>inoffensive jazz
What jazz is offensive?

Bohren and der club of fedoras

in·of·fen·sive
ˌinəˈfensiv/Submit
adjective
not objectionable or harmful.
"the water ouzel is an agile, inoffensive creature"
synonyms: harmless, innocuous, unobjectionable, unexceptionable; nonviolent, nonaggressive, mild, peaceful, peaceable, gentle; tame, innocent

Work at Panera, our music kicks ass

DAMN YOU'RE E D G Y

Go 2 bed kiddo

I've heard Beach House a couple of times

DAS IT

*sits across from you at Panera Bread*

My cousin died in a fire here

mark is one ugly-ass motherfucker

To all markposters, mods are deleting markposts like crazy :(

I've been working at Panera for two years and they pretty much had the same radio-host for the entire time. You get mostly covers of pop songs and indie folk rock.

The best tunes that they played would be talking head's naive melody (which I haven't gotten tired of yet) gorillaz's melancholy hill, and some decent pop songs from the 80s.

Once they had a different radio station for like a week and heard animal collective's My Girls on it, which was surprising. Also a National song too.

So basically Panera is mostly shit singer songwriter songs but the rest of it is stuff mu listens to casually

The corporate playlist is mostly jazz.

All the pasta and soups are frozen, stop asking please.
Turkey smells bad when you're handling 50lbs of the stuff a day.
No, you cannot make reservations for tomorrow's bread.
All the pasta is microwaved and put into your fancy bowl.
No this place isn't inherently healthier than fast food; the average order is still around 1000kcal and you can accomplish that at Taco Bell for $5.

>t. Former employee that got fired for voting Trump

Also I feel like Joanna Newsom could play here but her voice is extremely hit and miss with audiences.

I caught Hey Ya! being played once.

>All the pasta and soups are frozen
correct
>Turkey smells bad when you're handling 50lbs of the stuff a day
dont do prep but smell it sometimes too
>No, you cannot make reservations for tomorrow's bread.
We do, people call up and the bakers make extra bread and we bag it with their phone number-name on it
>All the pasta is microwaved and put into your fancy bowl.
correct. Also soup is in a plastic bag that is just heated up in a big hot tub
>No this place isn't inherently healthier than fast food; the average order is still around 1000kcal and you can accomplish that at Taco Bell for $5.
My manager stressed at out last meeting that this is not a health food store, simply a fast food place with food that is a bit more trust-worthy.

Fat fucks come in and think they're using their money wisely while choosing an apple on the side and ignoring the stuff that is in their meal

The store I worked at is next to a hospital and fat people would do that shit all the time.
>Let me get a Chick Tortellini Alfredo with a half Frontooga (never pronounced correctly) panini and a large lemonade.
>Oh an apple on the side teehee

That's still over 1200kcal in one sitting.

Working with frozen food like that sounds nasty. Is it?

The frontega pronunciation is spot on but it never bothers me- i wouldn't be able to pronounce half the shit if i didnt work there. You know for sure corporate names stuff like so it looks fancier.

I kind of hate it when parents get their kids 600 cal cinnamon rolls and other shit, no matter what age you are, no one should be eating that ontop of sugar drinks and whatever else they munch on at home from the grocery store.

The price for everything is kind of a shame too.
Dont get me started on the bagels- why the fuck do these sell when there are bagel delis existing.

I dont work the food prep position but still do some stuff with the food like bring the soups out of the freezer and into the hottubs and into the production line.
I do dishes however and i guess if i can do that prep would be a breeze. Pretty much clean up all the tools they use.

Nah, it's pretty clean even if the smell of half a dozen different soups on the line gets kinda blegh at times.

Frozen bags are taken out of the deep freezer and dropped in a "thermalizer" which is just a big hot water bath until it's at the proper serving temperature. Then the bags are cut and dumped into these metal containers that sit on a heated line and ladled into your customers' bowls. Pastas are taken out of the freezer and put in the bakers walk-in where I work, then stored on the line once thawed and microwaved to order.

>Pricing
I swear. My manager insists this is McDonald's for the upper class. I told him true upperclass people eat at home or a legit restaurant if they want something nice that takes time to prep, and don't mind getting total garbage if they're really just looking for fast food. The most expensive vehicle I've ever seen at a fast food/fast casual place was an Aventador at Chick-Fil-A.

Panera Bread's pricing will, in my opinion, probably kill it the next time a major recession hits. The sort of middle-class people that make it a dining staple are going to be the ones taking pay cuts and not buying it anymore.

>Bagels
I don't get it either. I guess they do use them on breakfast sandwiches at least. I remember this fat guy came into the store and made a scene over a scone.

Oh, and those assholes that figured out how the salad pricing works.
>I'd like a [salad]
>With double everything
>And everything on the side

It's because only meats and cheeses (also possibly olives now) actually cost extra to double, so they order two salads at around 30% cheaper than doing it the normal way, 50% cheaper if it's just a classic.

I dont actually have anyone like that who buys everything else double. Funny thing is they're still overpaying for that salad.

and the target consumers seems to be middle class, upper class definitely do just make their own meals or eat at a restaurant.

It's gonna be interesting to see what happens if there is a recession, i joined two years ago so didnt get to see anything about the last one.

Most people resort to groceries right?

Yeah, groceries or total junk food.
My store's food cost was about 26% total, far less on salads.

lol one time i told my english teacher i worked there and said to come visit me and he did and then he embarrased himself asking for (my name) to the cash register bitch what a dumbass lmao