This is a serious question and not bait

This is a serious question and not bait.

Would Frank Ocean be as famous if he wasn't gay?

Other urls found in this thread:

itunes.apple.com/au/album/chanel-single/id1214557444
frankocean.tumblr.com/post/26473798723
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he had massive hype before he came out, but I do think the extra publicity couldnt hurt

so marginally less talked about and less famous

Yes.

Channel Orange is a pretty damn amazing album.

also new Frank track I guess. Didn't know when I made this thread.

itunes.apple.com/au/album/chanel-single/id1214557444

he wouldve ended up as big as he is now regardless. his sexuality probably did give him a little more buzz and speed things up, but its not the driving force behind his popularity.

genuinely good album

Blonde is ok, few tracks are great but channel orange is great from start to finish, spesh pyramids. lyrics are unique

He'd be way more famous. The girls in my family dropped channel orange when they found out he was gay.

Him being gay feels pretty irrelevant today, but it probably did attribute to the rise, like and said

Him being gay rarely intrudes in his music so yes

you black by any chance?

no, he was already super hyped after nostalgia, ULTRA. and the WTT feature, plus he nailed the Fallon performance the week of the release

the letter was just to help people understand the album

Does anyone have proof that hes gay?

bro hes touring the east coast right now and makin mad money off blond

1. is he really touring?
2. what was the point of this post

He's had boyfriends and had been seen in public with them and shit so I would the nigga is legit gay

frankocean.tumblr.com/post/26473798723

he's bisexual

>so I would the nigga

lmao

I would think the nigga is legit gay

I'm gay

-Frank Ocean

pleb opinion confirmed, nigga

Not that his bisexuality is all-defining, but he wouldn't be quite the same artist if he were straight. His complicated sexuality makes up one really interesting aspect of his songwriting, and likely affects other aspects on some level.

I'm not sure how much of his open bisexuality translated into direct fame and attention though. I don't really keep up with that side of the media.

Do you think he would have been able to make channel orange and blonde if he wasnt gay?

I think he would have still been very successful. He is immensely talented. It did give him something interesting to write about that set him apart from his peers though.