Films you genuinely believe are underrated

Films you genuinely believe are underrated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God fucking damnit. Not even one post into this thread and some edgy 18 year old posts a well-received movie like it's underrated.

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

The unrated cut is absolute capekino.

It's not underrated. But after Robin Williams suicide nobody wants to watch or think about it anymore.

You retards need to learn what underrated means.

Nominated for three Academy Awards and won two.

70% Approval
414m on a 120m budget

72% Approval
41m on a 15m budget

OUT OF MY WAY TEENAGE FUCKING SHITS.

THIS MOVIE WAS RIPPED APART BY CRITICS.

FANS SAY PITCH BLACK IS BETTER.

IT FLOPPED COMMERCIALLY.

BUT IT'S FUCKING GREAT.

WATCH IT AND HAVE FUN.

I agree its such a great fulm

No, it's actually fucking garbage and was the reason Riddick was made to appease the fans and Deasel wanted to do it because he felt Chronicles wasn't that good either.
>muh PG-13

Take note, kids. This is how you know it's a real underrated film

These two for sure.

The theatrical cut is ridiculous with the random cuts, especially when they're trying to leave the prison planet. There's a shot with Riddick behind the rocks waiting to ambush necromongers guarding a runway, and the next shot is all of them lying on the ground as the chick is being dragged into a spaceship.

Ultimate Cut.

Is this the one where jack frost is evil?

I remember seeing this and another similar looking one at blockbuster when j was a child that had a holographic cover that would switch between happy Jack Frost and evil, sharp toothed Frost

That's why you watch the director's cut

LOOK. AT. THE. TOP. OF. HIS. HEAD.

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0

pump up the volume

lucky number slevin

No, that's the one where he rapes Shannon Elizabeth

what movie?

This film moved me on first viewing. Sure. I have a pulse.

Second viewing, though? It just came across as heavy-handed schmaltz supported by (admittedly impressive) CG work.

It just comes across as inauthentic somehow, and leads me to say that it's rated precisely where it needs to be.

100% kino, 10/10 best of the Wachowskis

essential snore-core?

The sequel will never happen.

much better than its given credit for

Would've been better with the original score.

Making his son an adult black guy ruined the film.
A single decisions that destroyed an otherwise great film.

It was a disguse, you fucking mong.

IT doesnt matter. It was retarded.

I cried. I don't fucking cry at movies

in the overall list of great fantasy movies there are barely twenty, so the Hobbit stacks up quite well to the hundreds of shitty ones.

It got bogged down in nerd/movie politics. Forcing it into a trilogy and all that. But I would agree, there's much worse fantasy movies.

Like the labyrinth for example

Mall rats has a lot of cringy dialogue, maybe it was more acceptable during that time but looking back at it, there was a lot of cheesy parts in it

stop using rotten tomatoes. dont you dare try to prove anything by throwing their fucking lies and bullshit statistics at us.

The first one is fine. The last two are absolutely disgusting.

Definitely this. I couldn't believe the hate this got. It was a fun and trippy movie. I was looking forward to a sequel too

I thought the second was the best. And I really liked the way they did that scene with Bilbo going loony in the woods.

what kind of autist compares The Hobbit to fucking Labyrinth.

if you'd grown up with the Adam West silly Batman, then this movie was great. Batman is a joke character not this grimdark bullshit we see today.

>Macgruber

I remember seeing this when it came out, i was younger and stupider and i loved the shit out of it and who am I kidding, I haven't matured a damn bit, that movie is great

Adam Sandler movies get a lot of hate in general, and honestly I'd be hard pressed to deny most any of it. But this movie struck a constant emotional cord with me and had me bawling towards the end, and I haven't before and haven't since ever come past getting a little watery-eyed at a movie.

He may have done the whole 'father that isn't great but tries and learns his lesson' shtick to death, but this is the one time the concept shined for him.

>DEAD
>DEE EE DEE
>DEAD!

that atmosphere and tone

i dont know much about his origin to say whether hes a joke character. The early serials were just shitty detective and action with no style really, but the farce level antics of the Adam West era definitely revived in this version. Its not good or bad, but its at least more inline with some previous incarnation of him than the tim burton one was.
Ill say that i didnt really get it till i found out joel shumacker is gay and really into gay theater.. Then it all clicked.. This is an old fashion cabaret style version of batman. The dragqueen cabaret type. Campy sets and costumes, cheap puns, lotta sexual tension; you can almost expect to see curtains on the edges of the screen. Knowing that, its actually more enjoyable as something intentionally bad for chuckles.
When something is intentionally camp, its hard to rate it. Its no longer a bad movie; it just is what it is.