me. This place is truly a piece of shit. It is surely in a steady decline. So ill leave you aristocrats in charge.

I understand why you are frustrated conversating with others of your own species - maybe work on that. Talking and having a laugh with another human is quite satisfying - releases dopamine and shit u shud give it a go. Good luck finding someone good enough for you - hopefully one day your perspective will change.

>the fact that dedicated music fans use a dedicated music board is beyond me

what album

>releases dopamine and shit u shud give it a go.
sick non-scientific non-facts bro

really enlightening dude thanks dp you teach neurology too

kek

>You don't make games? Don't post on Sup Forums!
>You aren't a fashion designer? Never post on /fa/!