Also 4man auditions

Last time:

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Foreman#The_Leaked_Scripts
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7x2P-L3p262N1hab2hVQVZBWGM&usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

She likes candy!

new season of torchwood please

make it like s2 and s3 because s1 and miracle gay sucked.

UPDATED CASTING CALL FOR THE /who/ AUDIO PRODUCTION OF "Foreman"

1.01 - 'Nirvi'
Scripts here: doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Foreman#The_Leaked_Scripts

We've done very nicely so far, with most of the parts accounted for (some more than once) and a lot of recordings covered already. So it just comes down to the final few before we're at full cast.

= MAJOR PARTS WE STILL NEED =

>NIRVI CHANDRATREYA
A "brittle" independent feminist biracial former-Muslim atheist politics student, who wishes to find a sense of belonging in the world.
"I was attacked by a tentacle monster and saved by an alien who looks like a lanky white boy. Can’t get shocked after a night like that."

>ALEX STARLING
A "fiery" young man, he is disorganised and hopeless but a sexually ravenous party animal. Had a difficult past. Nirvi's 'emotional rock'.
"Three-hundred year old space alien with razor cheekbones AND he makes a killer sandwich? You hold onto this one, Nirvi."

= MINOR PARTS STILL AVAILABLE =

>Grace Butterworth, an 'oldish white woman' who gives lectures (4 lines in Ep. 1)
"So we can take it as read that suffrage was an essential aspect of the political landscape in the following century. As soon as women entered the game --"

>Chris, a 'well-sculpted white boy' who Nirvi finds in Alex's room (4 lines in Ep. 1)
"Uh... Chris. Sorry, she said you wouldn’t be back for another hour, and --"

>Second Student, who the Doctor finds high as balls and experiencing 'extreme cognition' from the effects of the Axons' drug (11 lines in Ep. 3)
"Axis XYZ... W is time. Look at it, right? You can’t see time."

>UNIT Guardsmen 1 and 2 (1 line each in Ep. 4)
"You hear he’s Major Scobie’s boy?" "Really? What a waste."

To volunteer for a part, just post in the thread and/or email [email protected] and get recording.
Quality not required.

Google Drive for the project, with full cast info, files, scene lists and FAQ:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7x2P-L3p262N1hab2hVQVZBWGM&usp=sharing

>"I was attacked by a tentacle monster and saved by an alien who looks like a lanky white boy. Can’t get shocked after a night like that."

>"Three-hundred year old space alien with razor cheekbones AND he makes a killer sandwich? You hold onto this one, Nirvi."

NO-ONE TALKS LIKE THAT

I wonder if these Twitter autists realise that the cast are there to WORK. That is their only commitment. They're not obliged to take photos with people.
I've noticed that Capaldi looks more and more fed up in photos now. Probably because of the same people showing up and harassing the set.

I can understand why kids/parents would go to set, but literally what is the point in going more than once?

Matt Lucas says he's been asked not to pose for photos. I bet none of the cast will now, and it will be because of these fucking idiot 'set reporters'.

Meanwhile, Pearl Mackie is retweeting ridiculous SJW tripe. Great to see they've cast a total apolotical moron as the companion.

Nice bait Adolf!

so this pretty much proves that we have no femanons on here? Man, that's depressing.

face it, there never has been

/who/ is sausage fest at the extreme end of the time continuum

Other updates:
- Still waiting on recording for 'Dozy'
- Still open to any SFX/music/art contributions

Untrue, there is one in a very small part. You will have to see if you can spot them when you listen to the audio.

Characters in new who do.

cock.

Or they are aware that if they out themselves and get involved they might have to deal with a bunch of creepy comments.

No. Not even RTD characters were this phoned in.

>Untrue, there is one in a very small part
It's his cock.

>"Three-hundred year old space alien with razor cheekbones AND he makes a killer sandwich? You hold onto this one, Nirvi."
Most wouldn't even bat an eyelid if this was in a Moffat episode.

>time continuum
Autism spectrum

Find me a single quote that sounds like that in a Moffat episode. I dare you.

>Humany Wumany

>Characters in new who do.
No no no, NuWho fans just think they do. If you actually compare those lines with your average quippy NuWho line, you will notice a subtle difference. TV writers have to understand the flow of words and information in a way fan writers often don't. Those lines above have absolutely no rhythm, if you tried to say them out loud you would get bored halfway through.

>tfw no femanon to shitpost on /who/ with

Want to go back to the Companion Chronicles and listen to a few. Besides the obvious like Piscon Paradox and the Sara Kingdom trilogy, what are some neat ones?

>you will notice a subtle difference
Exactly. It's subtle. People are pretending that they are absolutely ridiculous lines but really there's not a huge difference.

>Rescue me, chin boy, and show me the stars.

Literally wrong.

what is your definition of neat? Piscon Paradox is fucking terrible
:)

That doesn't sound like the Foreman quote. At all.

Okay.

>Exactly. It's subtle
Don't confuse subtle with unimportant. Lines like those ones would bring any TV episode screeching to a halt for their sheer awkwardness.

The feminist psycobable interlaced in the conversation for the feminine roles is hard to read and harder to say aloud. Nirvi is an almost daunting task from what I've read. An user offered to read the role in falsetto if no one is found in a week. Belle could do, but it would have to be an american accent, no way she could attempt a brit one AND get over the dialog, plus there's a metric fuckton of it.

Even if that was similar to the Foreskin quote (which it isn't), Moffat doesn't throw it in your face and it's just a throwaway line.

I'm not saying it's unimportant, and I'm not saying the Foreman lines are good. It's just /who/ likes to think there's a gulf of quality between them and what we get on the show and, sadly, there isn't.

The Rocket Men
Return of the Rocket Men

The Memory Cheats
Second Chances

The Last Post

Mastermind

The Scorchies

Solitaire

I should write my own scripts. VNA-level dark and Foreman-level fluid.

Moffat and the Timey Wimey Goons

>I'm quite the screamer. Now there's a spoiler for you.

it feels like a bad imitation. They see that something is popular but don't quite understand why, and so in their attempt to reproduce it they miss the point of what made it appealing in the first place.

Literally doesn't look like the other.

>feminist psycobable
b-but our dislike for Foreman and Claudia isn't political or hate-driven! we just think the scripts are silly! that's all!

Haha Cloister. REKT by his own words. GOAT

Uh oh
www.bbc com/news/entertainment-arts-36682609
Today's feminism is silly.

rip

You're really reaching. I'm a bit embarrassed that you'd pick on Cloister.

good thing most of us are gay

hope he doesn't die

Ringpullworld
The least you know about it before listening the better.
Also, what the other guy said.

HE'LL BE FINE
E
L
L
B
E
F I N E

No no not like this not before we get a good war doctor audio

>'
You had one job.

And that is what some eps of new who are like to some. Nearly all fanfic is like this. And the best example is new Top Gear.
Copying or mimicking memes onkl produces a hollow product, devoid of innovation or any art.

>Hell be fine

What is this?

>fire_mofferino
>not funk_moffinferno

They'll get Walder Frey to replace him like they did with The Strain.

I'm not going to argue against that. I think that's a pretty apt analysis. Personally I just think /who/ is a bit hyperbolic about some of these lines.

John Hurt is in hospital again

Don't you dare use you're meme magic on John you cunt

Only the monstrous was pretty good I thought. Room for improvement of course. Hope it's just an intestinal malady like is reported

I really meant what was that stupid post format all about but thanks.

Do you think the exterior will change with Chibnall? I want it too look rough and old again.

It feels like some of the 4DAs and Technophobia in how they imitate their respective eras but only really capture the aesthetic instead of the spirit.

The meme?
Oh nothing, it's just that Sup Forums killed lemmy with meme magic once.

>being this new

Worship Kek and this what happens.

Holy fuck that is bad autism. Wew.

>tfw John Hurt will be gone soon and a substantial part of his big finish output is briggs-shit

Or he's pretending, to get someone to waste time explaining their autism.

Attack one of his pawns and the same thing happens.
Don't fuck with kek, he's an angry god.

oh yeah, no doubt about that. Personally I don't even think it's that bad. I mean, it's obviously not good but I read (and probably wrote) tons of stuff equally bad or even worse.
I find Foreman funny though because the creators were so convinced of themselves, hyped themselves up like the second coming of jesus, slagging off the moffat-era in the process, and then delivered.. that.

Scares me more than johovah ever did desu. Kek gave us danny splink, and pancake tuesdays, he's generous as well.

what has this to do with dr who?
Last night cats got his pet mod to ban someone for saying 'here we go' when Claudia hate started.

meme magic is not to be taken lightly.

It's amazing how much of a non-event the Hurt boxsets were in the end. No-one is going to be bringing those up in 6 years like they still do, say, A Death In The Family. To think you get such a good actor and you give him maybe 1 episode's worth of interesting material across 6 hours

Meme magic could make a good dr who episode desu, let's go with that.
Just imagine The Doctor investigating some strange epic memes.

wasn't there a Tenth Doctor novel they wanted to publish about that?

M-maybe the last two ones will be good

Have you taken your medication today m8?

>First episode of the Chibnall era
>There's something on the Internet, Bill. It's leeching off of ideas and making them reality. If we don't stop it...the memes are going to take over!

seconded. *wink*

I agree with this. The same goes for River Song and some others. Churchill??
These are more like fanfic than big finish used to be. In fact, these audios would have ripped apart as fanfic a few years ago.

>Churchill??
I liked that one.

Hope classic doctors/ new monsters will be out soon and also pretty good.

I liked Diary of River Song

I mean, it was nothing like Doctor Who, but I liked it. Kinda like I liked Bernice Summerfield audios where she was just some chick running errands on alien planets. That was the shit I didn't know I wanted.

of course

I honestly found the River Song box set more consistently interesting than the second Hurt one (didn't listen to the first but I hear it's worse). But you're right that none of these are going to go down as classics, it's just extra galling when this is probably some of the last work Hurt is going to be doing.

something to do with psychic energy, and memetic repetition in the collective psyche manifesting itself in reality, reality being a matrix like simulation? Concluding with the doctor waking up wearing a wired colander on his head. It could probably write itself.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed in Only the Monstrous. It's great to hear Hurt and it makes me hype about War Doctor stories in general, but the writing was pretty standard.

I think the best hope for War Doctor stories is novels, honestly. What made the EDA books so good was that they weren't a previous era of the show, they were the primary DW. So they could do whatever they wanted, go in any direction, and you never knew what would happen to the characters. You could do that with a series of War Doctor novels too. And, even better, you could do very strange and dark stories that you could never do with any other Doctor.

It's really an untapped era of potential.

>tfw this doesn't even seem that implausible
>mfw they try to make Doctor Who 'hip and relevant with the kids' by addressing memes because "it's part of culture and this is the Doctor Who interpretation"
>mfw it's the fastest-dating episode of all time
>mfw it's completely tone deaf and wince-inducing

If it wasn't Hurt no-one would rate these. The Time War was already done in the EDAs much better anyway.

If War Doctor novels ever happen I sincerely hope they have more effort, time and talent put into them than Engines of War.

Yeah, a lot of what the War Doctor audios retread old ground Dark Eyes and the EDAs have done several times. Briggs is even just writing him like an older 8 instead of the warrior all the other Doctors fear.

>implying memes aren't the foundations of a better tomorrow

To be fair to Briggs, Moffat saddled us with this pointless incarnation.

Yeah, I haven't read it yet but I remember being a bit shocked and disappointed that it's a YA novel. The War Doctor seems like the least equipped Doctor for that level of writing. A waste. And the further away we get from the 50th the less likely BBC will bother with any more. The character will probably be forgotten entirely in a few years.

Aside from abuse of the verb "Bellowed" I liked Engines of War.

Don't blame Moffat blame the Chris the Crisp

>Chibnall era
>Bill
>Implying everything won't be different

I thought engines was ok, albeit predictable. You have to consider the target audience. I thought cinder was written pretty well. From the fan art posted here, and seen elsewhere I was under the impression that it was as well received as you could expect. The descriptions of the degradations etc were rather colorful.

>instead of the warrior all the other Doctors fear.
Moffat undermined that idea as quickly and thoroughly as he could. Another reason why novels would be a good format, you can have young War Doctor. And old War Doctor can remain the cuddly grandpa he is.

Although shouting and rocking the boat was pretty spooky, to be honest. So Briggs wrote him slightly more menacing than Moffat did.